Do the math gnomes live in a castle? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-18-2011, 05:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My twins are very excited about their math block and I have decided to make math gnomes for them as a christmas present. Some kind of a gnome house would be nice too. They told me about the castle where the gnomes live, but I didn´t quite understand their story. I want to keep the secret so I don´t want to ask again (and again), so maybe someone here knows the story! Is there some pictures of the math gnome castle or is it just my children´s teacher´s own story?

Mom to three (A & V 2004, T 2009fly-by-nursing2.gif), teacher, DIYier, Waldorf enthusiast, declutterer, wannabe domestic goddess, a jane-of-all-trades, a dreamer

#2 of 5 Old 11-19-2011, 12:22 AM

I know in my son's class they lived on Number Mountain, but I don't recall a castle.

#3 of 5 Old 11-20-2011, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, I listened my kids talking about their maths and I believe the castle is created by their teacher who is quite a math enthusiast. DD drew a beautiful picture of it and it was fantastic. There was towers for all the gnomes in specific colours and shapes. I think the kids have to imagine it when they play with their wooden gnomes, since I can't build anything like that.

If there's a good hint for making these gnomes I'd like to know. I have found a few examples on Etsy but if there are more, please let me know!

Mom to three (A & V 2004, T 2009fly-by-nursing2.gif), teacher, DIYier, Waldorf enthusiast, declutterer, wannabe domestic goddess, a jane-of-all-trades, a dreamer

#4 of 5 Old 11-20-2011, 04:29 PM

Just ask their teacher :)

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#5 of 5 Old 11-20-2011, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

I would but she was very mysterious about this at the parent meeting. She said that she want's the story to be a surprice for the class and somehow parents tend to reveal the secret to their children (how stupid is that?!). So if I want to get something done for christmas I have to start now and I don't want to disturb their teacher because she already said otherwise. But I think the gnomes are enough fun for my twins. The castle was my overachievement raising it's head...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page