Parents who are Waldorf teachers - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-15-2011, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm considering Waldorf teacher training and would like to hear some of the experiences of other parents who also work as Waldorf teachers. I've studied Steiner/Waldorf education since I was pregnant with DS. Obviously I want DS to have a Waldorf/Steiner influenced education and my two options are to become a Waldorf teacher or Waldorf homeschooling. The main influence to become a Waldorf teacher, however, is not purely so DS can attend a Waldorf school. I genuinely believe I would enjoy it and believe I could contribute. That said, I'm probably about 50-50 on this right now because I also really love spending my days with my DS and wouldn't mind having another child (which would be the homeschooling route). DS will be 4 in January. If I decide to go with WTT, I would begin either this August or the next, and DS could start Kindergarten. Anyway, I would love to hear thought and experiences.

Thanks!

Mom to a joy.gif 1/20/08

#2 of 3 Old 12-16-2011, 02:54 PM

You sound like where I was at a few months ago. I looked into becoming a Waldorf teacher and looked at all the websites and information I could find, that led me learn about summer sessions/ conferences at Steiner Schools all over the US, and decided I wanted to try one summer and see how I felt. Fast forward, 1 WHOLE month later, and now we are talking about having another baby and it just makes sense to home school if we are going to have 2 kids (2 kids in a waldorf school would be 20-40K a year and even with teachers discount (which is 20-40%) it's still a lot) and I know a few Waldorf teachers who stop working after having children of their own, cause being home is where our children learn best.

Now we are still discussing another baby and headed in the homeschooling direction, with a nice waldorf playroom for AE and looking forward to attending a summer session at a Steiner school in the future.

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#3 of 3 Old 12-20-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cassandraz View Post

2 kids in a waldorf school would be 20-40K a year and even with teachers discount (which is 20-40%) it's still a lot

I'm not sure if this has changed or not, but full-time employees get full tuition remission at our Waldorf school.

Wendy - treehugger.gif   aspiring Waldorf handwork teachercrochetsmilie.gif, computer geek's wife  geek.gif,

mom to former 2lb preemie (now 9) dust.gif & 3x cat.gif 

Tags
Waldorf

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page