Mothering Forum banner

Rhymes for Putting Shoes Away?

Tags
waldorf
808 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  babygirlsmama 
#1 ·
I've googled and googled and can't seem to find any Waldorf-inspired verses for putting away shoes on coming into the house. Does anyone know of any pertaining to putting away shoes? Or at least putting away? I hope that would help encourage my son to put those shoes away instead of nagging/lecturing. His teacher has a great rhyme for putting warm things on before going outside (that he loves to repeat and then actually DO it)...there must be something similar for putting away shoes, no?

Thanks!

#2 ·
I have one... but I think I got it from Barney...

Clean up clean up everybody everywhere. Clean up clean up everybody do your
share.
share.
share.

But we say pick up, pick up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayaandx View Post

I've googled and googled and can't seem to find any Waldorf-inspired verses for putting away shoes on coming into the house. Does anyone know of any pertaining to putting away shoes? Or at least putting away? I hope that would help encourage my son to put those shoes away instead of nagging/lecturing. His teacher has a great rhyme for putting warm things on before going outside (that he loves to repeat and then actually DO it)...there must be something similar for putting away shoes, no?

Thanks!

#4 ·
This works for about everything:

"This is the way we take off our shoes, take off our shoes, take off our shoes, This is the way we take off our shoes, early in the morning." "This is the way we put away our shoes...."

We use it all the time, and it doesn't seem to matter if it is really morning.

I also love just simple: "Tidy time....Tidy time...."

Our latest Waldorf teacher uses much simpler verses for transitions, and it seems just as (if not more) effective.

Good luck!

Babygirlsmama

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.