Dolls and furniture to fit Drewart house - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-29-2011, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, my lovely dad did a side trip in Poland and bought the large Drewart dolls house, fort and knights house. I have been looking at the evi dolls and grimms furniture. Will the size of these fit in the Drewart buildings. I had also considered Kathy Kruse dolls or the norbert? sets.

Very inexperienced but wanting to purchase things to suit and last several children.

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences.

Kathryn

#2 of 8 Old 12-31-2011, 12:34 AM

This photo courtesy of Marina @ www.asmalltribe.blogspot.com

00062a.jpg

I believe her dollhouse furniture is from Grimms Spiel Und Holz. 

Don't buy Evi dolls- they have PVC in them :(  Ostheimer came out with Dollhouse dolls, The Wooden Wagon carries them in the "dollhouses and dolls" section :)

hth!

rainbow1284.gif Mama to DD1 (6) DD2 (4) and DD3 (1)
#3 of 8 Old 12-31-2011, 01:33 PM

Hello Kathryn- sweet gift! I purchased the Norbert Verneuer furniture set at the wooden wagon. I'm still awaiting my drewart dollhouse but can let you know how that set works for us if you're interested.
#4 of 8 Old 11-01-2012, 01:02 PM

I'm posting the same thing multiple places, but in response to comment about Evi Dolls:

It's not a concern, as Franz from Evi Dolls writes (translated from the Portuguese):

"As the wireframe wrapped in PVC I have no option. [It's required by law that the wire be coated in plastic for safety].  We knew that in certain circles PVC is seen as a highly dangerous materials and sent to an individual test of this structure in accordance with the standards for toys in the lab SGS-Brazil, international accreditation.  According to the Appraisal Report this lab the level of phthalates (which is the villain of this story with PVC) in our wireframe is so small that is well below the reference table.

Their dolls also meet the testing for European Union EU-71 and are sold by Grimm's Spiel und Holz in Germany.

It's good to be cautious, but given the above, I don't believe that we need to worry about the PVC-coating on the wire frame in the Evi Dolls.  Both the Brazilian lab and the EU testing that Grimm's must have had done to import them will be testing for limits that, as with children's safety, are many times well below the suspected safe levels.  As Evi Dolls says, in the Brazilian lab, the level of pthalates tested was well below this level, that itself would be many times lower than that deemed safe.

Testing and regulations for children's toys are very strict and very cautious.  If it is passing these tests in Brazil and Germany, I don't think it is a problem.

Evi Dolls is a great company with a noble history, past and present.  They originally supported disabled peoples and women with children, many of them single mothers in poverty in Brazil, and taught them skills for doll-making, and a means to make a living and a way out of poverty.  Now it is mainly women working there, but still a social development project.  They use all wool stuffing, and they use the plastic coating because it is law that they do so for protection of children, should the wire become exposed.

#5 of 8 Old 11-01-2012, 01:29 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Evi is not required to use PVC-coated wire. They are required to use coated wire and are choosing to use PVC. Kathy Kruse uses cotton wrapped wire.

When this issue was first widely reported last year Nova Naturals, their primary US distributor confirmed that they were looking for an alternative. I returned the set of Evi dolls to Nova not because I thought it was a huge safety risk (all wire is well covered and I doubt there is actual risk) but if you are buying an expensive "natural" product it should contain natural ingredients. We use Kathy Kruse.

#6 of 8 Old 11-08-2012, 05:11 AM

I have three children and I went to my cousin house with my children some days ago and they saw their children cabins. Now they are demanding the same thing for them. Which is the best online site where can I buy cabins beds for my children? Thanks

#7 of 8 Old 11-19-2012, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

I have ordered twice from Toy Spectrum (Germany). Even with shipping to Australia I have found this site to be best in terms of price and range for Evi dolls and Grimms. Just placed a Xmas order the other week. If you are in the states you will probably have some good 'local' distributors at a reasonable price. Like nova naturals, blueberry place and the wooden wagon.
#8 of 8 Old 03-13-2013, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobaby View Post

I have ordered twice from Toy Spectrum (Germany). Even with shipping to Australia I have found this site to be best in terms of price and range for Evi dolls and Grimms. Just placed a Xmas order the other week. If you are in the states you will probably have some good 'local' distributors at a reasonable price. Like nova naturals, blueberry place and the wooden wagon.

At this point, those aren't Evi Dolls anymore from Grimm's.  Grimm's has sourced in Germany for these dolls to be made now, with some designs copied from Evi Dolls actually.  The new Grimm's prices are a lot more expensive though, and the clothing isn't removable.  Nest.ca ships to Australia for low prices for small packets, with good prices on Evi dress-up dolls.

Tags
Waldorf

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page