Books about form drawing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-12-2012, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I really need one with good pictures, but which one should it be? Does anyone have this one http://www.christopherushomeschool.com/Form-Drawing-For-Beginners-p/chr0007.htm? Or would you recommend something else? 

Mom to three (A & V 2004, T 2009fly-by-nursing2.gif), teacher, DIYier, Waldorf enthusiast, declutterer, wannabe domestic goddess, a jane-of-all-trades, a dreamer

#2 of 2 Old 02-13-2012, 04:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are using the Christopherus Form Drawing book this year. It's provided all we've needed so far, but I've only used it for one child in Grade One, so we're not yet needing guidance on more complicated forms. I also can't really compare it to other books on form drawing as it's the only one I've used in practice. I've peeked at a few other ones on the shelves of other co-op members, but I haven't felt that anything else is a 'must-have'.

What I like best about Donna's work, and the form drawing book illustrates this characteristic nicely, is that she manages to present Waldorf practices which mostly arise from school settings and then helps one to interpret Steiner's ideas into practices which better fit a homeschool setting, and more specifically, your homeschool setting. With form drawing, this has meant that I have managed to make this art something that pervades our days, from observing suggested forms in nature to drawing them with a stick in the mud and amongst the clouds with our fingers, to running a form in the grass, to tracing forms on my child's back as he heads off to sleep at night. This was very liberating for me! I'd had dubious visions of sitting my kid down and solemnly teaching a Form Drawing Lesson. Now I find that, once we come to place a form in our ML book, the right tone comes naturally into the space.

Oh, I do think this book also works as well for us because I have Donna's other books, too, but glancing over it just now with an eye for review, it looks like it would stand alone, too.

Gwen , partner to D ; Mamma to T (6) , J (4) , and baby P

Tags
Waldorf

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page