Enrichment programs - overview/review? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-23-2012, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

There are several programs out there that I wouldn't exactly describe as curriculum (listing off the top of my head so I may not get them exactly right) - Waldorf Essentials/TFW, Celebrate the Rhythm of Life, Little Acorn, Waldorf Connection... I am curious how they compare. I haven't really seen any unbiased reviews (ie - blogs that mention them also tend to advertise that particular program).

As far as I can tell some are activitiy-enrichment programs, some are parent-enrichment programs, and some are a little of both.

Has anyone subscribed to any of these/have any insight/feedback? Were they helpful? 

(I should mention, I decided to take the plunge with Waldorf Essentials after much deliberation (the big sale didn't hurt!) and deciding that I most needed to focus on myself & home life at the moment (I have a one year old). I did start with "You Are Your Child's First Teacher" and "Heaven on Earth" but felt I needed a little more guidance.)

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-25-2012, 09:10 AM

I joined TFW and am in love with it. I havent even got to the kid stuff yet as the Mom stuff is so wonderful and just want I needed.

*~Kelly~*
 Waldorf Mom to 9 blessings ~6 by birth and 3 by fost/adopt~

#3 of 4 Old 07-25-2012, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the feedback, Kelly - I am really glad to hear that you are enjoying TFW - hoping it is just what I need right now, too!

#4 of 4 Old 07-26-2012, 03:04 PM

I signed up for TFW about 3 months ago and it is really amazing. It comes with a lot  (form drawing intensive, planning intensive 4/5yo kindergarten lessons, I think the 6 yo kindy curriculum is coming to it soon, as much consulting as you need). Melisa also just started including one years curriculum (your grade of choice) with it and their is a TFW forum coming soon. I must say I have been very pleased with the amount and quality of the content, but I don't know how it compares to those other programs. That said, I can't remember ever hearing someone speak negatively of the program.

Wifey buddamomimg1.png to DH jammin.gif, Mama chicken3.gif to DS 8, DS 6, DD 1

homeschool.gif   lactivist.gif    h20homebirth.gif    goorganic.jpg

Tags
Waldorf

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page