Need some book opinions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-26-2012, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need your opinions. I have read Simplicity Parenting and Heaven on Earth. I had You are Your Child's First Teacher on hold at the library, but they somehow lost the copy and they said they can't guarantee it will ever be found. Is this book worth the $12.99 I would have to pay to get it on my Kindle? Or is it basically the same as the other books? I have a 2 year old so the childbirth and infancy chapters aren't relevant. Money is a little tight these days as I stay home so I am trying to think twice about what I buy. I am wanting some more inspiration for our days though. I ordered Seven Times the Sun and that should arrive this week so maybe that will provide the inspiration we need? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!
#2 of 2 Old 08-27-2012, 07:41 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

You Are Your Child's First Teacher is a good book that focuses heavily on early childhood development. I would suggest getting a used copy on Amazon (I'm seeing one for $4.50). Seven Times the Sun is great for inspiration, as is Beyond the Rainbow Bridge. You may also consider All Year Round or The Children's Year.

Tags
Waldorf

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page