How do you incorporate music into your day??? My 1 yr old loves music. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-12-2012, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I always feel bad bc I don't sing enough and know only 3 mainstream songs, wheels on the bus, itsy bitsy and twinkle twinkle lol. He dances and laughs when we sing and he beats things like a drum and dances. He has lots of jungle bells...

But I've been trying to figure out how to get more music things for him.

I have been putting my iPhone on speakers to play soothing lullabies but he actually wants to play the instrument himself.

What should I do????

What do I need?

What do you do?
#2 of 4 Old 09-13-2012, 04:02 AM

Little Tikes makes a four note piano that could be fun, and it's easy to find at big box stores.  We have that, along with a tambourine and a slide whistle.  My husband is very musical, so that fills our days pretty well, but I know not everyone is like that.  I don't know very many children's songs, so we use the book Seven Times the Sun for songs for the day to day rhythm.  It has lots of good ideas and verses, too!

Mothering an Autumn (08) , a Spring (11) , and another Autumn! (Nov. 2013)

Taking what works and leaving the rest

#3 of 4 Old 09-13-2012, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Singing to them is so nice.  I have no singing voice to speak of, but I sing to my daughter all the time and she loves it.  I go on youtube and look up kids songs to learn them since I did not know many starting out, I have checked out CDs from the library and I also make up tunes to nursery rhymes I know.  Every day she asks if we can sing a song together. 

I know a lot of people who like the melissa and doug instrument kit, or even a simple drum.

#4 of 4 Old 09-13-2012, 07:03 PM

The best way for me to incorporate music is enrolling my daughter in a mommy and me music class. We get CDs each semester and we listen to them every day at some point. My daughter learns so much from the lyrics, movement, etc. I am not creative when it comes to music so this helps me a lot!
A cheaper way I incorporate music is by having Pandora on during the day. We love the Frances England station. We also have instruments and use play silks to make music and dance.

Tags
Waldorf

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page