Anyone know where I can get the wooden stools used in kindy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-08-2012, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking for a few wooden stools, the kind used along with rocking boards etc. for gross motor play in waldorf kindergarten classrooms. Can't seem to find them via google. Used would be awesome, or even plans to build your own! But I'll shell out the dough for new if I have to. They are so versatile for creative and active play.

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 01:50 PM

I think know what you are talking about, but I can't pin down what they're called.  Are you talking about the kind that can be flipped over into a sort of table/stairs?  We have a Curvy Board, which is really great.

Open Ended Creations sells Curvy Boards, but they aren't stools, exactly. http://www.etsy.com/shop/openendedcreations

Magic Cabin has this kind of rocker board, too.  I can't get the link to copy over, though.  It's in indoor active play.

Mothering an Autumn (08) , a Spring (11) , and another Autumn! (Nov. 2013)

Taking what works and leaving the rest

Old 11-08-2012, 02:05 PM

Here is what I was thinking of.

http://www.atoygarden.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=377

Is that it? :)

Old 11-09-2012, 04:45 AM - Thread Starter

No, although those are awesome too. I did find one actually just now, but it's expensive as I'd expected. :(

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/7936943811076356712?q=wooden%20oak%20library%20stool&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=hdT&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=c3f3e5f3c724b693&bpcl=38093640&biw=1247&bih=597&tch=1&ech=1&psi=cuycUNCQM82F0QGUioD4DQ.1352461427689.3&sa=X&ei=d-ycUI2JMK3I0AH6goHgBw&ved=0CFMQ8wIwAA

I wonder if I could make it. I'm a very amatuer woodworker but it looks simple enough. Hmmm....

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

Old 11-09-2012, 05:21 AM

I bet you could. thumb.gif

Old 11-11-2012, 05:26 PM

We have these kitset stools at home: http://www.mocka.co.nz/wooden-stools-4.html (prices in NZ $). I'm not sure if they ship internationally or not. I suspect Ikea would have something similar, although they aren't an exact fit for the ones you were looking for.

New Zealander in the Maldives. Mother to my lovely Mila Arden and due March 2014 with baby number two!
Old 11-12-2012, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesmila View Post

We have these kitset stools at home: http://www.mocka.co.nz/wooden-stools-4.html (prices in NZ $). I'm not sure if they ship internationally or not. I suspect Ikea would have something similar, although they aren't an exact fit for the ones you were looking for.

OOh, IKEA is a good idea. Thanks!

Old 11-13-2012, 02:00 PM

No worries, hope you find what you're looking for! :D

New Zealander in the Maldives. Mother to my lovely Mila Arden and due March 2014 with baby number two!

Tags
Waldorf
User Tag List