Waldorf Mamas - introduce yourselves! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-15-2013, 12:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi :)  I am Kelly and am Momma to 9. Ages 23,21,19,13,11,10,8,7,and 6.

We are Waldorf homeschoolers. It has been a crazy journey but are finally coming to a place that works well for us :)

*~Kelly~*
 Waldorf Mom to 9 blessings ~6 by birth and 3 by fost/adopt~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 09:42 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Thanks earthmama!  Yes, I will probably be losing my position at work in the summer.  Ironically, I had just resolved to keep my part time position and not be pressured (by myself) to find full-time work to fund the kids' school when I was informed that my position will be changing come August.  I am basically being given the choice by my employer to either return to full time, or forfeit my position and go to on-call (with no guaranteed hours).  

So, the universe sort of solved my dilemma for me, and I'm running with it- taking it as a sign!  Scary as heck though, as I was never planning to go to zero hours at work!  

I'm pretty sure I will be nervous all summer and through the fall at my decision.  I want to homeschool and cut back on hours at work, but... change is scary.  I'm glad I have this place to come to and connect with mamas who have been down this road before!

Welcome MommyKelly!  I love the age span you got going on there with your kids!  Never a dull moment I bet wink1.gif

Old 02-15-2013, 10:07 AM

I hope the transition goes well for you!  Keep us posted, for sure. smile.gif

Mothering an Autumn (08) , a Spring (11) , and another Autumn! (Nov. 2013)

Taking what works and leaving the rest

Old 02-15-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by appalachiamama View Post

Nice to meet you!  Your little girl has my birthday!  partytime.gif

Very cool!  A good day for a birthday smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by earthmama4 View Post

Hi everyone! So glad to see you all coming out of the shadows, lol! I knew you were here. We have quite an ecclectic group here which is wonderful. Lots of different experiences and ideas to share. 

Inkandpaper -sounds like a very warm and loving environment for your daughter! What a gift of love you are giving here to so thoughtfully consider her home environment. Hope you can find a supportive community soon, I know how hard it can be to feel isolated! 

Thank you!  Yes, it would be so much nicer to have a supportive community.  We live in a very non-crunchy/mainstream area, but hopefully the next place we move will have more resources.  

It is nice to meet everyone here smile.gif

Wife to my best friend, mama to DD (6/29/12)

Old 02-16-2013, 11:52 AM

Hi everyone! I am the mom of a little girl who will be 3 in April. I stumbled across Waldorf after we sent my daughter to a Montessori daycare for a few months before I quit my job. Our experience there led me to research alternative educations. I was completely drawn to Waldorf! It is such a beautiful and inspirational way of life. We are definitely not true Waldorf, but Waldorf-inspired. Without a local Waldorf community and then dealing with the influences of family and friends and neighbors, it is tough to be as Waldorf as I would like! We do what we can though.smile.gif
Old 02-16-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllasMommy10 View Post

Hi everyone! I am the mom of a little girl who will be 3 in April. I stumbled across Waldorf after we sent my daughter to a Montessori daycare for a few months before I quit my job. Our experience there led me to research alternative educations. I was completely drawn to Waldorf! It is such a beautiful and inspirational way of life. We are definitely not true Waldorf, but Waldorf-inspired. Without a local Waldorf community and then dealing with the influences of family and friends and neighbors, it is tough to be as Waldorf as I would like! We do what we can though.smile.gif

Hey there and welcome!

Just a word of encouragement...despite what some might tell you, there is no absolute right and absolute wrong with Waldorf. Do what you feel is right doing and don't be worried about influences from the outside - as long as you keep it real with your little one, she will grow up well :) Children have this wonderful inner compass, that tells them exactly what feel real and what feels forced, so trust in that :D

Old 02-16-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrooted View Post

Hey there and welcome!

Just a word of encouragement...despite what some might tell you, there is no absolute right and absolute wrong with Waldorf. Do what you feel is right doing and don't be worried about influences from the outside - as long as you keep it real with your little one, she will grow up well smile.gif Children have this wonderful inner compass, that tells them exactly what feel real and what feels forced, so trust in that orngbiggrin.gif

Thank you! You are so right.smile.gif

Tags
Waldorf
User Tag List