Play kitchen question... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-17-2013, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have not been active on MDC since my daughter was younger but she is now 6 years old and in Kindergarten.  I am re-decorating her room, getting her a big girl bed, etc. and was wondering when do children typically stop playing with play kitchens......?  I do love imaginative play but I feel it is only used maybe once a week and we could sure use the space since she now has a twin bed instead of a toddler bed.  (btw - I do change it up and sometimes make it a store, a vet office, etc.)

Also if/when you remove the play kitchen what other imaginative type thing would you add?  A tent, reading nook, etc.

Thanks in advance.

"There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way and not starting." - Buddha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 02-17-2013, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome back!  wave.gif  My children are younger, of course, but I am always experimenting with play spaces.  Sometimes we have a market theme or a restaurant theme.  Just take it out one day when she is not at home and see what happens.  Make a reading space together.  That sounds so lovely.  Maybe a canopy like they sell from Magic Cabin.  Here are some thoughts on play spaces: http://sewliberated.typepad.com/sew_liberated/2011/08/playful-learning-thoughts-on-crafting-a-space.html

Mothering an Autumn (08) , a Spring (11) , and another Autumn! (Nov. 2013)

Taking what works and leaving the rest

Tags
Waldorf

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page