Grants for Waldorf Kids? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-03-2005, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone here have any info on where to access grant monies to help kids attend Waldorf or Waldorf inspired schools?
I am volunteering at my son's Waldorf inspired school here in NM to see if we can find any grants to help with Native American and/or Hispanic children's tuition for the school as well as grants to fund some of our classes....any ideas on where to look?
Thanks
#2 of 7 Old 02-03-2005, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Angel
Does anyone here have any info on where to access grant monies to help kids attend Waldorf or Waldorf inspired schools?
I am volunteering at my son's Waldorf inspired school here in NM to see if we can find any grants to help with Native American and/or Hispanic children's tuition for the school as well as grants to fund some of our classes....any ideas on where to look?
Thanks
I don't know of any grants that are specifically for waldorf schools. There are a few foundations that provide grants to help children attend private schools, any variety of private schools. I know there is one such foundation here in Vermont.

One place to start is a public library. The librarian can help you connect with grant resources and give you information on how to do searches. There may be a grants resource center in NM which has specialized databases on foundations and help for writing grant applications: again, there is one in Vermont. You can look, for example, for foundations that specialize in providing grants to help out particular ethnic groups, or religious sects, or ?

I'm familiar with two waldorf connected programs that provide grants to waldorf schools. Neither of them do grants to individual families for scholarships.

Good luck!
Nana
#3 of 7 Old 02-03-2005, 07:52 PM

One other thought: do have a look at the Rudolf Steiner Foundation website. They may have some programs that might help.

http://www.rsfoundation.org/index.asp?page=home.htm

Nana
#4 of 7 Old 02-03-2005, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Nana!

We do have a grants library but it is in Santa Fe and I'm about an hour and 1/2 away....just lazy I guess!!!! I really would love to find it on the internet so the little ones don't have to be drug around while momma looks at books! Maybe a trip to Santa Fe is in order though....It is really important to help others that would like to attend this school do so if money is the only stumbling block (our grant comes form our nana!)....Waldorf can be so exclusive...even in our poor little town

I'll check out the Steiner foundation and see what help they might provide!

I really appreciate your reply!!!

Any other ideas!!!
#5 of 7 Old 02-04-2005, 12:03 AM

Have you phoned the grants library? Perhaps they can help you out without you having to do the drive. Also, do try your local library and see if they can get materials from the grants library via inter-library loan. Point out the waste of precious gasoline involved in driving all that way, not to mention global warming...

Nana
#6 of 7 Old 02-04-2005, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Thats a great idea!!...I didn't think about inter library loan....would they have to be affiliated??? It would be really great though if I could just access everything through our library!
#7 of 7 Old 02-04-2005, 03:12 PM

Well, my take on it is that good librarians want to connect people to the info they need and they will go an extra distance to do so. I hope your local librarians subscribe to the same "take" and can get you where you need to go.

It is a good cause and a good project.

Nana

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page