Waldorf schools in France??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-19-2005, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are there any? And if there are, can you send an unvaccinated child?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2005, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyjcook
Are there any? And if there are, can you send an unvaccinated child?
I did a little digging for you.

Ecole Chant' Arize
Portecluse, 09350 Campagne-sur-Arize, France

Tel.: 05.61.69.85.60
Fax: 05.61.67.40.54
email: [email protected]

Can't help you on the vaccination issue, but good luck!

Lisa

Waldorf mama to 5yo b/g twins
Old 09-20-2005, 03:32 PM

Hi,

There are lots of Waldorf Schools in France. They are usually called Ecole Rudolph Steiner, and not Waldorf. My host family attended an Ecole Rudolph Steiner in Strasbourg when I was an exchange student in college. It was a pretty neat school.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:37 PM

We moved to this part of SW France to be able to send our children to a Steiner School outside of Pau (64).
(We tried out a move to the School mentioned above Chant'Arize in the Ariege (09) the year before in 2003, as we visited the school we were warned that it was on the verge of financial collapse, we avoided it and went further W to Pau and Chant'Arize did, indeed, loose teachers, pupils and recognition from the Steiner Federation in Paris.)
We love the Steiner methods BUT, it now looks as though the Steiner School near Pau (Ecole du Soleil) is also in a state of near collapse ! this time not about money, but about the Association which created it 22 years ago wishing to sell the school buildings for €1,000,000, they have asked the school to leave and find opther buildings. They are even considering 'helping' the school by moving a reduced number of pupils to a rented house (!) next to the jardin d'enfant in Jurancon - not the beautiful country setting the school is in now!
The very worst aspect of all this is the time all this disruption takes to discuss at meetings which should instead be talking about the quality of the education. Parents are consulted, but as a parent, don't expect any kind of power to change things.
Beware of ALL of the few Steiner schools in the Southern half of France, be prepared to pay to volunteer a lot of time and have no security about the future of the school. We attended a 'Fleur de Mai' open day in 2003 at Ecole du Soleil and NOBODY told us the school was being asked to leave its buildings.
Here is the link to the Steiner Federation with a discription of each French Steiner School . . .
http://www.steiner-waldorf.org/
PS You can send an unvaccinated child but you have to get a form to give to the school, I think.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:48 PM

It may depend on the school as well. I know there is one to the south of Paris and one to the East (where many English speakers are) in Le Chesney.
I only drove by the one in Le Chesney, but it looked good from the outside.

User Tag List