Mothering Forum banner

waldorf teacher training?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  leafylady 
#1 ·
Hi all, I am new to this thread - I have a 5 month old and just recently went to a waldorf school's holiday bazaar and I absolutely loved the teachers, parents and kids I met - I loved the crafts the kids were doing and I would love to send my daughter there in a few years - I am concerned about the $$ - I know it is worth it - but I am wondering If I taught there - maybe dd could go for free? Is there special teacher training that is required - or just a regular teaching degree? Or does it depend on the school?
TIA

#2 ·
Yes, free tuition is usually offered as a benefit to full time teachers in the school.

There is a teacher's training specific to Waldorf offered in various places in the US, and Waldorf schools generally prefer Waldorf trained teachers.

Of the schools I know, the so-called "class teachers" are all Waldorf trained teachers, but most schools employ special subject teachers, many of whom may have little or no Waldorf teachers' training. The special subjects teachers commonly teach the subjects such as music or foreign language.

Speaking of our own school only, I know that the Waldorf training is very important, but they look also for those who have degrees in higher education in addition to the Waldorf training.

The WaldorfWorld website has a lot of information related to Waldorf teacher's training.

Waldorfworld

#3 ·
ditto to what Linda said.

I am a subject teacher, handwork, and do not have any specific Waldorf teacher training. I do have an advanced degree in art and I work closely with the grades teachers to make sure that my teaching and curriculum work into the Waldorf guidelines and particular school personality.
I am looking into some Waldorf teacher training, but mainly some supplemental workshop style courses, not the full program.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.