FINALLY my waldorf playroom pics - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#481 of 641 Old 01-15-2009, 12:35 PM
 
catballou24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 960
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oh sarah..your space is so nice! i remember those pics too...and the pirate ship!! xi would think she was in pirate heaven if she had something like that.. very nice..

ni - thanks for the reminders on money and time with kids things. you are such a gem...:

we are getting things closer to the way we want them. we got rid of a majority of the plastic toys last year and only have 2 or 3 that are absolute favs and can't be lived without..hehe so i'm chill on those.. dh built playstands for the girls for xmas, but we are going to re-do them. he did them the night before after having been gone for 3 days hunting (he's a procrastinator), so we want to re-do the shelves and dowels...but for now they work. i'll get some pics up soon...

thanks for the gorgeous pictures already posted too!!! you ladies are awesome..

Cat - Mother to Jonathon (1-24-1987) ; Lola (3-24-2003) ; Xiola (9-27-2005) : 8 wks (4-2008) ; 11 1/2 weeks (9-2008); and 7.5 weeks (5-2010) Nana to William (3-27-2009) Blog: AmLo Farms
catballou24 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#482 of 641 Old 01-16-2009, 02:35 AM
 
mimi!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpeone View Post
Another thing that should be remember is that often when you have kids (at least in my case) you sacrifice a lot for them. And although they have beautiful playrooms, the rest of the house might not look like that.
Or yourself
Now I participated in a few Ostheimer and Speil and Holtz coops before Christmas, and I over-induldged (myself, lol) and am now in quite desperate want of a haircut. I really do have a curly mop on my head. Maybe I can squeeze that cut into next month's budget.

Jessica wool.gif  DS 7  DD 4 homeschool.gif
mimi! is offline  
#483 of 641 Old 01-16-2009, 11:55 AM
 
RollerCoasterMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: the burbs
Posts: 5,404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi! View Post
Or yourself
Now I participated in a few Ostheimer and Speil and Holtz coops before Christmas, and I over-induldged (myself, lol) and am now in quite desperate want of a haircut. I really do have a curly mop on my head. Maybe I can squeeze that cut into next month's budget.
LOL. I just cut off two feet of hair for that very reason! Stalled for too long!

BTW, where do you find out about co-ops? How do they work?
RollerCoasterMama is online now  
#484 of 641 Old 01-18-2009, 02:59 AM
 
mimi!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3901sca View Post
LOL. I just cut off two feet of hair for that very reason! Stalled for too long!

BTW, where do you find out about co-ops? How do they work?
I'll pm you

Jessica wool.gif  DS 7  DD 4 homeschool.gif
mimi! is offline  
#485 of 641 Old 01-18-2009, 03:18 AM
 
notwonamesalike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 1,092
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi! View Post
I'll pm you
Could you PM me too please?

Me:
notwonamesalike is offline  
#486 of 641 Old 01-18-2009, 03:56 AM
 
LISSA~K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 380
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OOO me too please?!!
LISSA~K is offline  
#487 of 641 Old 01-18-2009, 10:59 AM
 
KJoslyn78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Finger Lakes, NY
Posts: 1,659
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
me also please

~Kris mama to Alexis (15), Elizabeth (10), Andrew (7), and 1 angel
KJoslyn78 is offline  
#488 of 641 Old 01-18-2009, 12:07 PM
 
boatbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Afloat
Posts: 3,346
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
pm me too!

Mama to Zach 6-18-04 & Naia 10-13-10 Partner to the sweetest DH. Loving our life afloat. TV Free!
boatbaby is offline  
#489 of 641 Old 01-18-2009, 12:27 PM
 
mommabeehilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: cozy spot
Posts: 484
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oops.

: blogging about life, beauty, crafting, healing, waldorf...

mommabeehilly is offline  
#490 of 641 Old 01-19-2009, 12:37 PM
 
michelleklu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fort Drum, NY
Posts: 275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please add me to the PM list!
michelleklu is offline  
#491 of 641 Old 01-19-2009, 02:08 PM
 
luvmyrory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
me as well, please!

Rebecca, wife to a hardworking PhD student DH and mama to one sweet girl (3), four angels in heaven, and joyfully welcomed our baby boy January 2010! blog link in profile
luvmyrory is offline  
#492 of 641 Old 01-19-2009, 05:40 PM
 
sunnymw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SWGA
Posts: 2,282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi! View Post
I'll pm you
Me too?

Sunny coolshine.gif: gun toting, retired breastfeeding, car seat loving, guitar playing, home birthing and schooling mama to Jakob (10.06), Mikah (07.08) and Korah (07.11). uc.jpg 

sunnymw is offline  
#493 of 641 Old 01-19-2009, 07:13 PM
 
MamaBirdEmma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And me? Thank you!
MamaBirdEmma is offline  
#494 of 641 Old 01-20-2009, 01:11 AM
 
*theophane*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
um, me too?
thanks!!
*theophane* is offline  
#495 of 641 Old 01-20-2009, 03:00 PM
 
mimi!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mamas! thats a lot of pm's coming my way, lol
First off, I'd like to say that threesisterstoys.com pretty much has co op prices for S&H. Now the hope is is that they will still ship to the States given the new toy laws.
A lot of the coops are yahoo groups. I am not aware of them all. But you can search the yahoo groups and see what you turn up!

Jessica wool.gif  DS 7  DD 4 homeschool.gif
mimi! is offline  
#496 of 641 Old 01-22-2009, 12:47 AM
 
sunanthem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Asheville, baby!
Posts: 2,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ladies, ladies! they are listed in this thread; http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=966014

HTH!

Saamy Student mama to  superhero.gifand hearts.gifand babyf.gif

sunanthem is offline  
#497 of 641 Old 01-22-2009, 02:14 AM
 
cottontail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the tall, tall grass
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been enjoying peeking at everyone's spaces and thought I'd share ours. We are very new to Waldorf practices and are starting pretty much from scratch. The room is rather large and I oh so wanted to do a lazure or a warm peachy color but chickened out. I'll gladly take any suggestions if there are any to offer. The girls spend hardly any time in there but maybe one day that will change.

Their great grandmother got them that ebil shopping cart
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...irthday007.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...irthday006.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...irthday005.jpg

I put my youngest down for sleep until I take her upstairs with me (long story) in the pack and play and the bed is our guest bed. I'd like to one day turn the pack and play area into a doll corner (we have all the fixins!) and the bed into a drapey reading and play area.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...irthday003.jpg
cottontail is offline  
#498 of 641 Old 01-22-2009, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter
 
counterGOPI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Frontier Dreams in Oregon
Posts: 3,968
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
very sweet!! i love the pics hanging on the 'clothesline' on the wall! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

i'm hoping to do lots of lazuring in our next home. we are renting this one but will hopefully own the next.

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
counterGOPI is offline  
#499 of 641 Old 01-22-2009, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter
 
counterGOPI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Frontier Dreams in Oregon
Posts: 3,968
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMM1117 View Post
Ditto to that Nicole!!!
You need to share your playroom pics!!
It's such a wonderful space. I love it!! I envy it

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
counterGOPI is offline  
#500 of 641 Old 01-24-2009, 12:59 AM
 
RollerCoasterMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: the burbs
Posts: 5,404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontail View Post
I've been enjoying peeking at everyone's spaces and thought I'd share ours. We are very new to Waldorf practices and are starting pretty much from scratch. The room is rather large and I oh so wanted to do a lazure or a warm peachy color but chickened out. I'll gladly take any suggestions if there are any to offer. The girls spend hardly any time in there but maybe one day that will change.

Their great grandmother got them that ebil shopping cart
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...irthday007.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...irthday006.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...irthday005.jpg

I put my youngest down for sleep until I take her upstairs with me (long story) in the pack and play and the bed is our guest bed. I'd like to one day turn the pack and play area into a doll corner (we have all the fixins!) and the bed into a drapey reading and play area.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...irthday003.jpg
Ooh! Like the shopping cart! Do you have any other pictures of it? Or could point to it online? I haven't seen that one before!
RollerCoasterMama is online now  
#501 of 641 Old 01-24-2009, 01:34 AM
 
cottontail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the tall, tall grass
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3901sca View Post
Ooh! Like the shopping cart! Do you have any other pictures of it? Or could point to it online? I haven't seen that one before!
Are you referring to the wooden stroller? Or that blue one? That blue one is a tacky Wal-Mart one (brand stickers removed) that the girls received for Christmas.

The wooden stroller came from a wonderful and inexpensive ebay seller--http://cgi.ebay.com/WOODEN-DOLL-STRO...742.m153.l1262
We also bought a wooden crib and high chair and he combined shipping for us. I'd love to finish them out with some yummy oil or beeswax.

P.S. I'll link you to the blue one if that is what you intended.
cottontail is offline  
#502 of 641 Old 01-24-2009, 02:13 AM
 
RollerCoasterMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: the burbs
Posts: 5,404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontail View Post
Are you referring to the wooden stroller? Or that blue one? That blue one is a tacky Wal-Mart one (brand stickers removed) that the girls received for Christmas.

The wooden stroller came from a wonderful and inexpensive ebay seller--http://cgi.ebay.com/WOODEN-DOLL-STRO...742.m153.l1262
We also bought a wooden crib and high chair and he combined shipping for us. I'd love to finish them out with some yummy oil or beeswax.

P.S. I'll link you to the blue one if that is what you intended.
OOPS! You're right, I totally didn't see the blue one. I've looked at a few shopping carts and just couldn't find one that I liked + could afford, so I keep my eyes open. I was hoping your stroller was a shopping cart. Just wishful thinking! But thanks for the ebay link!
RollerCoasterMama is online now  
#503 of 641 Old 01-26-2009, 03:43 PM
 
yukookoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ca
Posts: 875
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not sure if this can be seen without a facebook account, but I just posted a photo album of our waldorfy home things thought i would post a link here too.

We have made a lot of changes lately as dh is getting so great at wood working! I am so proud of all the things he has made, and I have gotten into felting and have made a few things. Im not an artist by any means so I am very proud of the little we've been able to do haha

I am hoping to open an in home waldorf inspired early intervention program, so that is the inspiration.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/al...8523790&ref=mf
yukookoo is offline  
#504 of 641 Old 01-26-2009, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter
 
counterGOPI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Frontier Dreams in Oregon
Posts: 3,968
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i want to see!!! i dont have a face book acct though..any other way to see them :

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
counterGOPI is offline  
#505 of 641 Old 01-26-2009, 04:00 PM
 
cera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 465
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukookoo View Post
Not sure if this can be seen without a facebook account, but I just posted a photo album of our waldorfy home things thought i would post a link here too.

We have made a lot of changes lately as dh is getting so great at wood working! I am so proud of all the things he has made, and I have gotten into felting and have made a few things. Im not an artist by any means so I am very proud of the little we've been able to do haha

I am hoping to open an in home waldorf inspired early intervention program, so that is the inspiration.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/al...8523790&ref=mf

I want to see it too, I do have facebook and I can't view it.
cera is offline  
#506 of 641 Old 01-26-2009, 04:08 PM
 
yukookoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ca
Posts: 875
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
huh weird...

ok i opened a flicker account - finally haha

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34831504@N08/

added a few more
yukookoo is offline  
#507 of 641 Old 01-26-2009, 04:53 PM
 
PabloHoneySF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by counterGOPI View Post
i want to see!!! i dont have a face book acct though..any other way to see them :
dork, I KNOW you have an invitation

Marina, married to one really great guy : and mama to three magical boys- Matteo 8/05, Nico 11/06 and Luca Bean 11/08
PabloHoneySF is offline  
#508 of 641 Old 01-26-2009, 06:48 PM
 
NoliMum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grapevine, Tx
Posts: 1,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukookoo View Post
huh weird...

ok i opened a flicker account - finally haha

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34831504@N08/

added a few more
I love what you've done with the outside area. The sand area fenced in with the garden borders is genius!! And the tree stumps, I love them! I hauled a couple tree stumps to our backyard once for DD to play on, but unfortunately it was summer in TX so we spent very little time playing out there. Now we're in an apartment, so the stumps had to stay behind.

Did you cover your computer desk with a play silk? I'd like to hang a curtain rod across ours and have it covered up, too. Computers and all their components are so ugly, and they really ruin the ambiance of a natural home. (But of course i couldn't live without my computer...)
NoliMum is offline  
#509 of 641 Old 01-26-2009, 06:55 PM
 
yukookoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ca
Posts: 875
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thanks, my husband hauled those stumps from down the street, when they cut down a tree in our neighborhood I was very proud of him.

That desk is my sewing desk and my sewing machine is covered with a playsilk, as well as the desk. It's unfinished pine though from ikea that I finished with howard's perserver. It came out really beautiful, so it's beautiful for DD from the inside. Inside is a reading area, pillow, folded up quilt and basket of books. I guess I can try to get a pic of the inside....

o the desk was 50$ i think - here found a link

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/74630209
yukookoo is offline  
#510 of 641 Old 01-26-2009, 07:25 PM
 
NoliMum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grapevine, Tx
Posts: 1,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukookoo View Post
thanks, my husband hauled those stumps from down the street, when they cut down a tree in our neighborhood I was very proud of him.

That desk is my sewing desk and my sewing machine is covered with a playsilk, as well as the desk. It's unfinished pine though from ikea that I finished with howard's perserver. It came out really beautiful, so it's beautiful for DD from the inside. Inside is a reading area, pillow, folded up quilt and basket of books. I guess I can try to get a pic of the inside....

o the desk was 50$ i think - here found a link

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/74630209
Oh, I meant this picture. Though I do like that she has a little hidden area under the sewing desk, too.
NoliMum is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off