FINALLY my waldorf playroom pics - Page 22 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#631 of 641 Old 01-03-2011, 01:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So great and inspiring. I visit this thread often! Thanks!

#632 of 641 Old 01-03-2011, 02:05 PM

wow, love the barn! Having one made by Jalu Toys on Etsy that is similar. I took all the positive and negative comments re: all the barns out there, mixed them with my own thoughts/feelings and came up with something I think will be great. Yours is similar...great minds and all that! Thanks for sharing the pics.

#633 of 641 Old 01-03-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akingme View Post

wow, love the barn! Having one made by Jalu Toys on Etsy that is similar. I took all the positive and negative comments re: all the barns out there, mixed them with my own thoughts/feelings and came up with something I think will be great. Yours is similar...great minds and all that! Thanks for sharing the pics.

MUST know more about the barn Jalu is making for you. Would you mind sharing pics and approx price? We LOVE their work and we're on the hunt for a barn

Mama to Zach 6-18-04 & Naia 10-13-10 Partner to the sweetest DH. Loving our life afloat. TV Free!
#634 of 641 Old 01-04-2011, 10:16 AM

Eric is finishing it up today!!!! Im so excited!! Two of my friends are already waiting for him to make them one, too. Found him after a long search for the PEFECT barn..I obsessively read all the posts re: barns/stables on that thread, more than once...and I decided what I liked, didn't like about all of them...I loved the openess of the Elves and Angels barn, but it had way too many stables and not enough floor space for animals to stand. I liked all the light, but also realized that I would never be able to put that barn against a wall....The smaller Kinderkram/waldorf type barns were too short, too dark and too small.  And had too many stables for their size. The one without stables inside looked more like a house to me. The very fancy multi colored, plywood Ostheimer  or is it  spielholz barn was a bit too whimsical for me (though gorgeous) but also looked too storybook for me, if that makes sense....and it, too, was dark and I felt the access for my son would be difficult. I even looked at stables from Breyer etc. I have mostly OStheimer/Kinderkram and Buntspechte animals so the scale on the more commercial wooden barns on Amazon might not have worked. Plus I did want to try and have it simple and open=ended....went back and forth on red vs. plain wood.  But the Jalu one has the roofline of a true American barn, pitched etc. and I really liked that. 

Anyway, long story even longer, I liked the small stable and chicken coop that Eric from Jalu made. I searched his sold pics, found a barn and then emailed him about changing things....I added a door, made it longer, moved the stalls around etc. etc. He was great to work with, was planning on making some of the changes to his design anyway and now Im just waiting.....should get it by Monday...cannot wait.

And I WILL post pics here and on the barn thread, if I can find it again!

Happy New Year,

Andrea

#635 of 641 Old 02-26-2011, 09:21 AM

If anyone has a Kinderkram Snow Queen figurine they'd be willing to sell to me, used or new, or knows where to get one (as they are discontinued) please let me know!

Thank you!!!

Andrea

#636 of 641 Old 06-23-2011, 09:27 PM

love the tie dyed silks, where can I get them!? Great room! 

Also, where are the flowered alphabet cards from???

Great beautiful room.

#637 of 641 Old 06-23-2011, 09:28 PM

Lenas Mom:

love the tie dyed silks, where can I get them!? Great room! 

Also, where are the flowered alphabet cards from???

Great beautiful room.

#638 of 641 Old 06-23-2011, 09:35 PM

GOPI  great room, where do I get the play stand silks with clouds and grass?

#639 of 641 Old 06-30-2011, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

The alphabet cards are from eeboo and the canopy silk was from a seller on E-Bay. I can't find them on there anymore, though :( Sorry!

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#640 of 641 Old 06-25-2014, 05:00 AM

Where are those wood cash registers from that some of you have?
#641 of 641 Old 06-26-2014, 09:16 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Wooden Wagon, Plan Toys, and Magic Cabin carry them.

We had one for awhile but it didn't hold our kids' interest. We ended up getting the Pottery Barn one which they love. Very low key for an electronic version and a lot of fun. They have enjoyed a wooden abacus.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page