Kinder Lyre - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 11-02-2007, 03:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am looking at getting a Kinder Lyre/harp to play and introduce to my 18 month old, and am wondering if anyone can provide me with any resources about the reasoning of why there should not be a soundbox that resonates the musical tone. I think this would grow to add to storytelling, as she gets older (because of their amazing resonance), and was looking at Harps of Lorien (who Waldorf uses to make their Kinder Lyre kits) and trying to decide between the Little Minstrel or the Kinder Lyre, and I thought since they are both pentatonic and make beautiful music, what would the harm be, but cannot find any further insight on this in my research. Although, I did come to learn in You are Your Child's First Teacher that it is best to stay away from percussion instruments at a young age, for a similar reason, and so decided against the Pentatonic Glockenspiel for that reason, and chose a lyre instead, but I am really leaning towards one with a more resonating sound and wondered which would be more beneficial at this point. I haven't had a chance to hear either and so am pressuming that there is not alot of resonance or substance to the Kinder Lyre as oppossed to one with a soundbox, but I could be wrong, or in fact that may very well be the logic behind the benefit of introducing a more simple, gentler lyre to the still "incarnating" child.

Music teachers, especially, and anyone else who can provide any feedback, is greatly appreciated!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page