felt animal patterns, help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-14-2007, 05:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i'm looking to make the ds some 3d felt animals by sewing sheet felt (not stabbing a ball) i'm having a really hard time finding patterns. anyone know where i can find some? i would love to just buy a book full of animal patterns but anything will help. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 11-14-2007, 08:37 PM

I don't know FOR SURE, if they're in these as most of the patterns I've done are from class hand-outs, but here are some books I've seen around that I think may have what you are looking for:

Wee Felt Folk (might just be figurines):
http://www.amazon.com/Felt-Wee-Folk-...5079678&sr=8-1

Feltcraft:
http://www.amazon.com/Feltcraft-Maki...5079678&sr=8-2

Do you have a Waldorf school near you with a store? If so, you might want to call and see if they have these (or others) so you can look inside of them to see if they contain the patterns you want.
#3 of 5 Old 11-15-2007, 07:36 PM

I have Feltcraft and have used it's patterns to make animals, I think it will definitely get you started. The book The Nature Corner also has some animals.

Just so you know Feltcraft includes patterns for: duck, swan, seal, bird, butterflies, snail, cat, mouse, dogs, horse, rooster. As well as felt dolls, gnomes, and finger puppets.

The Nature Corner has; hares, sheep, lambs, mouse, as well as flower children and gnomes made from felt.

Felt Wee Folk is more focused on the wire form folk dressed in felt clothes, and lots of great 2d felt projects. I don't think there are any free standing creatures made with felt.
#4 of 5 Old 11-16-2007, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melamama View Post
I have Feltcraft and have used it's patterns to make animals, I think it will definitely get you started. The book The Nature Corner also has some animals.

Just so you know Feltcraft includes patterns for: duck, swan, seal, bird, butterflies, snail, cat, mouse, dogs, horse, rooster. As well as felt dolls, gnomes, and finger puppets.

The Nature Corner has; hares, sheep, lambs, mouse, as well as flower children and gnomes made from felt.

Felt Wee Folk is more focused on the wire form folk dressed in felt clothes, and lots of great 2d felt projects. I don't think there are any free standing creatures made with felt.
Thanks so much for sharing your insight on the contents of these books and how they differ from one another! I was just wondering which is the better book, and your description put me in the right direction. Thanks!
#5 of 5 Old 11-17-2007, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the info. i've just ordered feltcraft and nature corner. can't wait to get them and get started!!

User Tag List