5 year old boy birthday party ideas - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-06-2008, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi all!
I'm looking for some ideas on a waldorf birthday party ideas. I'd love to get the Birthday book, but its a bit pricey. I tried searching the waldorf forums for this, but came up with nothing although I'm sure its been discussed here before!
Any help would be appreciated

Jessica wool.gif  DS 7  DD 4 homeschool.gif
#2 of 4 Old 04-06-2008, 05:53 PM

Well, I don't know if our party is going to be strictly "Waldorf' but, my daughter is turning 5 soon and we are a Waldorf family.

So what we are doing is...

A garden party. It's a 3 hour afternoon party in a local garden. I will ask parents to please bring picnic blankets as lunch will be a picnic which I will lay out on tables buffet style.
When the kids arrive they'll be given a clay pot to paint. When dry it will go into their goody bag with a packet of seeds. We'll do a bug hunt with the kids searching for bugs/fairies/gnomes that I will have hidden all around the garden. They will collect them in jars which will go home with them along with a little magnifying glass.
Other than the food, couple of games and maybe a big silk parachute to play with, I am looking into a story teller with a acoustic guitar who will play folk music during eating and tell a little story to wind up.

I am ordering little cotton bags for the pot and bug jar and will also include a bag of marbles and a packet of Tinti (http://www.myriadonline.co.uk/bath-time.php) as well as a couple of sweets to take home. I found some beautiful all natural flower shaped lollipops.

Personally, I am not keen on competitive games for kids this age so I'm sticking with activities that stimulate imagination where everyone wins. I also don't think they need too much structure but I do like to have a quiet beginning (painting) and a quiet wind up (story).
#3 of 4 Old 04-06-2008, 06:14 PM

I read on Mothering one issue this great idea of passing a candle around and asking children to give the birthday child a wish. This sort of takes emphasis off the gift giving if you will.
#4 of 4 Old 04-06-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewytch View Post
I read on Mothering one issue this great idea of passing a candle around and asking children to give the birthday child a wish. This sort of takes emphasis off the gift giving if you will.
That's lovely. I am trying to find a creative way to get my daughter to forgo the gift giving part of the party.

I just wanted to post again with some additional ideas...

-Gnome/Fairy grotto
-Treasure hunt, nature or otherwise
-Storytelling, have kids come dressed as their favorite fairytale character
-Paint/dye playsilks
-Cooking/baking party

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page