ISO:Wooden Dollhouse - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 84 Old 04-22-2009, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaUK View Post
Just wanted to say that I have just bought a family of Evi dolls from Quiet Hours toys and had them shipped over to the UK. They were quite pricey per doll but they are absolutely stunningly well made. My LO loves them. So we got the dressable ones and in the near future I will be buying the pajamas for them. I could only afford two at a time but when the first two arrived I was so happy with them that I got on and ordered the rest of the family right away.
http://www.quiethourstoys.com/produc...oducts_id=1020

(i asked for the mum in the red dress and jacket though like she is wearing in the blonde family, i prefered it!) So I had a mum, dad, and girl in brunette and another girl in blonde, to match out family!

I am buying the Spiel and Holtz furniture to go with it (haven't decided which pieces yet) and am also getting this:
http://www.myriadonline.co.uk/produc...0House%20Frame

we had a beautiful wooden dolls house but it just wasn't working out, my LO simply wasn't playing with it at all, yet she plays with all her other toys. So i figured, for us this might work a bit better as she can move it around into any nooks and crannies and set up her own little world. I hope so any way. I am going to out the furniture, frame and evi dolls in a large , very shallow, wicker basket and it can sit on her toys shelf and she can pull it out when she wants it. Now I am looking for a little navy play silk with stars on it so she can drape it over the top if she wants to look like the sky!
If you haven't got it yet, you might want to crunch the numbers. I don't know what he'd charge to ship it but we've loved ever ordered from this guy: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=20628495 (We have a wood kitchen and ironing board set from him---he tends to be very reasonable compared to the commercial places!)
#62 of 84 Old 04-22-2009, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaUK View Post
]

we had a beautiful wooden dolls house but it just wasn't working out, my LO simply wasn't playing with it at all, yet she plays with all her other toys. So i figured, for us this might work a bit better as she can move it around into any nooks and crannies and set up her own little world. I hope so any way. I am going to out the furniture, frame and evi dolls in a large , very shallow, wicker basket and it can sit on her toys shelf and she can pull it out when she wants it. Now I am looking for a little navy play silk with stars on it so she can drape it over the top if she wants to look like the sky!
I actually think it's better to not have the furniture set up in the same place all the time. We keep ours in a basket and the boys set up the house different ways (though I'm frightened that they may have picked up on my HGTV obsession. We have the Drewart dollhouse which is too small for all the furniture to be set up at once, but it's interesting to see what the boys put together... like did you know that you can poop right in the living room ?

Marina, married to one really great guy : and mama to three magical boys- Matteo 8/05, Nico 11/06 and Luca Bean 11/08
#63 of 84 Old 04-22-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloHoneySF View Post
I actually think it's better to not have the furniture set up in the same place all the time. We keep ours in a basket and the boys set up the house different ways (though I'm frightened that they may have picked up on my HGTV obsession. We have the Drewart dollhouse which is too small for all the furniture to be set up at once, but it's interesting to see what the boys put together... like did you know that you can poop right in the living room ?
Oh, I never thought about it that way. I'm so OCD about some things - and even more black and white as a kid - I would have worked hard to force EVERYTHING in at the same time. It makes sense to let them rearrange however their fancy strikes.

Hmmm...my main complaint about the Drewart one was that not everything would fit at once. Because I really like that the doors close! I was planning on keeping it in the living/dining room to play with and it would be calmer to have the doors closed when not being used.

Back to thinking!
#64 of 84 Old 07-09-2009, 08:30 PM

hi there, I am new, I am so totally obsessed with the dollhouse issue, anyone out there willing to join me?

I loved the Drewart, have it in hand,. but it's not big enough. I love Seri's for the size, but hate the pine.

So, I found a carpenter on Craigslist, and just met with him. He's going to make me one in Alder (same wood as used by drewart), with the style of the Drewart (curvy lines, windows, smaller stairs, etc), no front doors ( i hate moving parts) but with dimensions of Seri's. All this for less than $300. Once I get this done, I"m going to post here so you all can see.

Does anyone know where to join/how to join an MDC co op to purchase large quantities of Spiel Holz furniture at discount? I would love to know!!!! please help!
#65 of 84 Old 07-09-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelanl View Post
hi there, I am new, I am so totally obsessed with the dollhouse issue, anyone out there willing to join me?

I loved the Drewart, have it in hand,. but it's not big enough. I love Seri's for the size, but hate the pine.

So, I found a carpenter on Craigslist, and just met with him. He's going to make me one in Alder (same wood as used by drewart), with the style of the Drewart (curvy lines, windows, smaller stairs, etc), no front doors ( i hate moving parts) but with dimensions of Seri's. All this for less than $300. Once I get this done, I"m going to post here so you all can see.

Does anyone know where to join/how to join an MDC co op to purchase large quantities of Spiel Holz furniture at discount? I would love to know!!!! please help!
OH wow! That will be beautiful!
#66 of 84 Old 07-10-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:

How nice about the dollhouse. We're currently having my grandfather make one for dd. I originally thought I wanted one like the Drewart that would open/close but then I felt that wouldn't be as good within our small living space, so we're having grandad build one that will essentially resemble a 3-foot-high book shelf with a roof, so that it will fit flush against the wall. I wanted it tall and open so dd would have an easier time using it (she's only 3.5). I love the idea of putting the furniture in a basket so kids can make their own arrangements. It's hard for the perfectionist in me to "let go" and not set it up the way I want--but my dh keeps reminding me that these aren't MY toys, LOL!

Allison:  a little bit Waldorf, a little bit Medievalish, and always"MOMMMMYYYY!" to sweet Cecily since 12.22.05
#67 of 84 Old 07-10-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxPerpetua View Post
It's hard for the perfectionist in me to "let go" and not set it up the way I want--but my dh keeps reminding me that these aren't MY toys, LOL!
This is what "cleaning up" is for after the kids go to bed. If DH looks at you funny for arranging the dollhouse, tell him that you're setting the scene for her to discover in the morning and be inspired to play! :P

I'm not going to commit 100% but I think I'm going to try and build a dollhouse this weekend. To get the windows I want, we'll need one more tool. Luckilly, it's DH's birthday on Monday and we've got a big gift card from Home Depot for returning some stuff without a receipt! I've already told him that once we have two separate homes, we're going to need a custody share arrangments for the tools too. :P I'm going to do a trial run with cardboard, but I think I know what I want to do. Lord knows I've spent enough time looking at them!!!! So I can just pick the elements of each that I like and hope that my newbie wood skills can pull this off.
#68 of 84 Old 07-10-2009, 10:12 PM

Good luck! We found a dollhouse at the thrift store ($13) and DD and I are working on it together--I sanded and re-oiled the wood, and she primed and painted the roof (it was too thin to try and strip all the paint off, so we're repainting it a nature-y green.)
#69 of 84 Old 07-12-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:

Would you happen to have on craigslist now btw? I think I just saw it yesterday

Love the idea of having someone make it in the bigger size!

Marina, married to one really great guy : and mama to three magical boys- Matteo 8/05, Nico 11/06 and Luca Bean 11/08
#70 of 84 Old 07-13-2009, 01:02 AM

THIS ONE is definitely my style!: http://www.quiethourstoys.com/produc...oducts_id=1214

I am also crazy in love w/ this one: http://www.filolog.com/images/Tree_House_back.jpg

So, yanno, if I were a billionaire, Id have everything picked out, lol (more pix: http://www.filolog.com/wood.html )

I really do also love this one, but I do NOT love the price tag (it is so small for such a price!): http://www.blueberryforest.com/doll-...rs-cottage.htm And I, of course, love Anna's house, but I think it would be way too big. Thankfully, I have more years to think about this whole doll house thing

jumpers.gif

DD (4.25.08)  DD (4.23.10)  DD (10.13.12)

#71 of 84 Old 07-13-2009, 01:32 AM

I found my almost perfect dollhouse...only it's no longer in production. *sigh*
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30975615@N08/3707960260/

Sooooo...we're going to get brave and try it. I made a cardboard mock-up, and I'm very happy with it! It's in the background here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3097561...n/photostream/
(clearly a little worse for wear after 24 hours with a 2 year old, but I really like the scale) Now it comes down to: will the husband make it, or will I?
#72 of 84 Old 07-13-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3901sca View Post

Sooooo...we're going to get brave and try it. I made a cardboard mock-up, and I'm very happy with it! It's in the background here:
(clearly a little worse for wear after 24 hours with a 2 year old, but I really like the scale) Now it comes down to: will the husband make it, or will I?
i've already been commenting buti can't wait to see!

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#73 of 84 Old 07-13-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3901sca View Post

I just love the kinderkram pieces: the dollhouse, the farm house, the castle pieces and the farmhouse. Good luck building and we look forward to seeing some pics.
#74 of 84 Old 07-13-2009, 04:41 PM

Build it and then sell me one! It's adorable!

jumpers.gif

DD (4.25.08)  DD (4.23.10)  DD (10.13.12)

#75 of 84 Old 07-13-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogretro View Post
build it and then sell me one! It's adorable!
#76 of 84 Old 07-23-2009, 02:54 AM

I think I've got you all beat in the dollhouse obsession department. I must say I have two boys then a girl. My girl has inspired me to do things differently in the toy dept. I never believed in spending $$$$ on wood toys before...but to watch her play, she is only 18 months old; but has always been thoughtful, creative, pensive, and inquisitive in her play. Unlike my boys, who just love the loud, the colorful, the noise. Probably my fault, but I just couldn't do it all over again...in pink. we live in a cute 1200 sq foot house (which I do love) but I see everything in my face all day long (i.e. the toys). When I unloaded my Step 2 kitchen for the camden rose kitchen, I was sold. It made such a big difference in providing peaceful, soft, quiet, natural toys. And I dont' consider myself natural at all--I place epidurals and I had three myself, ha ha. But ladies I am sold, I am feverously reading blogs on raising my kids naturally (thank you Soule mama and pablo honey to name a couple), and I don't think it's too late! my kids are all under 4 1/2 and it brings me so much joy to see and hear them make their own noises with a wooden kitchen than the battery ones. I never gave them the chance to be themselves and in touch. I never stood a chance with Target in my face and Amazon. Thank you ladies for just being there and providing a forum for this part of parenting. I'd have never known.....So here I am , far as can be from my own stereotype, talking about dollhouses. In my search, i couldnt' believe how ugly and loud they were. what happened to quiet , simple and solid? Only the Drewart made sense...but why is it so stinking small? So yes! I am the one on craigslist (what a small world). I'm not trying too hard to unload the house as I do love it (a fairy house maybe with the kathe kruse dolls?)---because we are at gramma's in SF a whole lot..and rather than offend her peace with loud plastic in her living room....if I can't unload it , then it'll go to her house....in that sense I do love that the doors close....now, whether I can afford a second set of furniture for the house at gramma's is another issue, as in no, I cannot!
Does anyone have Seri's house and use the Spiel Holz furniture? For some reason it just looks like it's too big. is it possible that SH furniture just doesn't heed the 1:12 scale and maybe it's like a German interpretation of scale? Yet another reason I looked into a carpenter to help me build one...I'd need a house big enough for the furniture to fit...because unlike most of you, I have no restraint, and darn it, i want to play with those stinking cute evi dolls in my family assortment (when I win the lotto and can purchase them).
#77 of 84 Old 07-23-2009, 09:38 AM

lelanl so glad to hear of all you are doing!!

i have no clue about the seri's dollhouse and the s&h furniture. it fits really well in our kinderkram dollhouse:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21034989@N07/3631049092/ (that pic shows on table and chairs set by plan toys. we got that for free so it kinda still hangs around. it's going to disappear soon though )
bad pic of it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21034989@N07/2863794889/

i am in the process of knitting and sewing for the dollhouse too. some rugs,blankets, ect.

question for everyone: do you 'decorate' your doll houses for seasons? my waldorf teacher friend said to decorate the dollhouse for halloween, x-mas ect and i haven't gotten around to it but would love to see/hear what ppl do.

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#78 of 84 Old 07-23-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterGOPI View Post
question for everyone: do you 'decorate' your doll houses for seasons? my waldorf teacher friend said to decorate the dollhouse for halloween, x-mas ect and i haven't gotten around to it but would love to see/hear what ppl do.
Oh! I never thought of that! But it would be simple to make one or two small wool or fabric seasonal items and put them in for special seasons. A little pumpkin, Christmas tree, Easter basket. Just something special that only comes out at those times! I *like* it.

Now I just need to get some quality time to make my dollhouse so I can do it. OOps! I mean Walker's dollhouse. :P (ps. my name-change went through if you didn't recognize me! Just avoiding extreme google-ability!)
#79 of 84 Old 11-13-2009, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Is it this one? or more rustic?

http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/toy...ry-home-039532

Ms. QsMama and Zuzu822- Sorry! Was just trying to help *sheepish smile*
Digging up this older thread to say -- I was looking for the more rustic version of this. Like a "real tree" rounded gnome tree trunk house... anyone know? I thought I remembered seeing it at A Toy Garden, but no luck.

Mama to Zach 6-18-04 & Naia 10-13-10 Partner to the sweetest DH. Loving our life afloat. TV Free!
#80 of 84 Old 11-13-2009, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatbaby View Post
Digging up this older thread to say -- I was looking for the more rustic version of this. Like a "real tree" rounded gnome tree trunk house... anyone know? I thought I remembered seeing it at A Toy Garden, but no luck.
Are you talking about this one? I found the picture attached to a link to A Toy Garden (which is where I bought one years ago) but it's no longer there when you click the link. I'm pretty sure our local toy store carries it though but I don't know offhand the brand. I'm sure someone here can help, if this is what you're looking for.

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#81 of 84 Old 11-13-2009, 10:52 AM

2+Twins - that's the one! Thank you! I will email the photo to Sonya and see what she says. She's been really kind about giving sources for items that she doesn't carry any longer in the past. I will post if I find out anything.
Thanks!

Mama to Zach 6-18-04 & Naia 10-13-10 Partner to the sweetest DH. Loving our life afloat. TV Free!
#82 of 84 Old 11-13-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2+twins View Post
Are you talking about this one? I found the picture attached to a link to A Toy Garden (which is where I bought one years ago) but it's no longer there when you click the link. I'm pretty sure our local toy store carries it though but I don't know offhand the brand. I'm sure someone here can help, if this is what you're looking for.
ummm, 2+ twins...

there's a toy store locally that carries those kind of toys? Care to share the name... we may have to go check it out (and see you )

sorry to go OT...

#83 of 84 Old 11-13-2009, 02:04 PM

That house is made by Treeblocks. You can purchase it on their website here.
#84 of 84 Old 11-13-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
ummm, 2+ twins...

there's a toy store locally that carries those kind of toys? Care to share the name... we may have to go check it out (and see you )

sorry to go OT...
It's Early Work Toy Station. They're alright - not real Waldorfy but they do carry some stuff like that. Have you ever been to Earth Child in Sebastopol? That store was fantastic but it was recently scaled down (they literally walled off more than half of their space) due to the economy and has new owners. Still the most flat out Waldorf-oriented toy store I've been to IRL though.

And yes, you do need to come out & see me!

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page