ISO:Wooden Dollhouse - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 84 Old 09-13-2008, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you absolutely LOVE your child's wooden dollhouse? Where did you buy it?
Just looking ahead to the holidays...

Thanks,
Lydia
#2 of 84 Old 09-13-2008, 04:30 PM

Love our Kinderkram Dollhouse! It's got beautiful lines and is incredibly well made. It's the only dollhouse that can withstand my 2 boys.

http://www.novanatural.com/s.nl/it.A...&category=4853

I actually bought it on craigslist. I'm in the SF Bay Area and the past month I've seen them posted a few times.

Marina, married to one really great guy : and mama to three magical boys- Matteo 8/05, Nico 11/06 and Luca Bean 11/08
#3 of 84 Old 09-13-2008, 06:14 PM

: we have that one too and adore it! dd climbs on it like a monkey too

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#4 of 84 Old 09-13-2008, 10:41 PM

We love our Sarah's Dollhouse !!

http://www.willowtoys.com/catalog.ph...3Fcategory%3D2

It was reasonably priced, quickly sent out, and smelled wonderful!
#5 of 84 Old 09-13-2008, 10:51 PM

Our school has this Elves and Angels one, and both my DSs love it. DH is making his version of it for our DSs for Christmas.
#6 of 84 Old 09-14-2008, 01:02 AM

I've finally convinced DH to make one similar to the Kinderkram dollhouse.
It does look sturdy and I love how open it is on both sides!
#7 of 84 Old 09-16-2008, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter

What beautiful houses! Keep 'em comin', ladies.

I'm being particular about this purchase because while we do love Lucy's Kitchen from Nova Natural, our friends bought a different one that I had never heard of before (don't know the name though), and I have to admit that a felt a twinge of regret for not holding out longer in the research process.
#8 of 84 Old 09-16-2008, 12:28 PM
mlh

Some of those doll houses are beautiful! We got ours from a local toy store..I can't remember the brand (I think Melissa and Doug), but it is very basic and affordable. I got it for dd for her 2nd xmas (she was almost 2) and she still plays with it at 4 1/2. You will be so happy with whatever you choose...it's a great gift.

: Hip Mountain Mama Natural and unique products from a small family business:Blog
Mama to Magnolia and Sienna Raynebow
#9 of 84 Old 09-16-2008, 12:50 PM

We got ours at Land Of Nod - thanks to a gift certificate. It has great wooden furniture and my girls 3 & 4 love it!
#10 of 84 Old 09-16-2008, 01:12 PM

Plan Toys and Ryan's Room also make some basic, natural wood dollhouses. They aren't particularly Waldorfy per se, but are an economical alternative to the Kinderkram or Elves and Angels ones.
#11 of 84 Old 09-17-2008, 02:08 AM - Thread Starter

Does anyone have this Tree Blocks Treehouse? Thoughts?

Thanks,
Lydia
#12 of 84 Old 09-17-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrunchyMama View Post
Do anyone have this Tree Blocks Treehouse? Thoughts?

Thanks,
Lydia
I don't but my good friend does and *I* think it's pretty great! I had wanted to get one for my girls but it would have been too much (we already had a castle and pirate ship - I didn't want to go way overboard).

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#13 of 84 Old 09-17-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrunchyMama View Post
Do anyone have this Tree Blocks Treehouse? Thoughts?

Thanks,
Lydia
I'm embarrassed to say that I have that one too . It was like a gorgeous piece of art when I had it set up! I think it's a little too fragile and complicated for my boys yet so I have it put away for them to play with when they're a little older.

Marina, married to one really great guy : and mama to three magical boys- Matteo 8/05, Nico 11/06 and Luca Bean 11/08
#14 of 84 Old 09-18-2008, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2+twins View Post
I don't but my good friend does and *I* think it's pretty great! I had wanted to get one for my girls but it would have been too much (we already had a castle and pirate ship - I didn't want to go way overboard).
Awesome cuz I just ordered it online. I saw that it was out-of-stock until Xmas at many online retailers, and I managed to find a couple that still have it on-hand. So I jumped at the opportunity.
#15 of 84 Old 09-18-2008, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloHoneySF View Post
I'm embarrassed to say that I have that one too . It was like a gorgeous piece of art when I had it set up! I think it's a little too fragile and complicated for my boys yet so I have it put away for them to play with when they're a little older.
Uh, oh. Hmm...how old are you boys? I think our daughter could handle being gentle with it, but I'm not so sure about her peers (who are 2-3 years old). I'm also a little concerned with how our subsequent (not yet conceived) children will handle it, but obviously it didn't keep me from buying it.

Thanks for the heads-up on its fragility though. Good to know.
#16 of 84 Old 09-18-2008, 01:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
BTW...how big are your dolls and furniture? I'm trying to figure out what size/scale would work well for this treehouse.

Thanks,
Lydia
#17 of 84 Old 09-18-2008, 02:30 AM

My oldest just turned three and it's mainly his younger brother who is 22 months who I'm pretty sure would try to take it apart. It really isn't that fragile- it is pretty sturdy, but nothing is safe right now with my littlest godzilla.

I didn't buy any furniture or dolls for the treehouse since we use the Kinderkram house more, but here is some furniture that Tree blocks makes to go with the treehouse:

http://www.threesisterstoys.com/p-52...furniture.aspx

The treehouse also came with small wooden gnomes. The scale of the treehouse seemed much smaller than most other dollhouses.

I thought about getting these:

http://www.seasonsnaturaltoys.com/se...ure-set/Detail

It's a great choice you made for your daughter! I'm looking forward to being able to set it up again so the boys can play with the different configurations the house can do. Please let us know how you decide to accessorize it- it'll be fun to see!

#18 of 84 Old 09-18-2008, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
it is pretty sturdy, but nothing is safe right now with my littlest godzilla.
Good to know.

Quote:
here is some furniture that Tree blocks makes to go with the treehouse:

http://www.threesisterstoys.com/p-52...furniture.aspx
Yeah, I've seen this paired with the treehouses as add-ons. As silly as it sounds, they're too rustic looking for me. The treehouse is rustic enough, ya know?

Quote:
The treehouse also came with small wooden gnomes. The scale of the treehouse seemed much smaller than most other dollhouses.
I'm bummed that I didn't look carefully enough, that some online stores include the gnomes with the treehouse for the same price. Doh! For now, our daughter can play with some dwarves I made last year. They're quite crude/simple and don't have limbs and such, just a puffy cape with a puffy hood on top.

Quote:
Now THIS is what I'm talking about. It's got clean lines but still very much in the same spirit as the treehouse. Wow! Thank you for sharing! I've been searching the web quite unsuccessfully for something as nice as these. I wonder how the scale/size would work in the house.

Quote:
Please let us know how you decide to accessorize it- it'll be fun to see!
Absolutely! :-)
#19 of 84 Old 09-18-2008, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
OMG! I just looked at the other furniture they sell. I'm in love. : Thank you again for sharing this link!
#20 of 84 Old 10-18-2008, 06:49 PM

Old thread, but...does anyone have elves and angel's Anna's dollhouse? I'm trying to figure out the dimensions, the ones listed don't make sense. THanks! http://www.kidbean.com/elves-and-ang...dollhouse.html

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#21 of 84 Old 10-19-2008, 02:45 AM

i am smitten by the dollhouses at quiet hours.
#22 of 84 Old 10-19-2008, 05:04 AM

Quote:
I didn't buy any furniture or dolls for the treehouse since we use the Kinderkram house more, but here is some furniture that Tree blocks makes to go with the treehouse:
which Kinderkram dollhouse do you have? I'd be interested to see! Have you got a link?

A UK Waldorf blogging mama!
#23 of 84 Old 10-19-2008, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.QsMama View Post
i am smitten by the dollhouses at quiet hours.
Me too! I love the Drewart houses. We just ordered the Holztiger Farmhouse for our boys, but if we ever have a daughter I'm going straight for the Drewart!

Mama to my beautiful boys born 6/29/06, 7/29/08, & 11/09/10.
#24 of 84 Old 10-19-2008, 06:55 AM

why did i look at that link?!!?! I am dying to find the Holzkram farmhouse and stable! anyone know where it is instock for xmas????
#25 of 84 Old 10-19-2008, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatelynsMomma View Post
why did i look at that link?!!?! I am dying to find the Holzkram farmhouse and stable! anyone know where it is instock for xmas????
I hope you find it. I didn't have luck...I gave up and went another way when I read this: http://quiethourstoys.wordpress.com/...lzkram-update/

ETA: I think The Wooden Wagon had the farmhouse, but not the one with the attached stable.

#26 of 84 Old 10-19-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatelynsMomma View Post
i'm sorry! such a tease, right?

i haven't had any luck either. my dh however, is pretty talented when it comes to wood working and i'm a fairly crafty gal, so we decided to use the the holzkram and ostheimer style farmhouses as inspiration to make our own. (i think between the two of us, it'll come out nicely. i'm really excited about getting started. ) there is just no way i can justify spending $340+ on the only style that is in stock.
#27 of 84 Old 10-19-2008, 04:53 PM

Quote:
i'm sorry! such a tease, right?

i haven't had any luck either. my dh however, is pretty talented when it comes to wood working and i'm a fairly crafty gal, so we decided to use the the holzkram and ostheimer style farmhouses as inspiration to make our own. (i think between the two of us, it'll come out nicely. i'm really excited about getting started. ) there is just no way i can justify spending $340+ on the only style that is in stock.
Oh, please share pictures once you get it done! We were going to do the same thing, then DH got a funding from work to help build his pipe organ in our living room and he agreed we could buy the farmhouse so he could concentrate on building his organ. Good trade! We agonized for MONTHS before choosing ours. I love the size, but not the colors. Sorry...off on a tangent!

#28 of 84 Old 10-19-2008, 05:49 PM

MamaUK- We had this Kinderkram dollhouse:

http://www.blueberryforest.com/doll-...-dollhouse.htm

I actually ended up selling it to get the Drewart dollhouse at Quiet Hours Toys

http://www.quiethourstoys.com/produc...oducts_id=1114

I loved the Kinderkram house, but I think it needs to be able to sit in the middle of a room or away from a wall to be fully appreciated (with the 2 sided openings) and we don't really have the space for that. There was something very whimsical about the Drewart that touched me and I'm pretty excited for it to get here, though I do feel pangs of longing for the Kinderkram.

#29 of 84 Old 10-19-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu822 View Post
Oh, please share pictures once you get it done! We were going to do the same thing, then DH got a funding from work to help build his pipe organ in our living room and he agreed we could buy the farmhouse so he could concentrate on building his organ. Good trade! We agonized for MONTHS before choosing ours. I love the size, but not the colors. Sorry...off on a tangent!
oh definitely! we're actually going to do a bit of sketching tonight after the tot is in bed. which dollhouse did you choose? (if you already posted this and i missed it, sorry. )

pipe organ? in your living room? i'm completely intrigued! and he's going to build it? that's amazing to me. i would have no clue where to start! i want to see pics of that!
#30 of 84 Old 10-19-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
oh definitely! we're actually going to do a bit of sketching tonight after the tot is in bed. which dollhouse did you choose? (if you already posted this and i missed it, sorry. )

pipe organ? in your living room? i'm completely intrigued! and he's going to build it? that's amazing to me. i would have no clue where to start! i want to see pics of that!
Yeah, it's a long story. It's always been a dream to have his own pipe organ in his house. He's had one since he was 12 semi-installed in the loft of his parents' barn, but not playable. He's had a large electronic for a while but he's upgrading and converting it. I will update on that project for sure. Definitely via my blog and in TAO.

I did post which one, but on another thread possibly in the toddler forum. We went with the Holztiger farmhouse. Not as pretty, but we really like the larger size. The Ostheimer was a bit small and Holztiger maybe a tad big, but the one in between (the Holzkram) is impossible to find! That's why we were going to build it: for the in-between size and color, but obviously we decided to buy and went with size over asthetics.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page