christmas doll dilemma. Evi? Going to go for Bamboletta doll - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-21-2008, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i have two girls one 3 1/2 one 7 months and I'd like to get them a doll each for christmas. I got my youngest a Nanchen nightdress doll which i'm really happy with but I'm confused what to get my 3 1/2 year old. I was thinking about a 16" evi dress up doll. Does anybody have one of these and do they become favourites? Whats the quality like? in the new year a joy's heavy baby will be making its way into the doll corner! i would like the doll i get for christmas to become her special doll. I would really like to hear your thoughts or any other suggestions. Aside from Joy's Heavy baby i won't be buying many more dolls so I want this doll to be very special!
TIA

Update:

I've fallen in love and found the perfect doll for my LO....the Bamboletta dolls are just so so so so beautiful and I know my LO would adore it. The clothes are wonderful and they look so unique. I felt in the end that the Evi dolls weren't individual enough IMO. I can really imagine my LO falling in love with the Bamboletta dolls! I just need to try and get one before Christmas now which might be very difficult..........................

A UK Waldorf blogging mama!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 10-21-2008, 11:29 PM

My daughter, who's six, suggests a Kathe Kruse doll, because, "They're really fun for all ages." She suggests a Sweetheart Doll, because, "They can change in and out of their dresses easily."

I concur. I have nothing further to add except the link: Sweetheart doll
#3 of 9 Old 10-23-2008, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Another idea is to do a search on etsy for 16 inch Waldorf doll...there are a ton of really beautiful ones out there!!! (By specifying 16 inch, you'll filter out all of the cute little felt dolls and go straight to the big dress up dolls you're talking about.) And there's still time for custom ones probably if you found a style you liked, but not exactly the right one. Even if someone doesn't list a custom order, I bet you could email them (look for a "contact" button) and ask if they'd make one for you. I know there are at least two or three new people just getting started who'd probably be thrilled to be asked as long as you asked in time!
copperfox likes this.
#4 of 9 Old 10-23-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaUK View Post
Update:

I've fallen in love and found the perfect doll for my LO....the Bamboletta dolls are just so so so so beautiful and I know my LO would adore it. The clothes are wonderful and they look so unique. I felt in the end that the Evi dolls weren't individual enough IMO. I can really imagine my LO falling in love with the Bamboletta dolls! I just need to try and get one before Christmas now which might be very difficult..........................
Great choice! I love the Bamboletta dolls the best, there is something so sweet about them and Christina does a beautiful job at personalizing each one. You can blame the pregnancy hormones, but tears actually came to my eyes when I opened a box of the dolls she had made for us last month- they are breathtaking in person. I hope she's able to do one for you for Christmas, if not- it's such a large investment that it's worth the wait to get one from her!

Marina, married to one really great guy : and mama to three magical boys- Matteo 8/05, Nico 11/06 and Luca Bean 11/08
#5 of 9 Old 10-23-2008, 04:27 PM

Sorry...not meaning to spam...but after looking at the Bamboletta dolls, I wanted to see if the seller I was thinking of pops up in the search I recomended...she doesn't. But her faces are so similar, and they are significantly less expensive, so that might prove an option for you if you see one you already like. I love her faces...I do mine completely differently, but I think the bigger eyes and smile are so sweet!! (And this is why I'm a terrible sales person...always selling someone else's stuff!!)

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6041452
#6 of 9 Old 11-06-2008, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter

Look at my willow cot i have just ordered to go with my 14 inch Bamboletta doll for my little girl for christmas! :

http://www.englishwillowbaskets.co.u...g/info_12.html

I'm going to make a little mattress and pillow stuffed with sheeps wool aswell, I'd better get sewing!!!!!

#7 of 9 Old 11-06-2008, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloHoneySF View Post
Great choice! I love the Bamboletta dolls the best, there is something so sweet about them and Christina does a beautiful job at personalizing each one. You can blame the pregnancy hormones, but tears actually came to my eyes when I opened a box of the dolls she had made for us last month- they are breathtaking in person. I hope she's able to do one for you for Christmas, if not- it's such a large investment that it's worth the wait to get one from her!

She's such a lovely women, she is making me one in time for Christmas and sending it Express shipping from Canada to the UK. I can't wait until it arrives. I having a custom one made to look like my little girl and she is putting Crystals inside it too!

#8 of 9 Old 11-06-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaUK View Post
Look at my willow cot i have just ordered to go with my 14 inch Bamboletta doll for my little girl for christmas! :

http://www.englishwillowbaskets.co.u...g/info_12.html

I'm going to make a little mattress and pillow stuffed with sheeps wool aswell, I'd better get sewing!!!!!
The basket is beautiful! Love it!! What a wonderful gift...I know I would have loved such a special gift as a little (and not so little!) girl!
#9 of 9 Old 12-08-2013, 11:35 AM

Love love love Bamboletta-truly special dolls! My daughter received one this year and it is breathtaking. I feel so fortunate to have one and will be purchasing one from Bamboletta once I can save up enough funds!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page