Mothering Forum banner

progressive/alternative schools (charter public OR private) in KY or TN???

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  seekingpeace1 
#1 ·
my love lives near bowling green ky/nashville tn. my kids currently go to a K-8 magnet public school w/ democratic/sudbury model. i absolutely oppose moving them to any school there unless there ARE some good options...

anyone know of some???

#3 ·
There is now a Montessori elementary school in Bowling Green--in its first year, teacher seems great, very motivated, has a terrific vision, progressive atmosphere and beautiful school building and grounds. Bowling Green Elementary Montessori School.

What is the groovy school your kids attend?

#5 ·
The Montessori Elementary School (Montessori Elementary School of Bowling Green) is really your only option. There are great things about it, but also challenges as it is a relatively new school. Many parents and kids love it and others struggle with it. But there are no other options in Bowling Green. There is a Waldorf School in Nashville, but they are very committed to a very particular and strict understanding of Waldorf Education. Both Montessori and Waldorf both schools have a sense that there is a "right" way to do things. There may be other options in Nashville that I am unaware of.

We are interested in developing an alternative approach for our kids in BG, but not sure how to start since we both work full time. Feel free to send me a personal message if you want to chat more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.