Looking for a Reggio and green school in St. Louis. Help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-27-2012, 05:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We're moving to Chesterfield, MO, right outside St. Louis.  And I'm looking for a green school that also practices reggio.  My dd was in a reggio school before we moved and we loved it.  Does anyone have suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-28-2012, 05:08 AM

When we were first looking for an alternative to chain daycares for our daughter, it was tough.  It was frustrating trying to find something that wasn't overflowing with tons of toys, worksheets, and plastic chairs!   There really aren't many options out here (we live in Chesterfied too).  Almost everything is in a church and traditional or a chain. 

Luckily, there is one school that is totally perfect and reggio-inspired.  Raintree Learning Community is just a few minutes from Chesterfield.  They have a really interesting mix of reggio and green-teaching.  It's a small school and really the right size for our daughter.   We love it and it seems everyone who goes there really likes it.  My daughter's last year at Raintree is this fall, and my husband and I are really sad.  For the past few years, she's really become so creative and confident. 

I've really been involved with the school and parent committees and can help answer any questions.  You can pm me if you like.

#3 of 3 Old 06-28-2012, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter

Juneybug -

Do you know if they have full-time or do you have to go part-time?  And what about teachers?  I want a preschool that has truly educated teachers who know what my child needs and will always be available to speak with me and my husband.  I want a reggio school because a believe fully that it is the best alternative school type to help my dd expand her creative mind, but I still want real teachers who know what she needs.  Does your daughter's school have certified teachers or are they daycare teachers?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page