Mothering Forum banner

Looking for a Reggio and green school in St. Louis. Help!

908 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ksnow 
#1 ·
We're moving to Chesterfield, MO, right outside St. Louis. And I'm looking for a green school that also practices reggio. My dd was in a reggio school before we moved and we loved it. Does anyone have suggestions?

#2 ·
When we were first looking for an alternative to chain daycares for our daughter, it was tough. It was frustrating trying to find something that wasn't overflowing with tons of toys, worksheets, and plastic chairs! There really aren't many options out here (we live in Chesterfied too). Almost everything is in a church and traditional or a chain.

Luckily, there is one school that is totally perfect and reggio-inspired. Raintree Learning Community is just a few minutes from Chesterfield. They have a really interesting mix of reggio and green-teaching. It's a small school and really the right size for our daughter. We love it and it seems everyone who goes there really likes it. My daughter's last year at Raintree is this fall, and my husband and I are really sad. For the past few years, she's really become so creative and confident.

I've really been involved with the school and parent committees and can help answer any questions. You can pm me if you like.

#3 ·
Juneybug -

Do you know if they have full-time or do you have to go part-time? And what about teachers? I want a preschool that has truly educated teachers who know what my child needs and will always be available to speak with me and my husband. I want a reggio school because a believe fully that it is the best alternative school type to help my dd expand her creative mind, but I still want real teachers who know what she needs. Does your daughter's school have certified teachers or are they daycare teachers?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.