Cambridge Friends School - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-05-2005, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My husband and I are members of the Friends meeting in Cambridge, MA and we're considering sending our son to the Friends School. I'm wondering if any MDC mamas have direct or indirect experience with Cambridge Friends School or know of any other preschools in Boston with a diverse student body and emergent curriculum that promote "Quaker" values (e.g. equality, simplicity, social justice...). Thanks for your input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2005, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm not familiar with Boston area schools but wanted to suggest crossposting under the Finding your Tribes forum since you haven't gotten any hits here. My ds just started at a Friend's school in the Phila. area. I like the value system but am unpleasantly surprised by how controlling the environment is for pre-K.

Mom to unschooling 4everboy since 8/01
Old 11-06-2005, 11:29 PM

We were in Roslindale, and then moved to Orange, but our house is on the market for a few reasons. We have been homeschooling, and I have always been really into Waldorf, but am now thinking Friends would be a better fit for our children. Last year I got an application to the Cambridge Friends School, but the cost and drive from Roslindale was too much for me. But now I have been sick and really think it would be best if we moved toward putting our children into school, and we are actually looking to move closer to a place where we can put them into school. I am actually pushing for the Acton area, because we could be in driving range of the CFS, but I don't actually know that much about the school. I also know that there are 2 Quaker schools in Providence RI I want to look into. I am really interested to hear what you find about the school. I am going to be calling them tomorrow to see if I can observe the K class, and was actually just in this forum to ask about Friends Schools.
Fiona
Old 11-25-2005, 10:23 PM

I am interested in the Friend School and looking for a house in or near Ayer, too!
Old 12-06-2005, 10:20 PM

We go to a Waldorf school. I'd love to have a Friends school close enough to attend.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:12 PM

Bostonmama17:

Hi There

Three families on my daughters soccer team send there kids to the Friends school in Camb. They love it. I have never heard anyone complain or have any issues with that school. My daughter goes to the Amigos school but we were recently accepted to The Atrium School in Watertown which has a huge Jamaica Plain enrollment( I dont quite know why) I strongly suggest looking into the Atrium. It seems to be exactly what you are looking for imo.
PM me if you would like to chat more about schools in the area. I have visited almost all of the private ones in and around Camb... Fayerweather, Friends, Camb Mont, Waldorf

Tracy

User Tag List