What training should Reggio PS have? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-04-2007, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just found a pre-school/child care with a Reggio inspired curriculum. I think it is more of home run childcare center. What kind of training would qualify the care provider/teacher? This would be for my two year old son, so a standard curriculum is not too concerning for me just yet. But I'd love to start him out in a situation or school he could stay through pre-school. Should they be formally Reggio trained, or do you think having Reggio philosophy is enough?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-14-2007, 10:03 PM

Hi there

There isn't any certification process for being Reggio inspired. There are workshops and programs across the country (and in Italy) for training purposes, but I worked at a Reggio inspired school for 5 years and I think that the things that make a school "Reggio" come from the teachers and the community the school serves. It is really rooted in the community and all schools are different because of this fact. There is a focus on respect of the child and beautiful environments and materials. Like I said, though, all schools are different.

If you want to read more about the approach, this website offers some good explanations: www.reggioinspired.com

hope this helps!
#3 of 3 Old 08-15-2007, 10:45 AM

Rythym Mama - Thank you for responding to this post. I've been checking in on it - even if it wasn't mine! I love the link.

Laura - Mom to ds (10) and dd (7) "Time stands still best in moments that look suspiciously like ordinary life." Brian Andreas.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page