weekly thread: Oct 25-31 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 75 Old 10-28-2004, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks Allison - I'll ask at my next appt (next Friday).

~~Mama to DS1 6/05 and DS2 12/07~~
#62 of 75 Old 10-28-2004, 01:13 PM

I'm so happy for you ladies who have gotten to see the heartbeat! I can't wait until that's me!

Well...I still haven't gone to the doctor! I went yesterday, but they were closed. Turns out they're only open until noon on wednesdays. And now I have to wait until Friday to try to go again. Geez...Its just prolonging the anxiety about going to a doctor. The only thing I like about this doc is that they told me to just come in any time to have the bloodwork done. I like that flexability.

But while my mother and I were at the doctor's office we decided to check out the hospital that is 2 blocks from it. It is the hospital I was born in, but hadn't really seen in my adult years. So, we thought we'd go check it out. Well, we got stopped at the front desk...not alowed to go in unless you know a curently admitted patient. Geez. My mom said that when I was little she used to take me to look at the babies in the nursery. So, we thought we'd get to do that, but they wouldn't let us. If I want to go in the hospital at all before the actually labour I have to sign up for a tour. :

But when you think about it, it's good that not just anyone can go in the hospital. That will make me feel better when I'm in there. And from my research it is the best hospital for me. They have doulas. They encorage rooming in. They encourage breast feeding. Its a hospital just for women. Its much better than the giant hospitals around here.

Still no nausea here. I guess it's still too early. But my poor BBs! lol! I hugged DF yesterday and pulled away in pain because my poor BBs are so sore. But I don't mind ecause that is my main symptom right now and it makes me less worried.
#63 of 75 Old 10-28-2004, 01:51 PM

Hey Melissa, I did too. :LOL

I feel GOOD today. Odd. :LOL We closed on our house yesterday and spent some time there last night, steam cleaning the bathroom and putting away some kitchen stuff. We're moving in SLOWLY, during the rest of this week. I have to be out of my apartment by Sunday. So, thankfully, we do have some time and can kind of take it easy about the move. IF we had to do it all in one day, I might die. :LOL

The hard stuff is that I have to change our address everywhere, now. grrr.

Hope everyone else is having a good day, too!

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#64 of 75 Old 10-29-2004, 09:42 PM

I ate Taco Bell today : What's with me? Oh, that's right, I'm pregnant!

Seriously, is anyone else having really weird dreams? Ever since I became pregnant (and before I knew) I have been having bizarre, all-night, vivid dreams. I've never experienced anything like this except when I was on the nicotine patch years ago (I had really psychedelic dreams then -- they were so great I kind of wanted to stay on the patch! But I digress). Last night I dreamed of becoming a homeopathic practitioner (they said it would take me twenty years to learn how) and then that I spent the night with Howard Stern, who had short hair! I have been having a LOT of really sexual dreams, too. Please tell me I'm not alone here!
#65 of 75 Old 10-30-2004, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Wow! What a busy week! I finally had a chance to sit down this morning to look at the computer. Work has been keeping my busy. I got used to being home with the girls, but now that I'm working full time again it is hard to get everything done in the evenings with them. I'm not sure what we are going to do today other than a grocery run. I need to do some laundry too since that seems to be neglected. It gets washed, but doesn't necessarily get folded or put away.
Otherwise, still nauseated, but haven't vomited in a week so that's good. I'm getting to the tired stage.
We're telling all of the family tomorrow about our June Bug. DH is somewhat reluctant. He's enjoyed having the little secret. His sister came over yesterday and she asked him when we are going to another. He turned the tables over to her and asked her when she was going to! Oh how she is going to give us a hard time tomorrow!
Enjoy your trick-or-treating tomorrow!

Michelle

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#66 of 75 Old 10-30-2004, 12:14 PM

I finally got in to get my bloodtest done! ah...finally! I'll get the results on monday and then I can find a midwife or OB.

Meli65,
Don't feel bad...I ate taco bell too! I've been craving tacos. My theory is that they have all the food groups all wrapped into one, so they're good for me, right? lol!
#67 of 75 Old 10-30-2004, 01:43 PM

i am totally with you on the taco thing! my weakness is soft chicken tacos from taco cabana and rosa's here. with chicken, cheese, sour cream, avacado, lettuce, and tomato - what a great meal! no wonder we are craving this!

aja

Mama to Jet 6/05, Marvel 8/06 and Cash and Fox 2/09
Expecting Ada Marianne 11/14
#68 of 75 Old 10-31-2004, 02:29 AM

I had my first Dr's visit a couple of days ago and we set up my first u/s for Nov.8. Early, but we want to make sure that the baby is in the right place. It was nice to be talked to like a normal pregnant mom. Last time it was all about bleeding and tests. I'm a little nervous for the u/s. I know that it's early, I'll be in my seventh almost eighth week. I just want everything to be okay. I have no reason to doubt this pregnancy, no bad feelings or symptoms.

I bought a pregnancy journal a couple of days ago. It's so nice to write to the baby. I even find myself talking to him or her throughout the day. Still no sickness really. Maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones who never get it??

I hope that everyone else is doing well! Have a great Halloween!

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#69 of 75 Old 10-31-2004, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Dani: what pregnancy journal did you get?

Anyone else?

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#70 of 75 Old 10-31-2004, 02:00 PM

Pepper, I've been meaning to say that I think your starting a thread on dreams would be great. I've been having some very strange, intense and vivid dreams lately, but nothing about this new babe yet.

My pants are starting to feel tight, y'all. I'll be seven weeks on Tues. How am I going to keep this a secret until Thanksgiving????
#71 of 75 Old 10-31-2004, 02:40 PM

It's called Expecting You. Most of the books only had a few pages of pre-baby writing. It has how I broke the news to your father, holidays I will celebrate when I'm carrying you, current events, etc. I'll get a baby book later.

Last night I too had Taco Bell and I was nauseous all night! Oh, but it tasted good! I think that sickness that I was complaining about not having is kicking in. I learned that 5 weeks and 5 days means I'm in my 6th week. I never thought of it that way! Duh.

#72 of 75 Old 10-31-2004, 04:22 PM

Long time, no see! I haven't had a chance to check in for a few days and how nice to see all the updates from everyone.

I'm so jealous of those feeling well. I feel pretty awful. It's all day sickness and eating is becoming a challenge. I've been living on grilled cheeses and chips!

ok, check this out. I got my hcg results and everything looks great . My hcg number for 22dpo was 6371. I was charting and know exactly when I ovulated and probably know within about 6-12 hours of when egg met sperm. I checked online to see where the numbers fell and they are very high. very high. In fact, higher even then the twin numbers for 22dpo.

http://www.advancedfertility.com/earlypre.htm

(Scroll down to the orange tables) 6371 at 22dpo is even off the twins chart!

I'm also feeling really big. Much bigger than I remember last time. I simply cannot get into my pants anymore and am wearing maternity pants or sweats all the time now.

I don't have any "Twin Feelings" but just thought I would mention the high hcg levels just in case. I am now really dying to have my u/s in 3 weeks, though!

Happy Halloween to those who celebrate it! Our family can't wait to go trick or treating later!
#73 of 75 Old 10-31-2004, 08:56 PM

I am sooo tired!! How does anyone make it through work without a nap?

Pepper, congrats on the great hcg numbers! How are you feeling about twins?? Good luck!

#74 of 75 Old 11-01-2004, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

I took a 3 hr nap on Saturday. Apparently I needed it.
I think we do need the dream thread. Last night I had a dream the baby had red hair! So very cute.
We told all of our families yesterday about being pregnant. My sister figured it out right away when she saw my girls wearing identical shirts that read "I'm the big sister!" I don't think they were too suprised about us. When we were over at DH's sister's house she just laughed at us and said "You guys did have a good time in Paris!" (We were on a vacation as just the 2 of us about the time we conceived.)
Here's to hoping that at 9 weeks the ucky tummy will just move on!
Michelle

#75 of 75 Old 11-01-2004, 11:37 AM

I am so tired, too!!! I've been napping and going to bed at the same time as ds all week. I've just been in a fog lately too, with being so tired. Still feeling really yucky, all day long. The only things that help are eating and sleeping. I really didn't want to gain a lot with this pregnancy, but I need to eat a lot to function. :

We told our families this weekend too. Everyone is really excited. My mom is visiting right now so she has been a ton of help. Jack won't let me do anything right now - he has to have Nanny do EVERYTHING!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page