Weekly Thread - November 8-14 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 11-12-2004, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: Melissa!

Oh, I can relate to the Mom stuff, too. When I announced my pregnancy to my Mom she went on and on about how many grandchildren she will now have and how she can't wait to tell so and so and yadayada yada. After about 10 minutes she got around to asking me how I felt

Ok, who is the genius who mentioned Peppermint Patties? I had dh pick me some up yesterday and they are really helping with my nausea. Last night I was running the kids' bath, picking up toys, and folding laundry (..she wants to lead the Glamorous Life...singing a little old school Sheila E. there..) and I realized I was humming and cheerfully going about my business. Well, that hasn't happened in weeks because I am usually living every second trying NOT to hurl. I actually felt decent. Now, I don't know if it was because of the Peppermint Patties or maybe the worst is over (please please please) but whatever, I'll take it!

Today is a bit better, too. I'm thinking of getting some peppermint tea to sip or some other peppermint type candies. I've never tried peppermint for morning sickness so maybe this is the trick for me?

To those of you suffering horribly, it's worth a try.
#32 of 42 Old 11-12-2004, 06:54 PM

ps, monkey's mom, that rat story was awful! That would have done me in. And I haven't had a cola beverage in years but the thought of a fountain coke right now sounds heavenly.
#33 of 42 Old 11-12-2004, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mmm... Peppermint Patties ... sounds wonderful!

I got some pickled ginger yesterday at the advice of a friend with three kids, and it's nice, too.
#34 of 42 Old 11-12-2004, 11:02 PM

homemade lemonade, fresh and frozen blueberries and coke have all been my friend this week. I've had a cold and been miserable with a terrible sore throat. So I figured I deserved a coke or two at that point. (Did you know target sells those little airplane-size half cans?) I drink tea anyway, so it was mostly the sugar I was guilty about.
#35 of 42 Old 11-13-2004, 12:23 AM

: Melissa, that is hilarious!! My dh passed gas one day and our 3yr old asked what the sound was. Dh told him it was a wookie. :LOL For the longest time ds would say, "There's the wookie." every time he heard any funny noise at all.

When I told my mom I was pg with #2 she said, "Oh." And that was it. Then this time, "Really? again... well... hmmm." Uh, love ya too, lady.

I'm thinking of calling when baby is about 3 days old. :LOL
#36 of 42 Old 11-13-2004, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twouglyducks
I'm thinking of calling when baby is about 3 days old. :LOL
we debated this too!!! ugh, i dont even want to think about my mom today, im feeling too good :LOL she's a wonderful person and all and I talk to her pretty frequently but she leaves something to be desired in the support department

anyhow - peppermint patties - do you mean the hard candies or the chocolate covered ones?? i have been drinking peppermint tea and that is quite helpful at times.
#37 of 42 Old 11-13-2004, 02:18 PM

The chocolate covered ones....

So much for my short-lived feeling of decency. Last night I was on deaths door again. I am going to sleep around 9-10pm just to escape the horrid sickness. Damn, I am so ready to feel (somewhat) normal again!

On a brighter note, I swear I felt some flutters last night. I know, you're thinking it's way too early (I'm 7 wks, 5 days) But I felt my first dc at 10 weeks and my second at 8 weeks. I'm impossibly thin and tiny and I know what those flutters feel like. It lasted about 15 second as I was laying on my side/back. I was shocked! It wasn't food or gas either, I know what I felt. How amazing! I checked and the baby is about the size of a grape right now....
#38 of 42 Old 11-13-2004, 06:05 PM

here's my theory about those wacky little tickle/flutter feelings that come so early - for me, I have it for a day or two, stops then starts again later when it's clearly the baby. I think it's the placenta growing.
#39 of 42 Old 11-14-2004, 02:49 AM

Well the nausea has set in. It started yesterday and hasn't stopped yet. Nothing sounds good to eat. My dh got Taco Bell for dinner and it smells so bad! And I'm working 6 days this week!! Ughhh. Think good thoughts for me!

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#40 of 42 Old 11-14-2004, 08:18 PM

Yesterday was the first day that I actually felt human--I didn't even throw up once! I think it is the TV--last pregnancy, watching TV made me throw up, too. Yesterday I didn't watch any TV, so I'm thinking it might be the same. This will be a big drag for my movie-buff son. Or me.

I'm waiting for a neighbor to bring me some Gatorade--I'm really not doing well staying hydrated. Oy.

Have I mentioned that I hate being pregnant?
#41 of 42 Old 11-14-2004, 09:33 PM

Oh you guys make me feel so sorry for you and your moms!!! Do you need to send them over here and have my mom beat their heads in? She doesn't even want to be in the hospital while in labor. Why sit there with your ear up to the door just waiting and making the mom feel under pressure. She knew with #1 because we called to tell family we were being induced. She came over to watch #1 when we went to the hospital with #2. She's been wonderful.

I just couldn't eat peppermint patties. I just don't mix my chocolate with mint. Totally grosses me out. I have been taking a little bit of Zofran for the past few days and I finally feel alive. Tired, but alive. I'm back to working out and I can hang out with my kids in the evenings (at least until 9pm when I go to bed.) I'm going to give it a few more days and then try it without.

Michelle

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#42 of 42 Old 11-14-2004, 11:12 PM

I haven't gotten to check in all week and it's Sun. already!

Aja- I am SO thrilled to hear about your u/s!!! The pictures are awesome. I had no idea you could see so much and see the baby moving around this early!

I have an rx for an u/s for my own peace of mind if I want to go, but I haven't yet...something about bringing a toddler along...I just don't have the energy to deal with it...I'll have to wait till my appointment in 1 1/2 weeks to hear the heartbeat.

Melissa, that 'toot' story is hilarious!! I can't wait to tell my dh! "hello there" indeed!

Have a good week everyone

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page