Can anyone feel their uterus yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-16-2004, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm really starting to think my dates are off - even though I know my lmp, and had cramping the day I should ovulate (normal for me). My ms started at 4 weeks, and started tapering off at 9. I usually don't start until 6-7 (at least)weeks with ms.

But today I was lying in bed, and figured I'd try to feel for the babe again. I've thought I've felt it before, but since my uterus is tipped it's been hard to tell.

Well, it was easy to find. I can feel a hard (like tip of nose hard) "bump" at the top of my pelvic bone (right above it). THen the bump goes down, and gets smooth, then dissappers. I can feel it until about halfway between my pubic bone and belly button. With my last babe, I was 15 weeks when it was this high.

I don't think I'm wrong in what I'm feeling. It's there all the time (some of my earlier feels would move - gas bubbles ) But now I'm even more anxious for my first visit with the MW - 2 more weeks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2004, 10:47 PM

I don't know. I feel a hard bump right above my pubic bone, but then there is the csection scarring (grrr) under my skin, so it's hard to tell where that bump stops, if that makes sense.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:22 PM

I can. I could feel it at about nine weeks.. well what I thought was nine. I guess it was actually ten. I'm twelve now.

Anyways my uterus was feeling so big.. like a month ahead.. that my CNM ordered an ultrasound and it showed a uterine fibroid at the top that was causing me to feel so big, plus being a week farther along. But it feels like you described - a hard bump that's different than what's between it and my pubic bone.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:18 AM

i can feel mine for sure - have been able to ince about 8 weeks. i'm in week 11 now and it's getting higher.

aja

Mama to Jet 6/05, Marvel 8/06 and Cash and Fox 2/09
Expecting Ada Marianne 11/14
Old 11-17-2004, 12:42 AM

removed
Old 11-17-2004, 12:15 PM

I think I can - there is a hardish area above my pubic bone. By 11w, has the uterus grow over the public bone?
Old 11-18-2004, 11:38 AM

Not sure if I can really "feel" it but it's making my other organs pop out.
I remember my first two pregnancies thinking it was my uterus I was feeling and I would have my hand over it thinking "Oh it's a baby!" Nope, it's your COLON!! Full of poop!! LOL! What mine does is push things up to the surface. This started happening many weeks ago actually (I'm 8 weeks).
Still neat though because it's yet more proof something is happening in there.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:54 AM

I can't tell! Because of my previous c-section, all I can feel is scar tissue when I poke and prod down there. That's so neat for those of you who've felt it
Old 11-18-2004, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerawo
I think I can - there is a hardish area above my pubic bone. By 11w, has the uterus grow over the public bone?
Between 10 and 12 weeks is when it usually pops up past the pubic bone. That's why I'm thinking I may be farther along than my LMP says. It's definately well above it. Even if only the bigger bump I'm feeling is it, and the rest is other organs pushing their way around, it's still pretty far up for only 10 weeks.

Only 1.5 weeks until my MW visit and I can ask her!! LOL

User Tag List