moisturizer - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-27-2004, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm looking for a safe, preferably natural, non-comedeginic (sp??) moisturizer for my face. I think this pregnancy has caused a flair up of eczema (which I haven't had in a while, and never on my face) or something. I'm miserable and ugly. My oils aren't cutting it. I need something creamy, as much as I hate that. So, any suggestions? Thanks
#2 of 7 Old 11-27-2004, 08:39 PM

I use Oil of Olay Complete for sensitive skin. I like Burt's Bees Carrot Cream too but it doesn't have SPF so I use the Olay Complete instead but both are very gentle and very moisturizing.
#3 of 7 Old 11-28-2004, 12:19 AM

not very natural, but my husband has horrible exzema, and the ONLY thing out of the hundreds we have tried that works is avenno's baby lotion. it was a fluke that he tried some at a friends house after washing his hands, and the exzema on his fingers was remarkably better by evening, and now he has hardly had any flare ups since we've been buying it.

aja

Mama to Jet 6/05, Marvel 8/06 and Cash and Fox 2/09
Expecting Ada Marianne 11/14
#4 of 7 Old 11-28-2004, 02:18 AM - Thread Starter

:LOL TOo funny... the only thing I could find today (out of the tons of different unscented lotions we've bought to try on ds's eczema) was the Aveeno daily baby lotion. It's actually done really well. I've put it on about 3 or 4 times today, and i feel so much better. The redness is also fading a bit. I just don't think that the apricot seed or the grapeseed oils were absorbing as well... or something.
Glad to know this could really work. Thanks.
#5 of 7 Old 11-28-2004, 02:40 PM

awesome! we were so glad to find out about it, and now there is a tube of it in every room, in the car, in peter's backpack, in my purse. lol

aja

Mama to Jet 6/05, Marvel 8/06 and Cash and Fox 2/09
Expecting Ada Marianne 11/14
#6 of 7 Old 11-29-2004, 02:53 AM

I used to get eczema on my chin. Aveeno didn't work for me, so just in case, if for any reason you need to try something else at some point, I found skin care products by Ole Henriksen to work really well. They are all natural though a little pricey. You might find some on ebay or you can go to ole's website. I will try to put some links:

http://www.olehenriksen.com/product_...p?Product_ID=2 (this is the cleanser that I used)

http://www.olehenriksen.com/product_...?Product_ID=12

http://www.olehenriksen.com/product_...?Product_ID=13

A little pricey, but for some reason after using these products, it never came back (knock on wood)! If the Aveeno works, I would stick with that, but just thought you might want a back up plan. I know how painful and embarassing eczema can be (I used to look like I had a dark red goatee with flakey skin : )
#7 of 7 Old 11-29-2004, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Woah, those are pricey.... but thanks for the links. I hope it doesn't come to that though. I don't quite have a goatee, but it's on both sides of my chin and next to my nose on both sides. Ick.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page