February 21-27 How's everyone doing? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 02-21-2005, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ugh Ugh Ugh.

I swear I am the clumsiest creature on two legs these days. And my brain's not at full capacity, either, so that doesn't help.

DH drives a pickup truck; a Ford F250, one of the larger type ones. He has a cap on the back/bed of the truck. I went to put something in the bed yesterday, and tried to open the tailgate, which of course, won't open till you open the window on the cap (I hope you guys can picture this, because otherwise, I just sound like a ranting loon. Which is nothing new for me, but still)

So, I reached up to open the window of the cap, without relatching the tailgate, because I'm the biggest moron EVER, and as soon as the window started to raise up, the tailgate came smashing down, RIGHT ON THE SIDE OF MY BELLY!

I was worried for a couple minutes but then the baby started moving around as usual, and I just have a bit of soreness on my side. I'd say my pride is more wounded than anything else.

We've been joking around that when this baby pops out, the first thing he/she's gonna do is PUNCH the dog in the FACE, because my dog really irritates the baby. :LOL He just won't leave my belly alone, loves to lay down with his head resting on my belly and such. And the baby delights in decking him from inside. :LOL

Now, we say the first thing that baby's gonna do is punch the dog, the second thing baby does will be to give me a good smack upside the head.

In other news, BH contractions suck. In case you were wondering.

It struck me the other day that I"m really not going to be pregnant much longer. And I am so going to miss feeling this way. I'm really going to miss feeling my baby rolling around and punching and kicking and fluttering about. I'm also going to miss everyone telling me how GOOD I look :LOL

We ran into DH's cousin, who had a baby via C-section two months ago, yesterday, and she asked me how far along I was. I said "6 months" and she about died. "OH MY G-D! You do NOT look that far along! Ma! Remember when I was 6 months? I was out to HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE" Her mother, for the record, agreed vehemently. :LOL

Hope everyone else is as giggly as I am today.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#2 of 21 Old 02-21-2005, 01:25 PM

Hehe, you sound pretty chipper SharonAnne

It's a gorgeous day here! It's only ten and it's already 60 degrees outside, and sunny! So springlike. I love it.

BH contractions... I don't have very many of them, or very frequently. I just thought they were baby doing something weird... but then I got the sensation when I went from sitting on the couch to the computer and then read about them and realized the feeling and the circumstances fit, yep, BH, that's what those are.

My nipples started leaking over the weekend!! It kind of... oh I dunno how to say it, startled me? Shook me up? Things are getting serious, gearing up towards having a baby, my breasts are working, baby is old enough to survive outside the womb... It's almost March!! How did we get here so fast?

*sigh*
#3 of 21 Old 02-21-2005, 02:49 PM

Hi mamas!

I'm at 22 weeks and having a MUCH needed week off from teaching sophomores the beauty of a well-referenced research paper.....
My mom and I are hitting the consignment sales this week! I swear, Georgia has so many of these things. there are 20 going on next weekend alone! one starts wednesday and it has like 800 some-odd sellers. I am too excited!!!

Feeling the fluttering off and on. Its such an amazing feeling. And my husband and i were realizing that June really *isn't* that far off. In about 4 months we'll be seeing our little girl for the first time........... wow!

Sara

Writer, teacher, and mama to Rhiannon Morningstar 6/28/05
#4 of 21 Old 02-21-2005, 02:53 PM

This is a funny stage. On one hand, I don't wanna be pg much longer b/c I"m already so uncomfortable at times. But on the other hand, I am so not ready. I'm not ready physically, emotionally, whatever... just can't believe I've only got 3-4 months left. Then I think, "THREE MORE MONTHS?!?!?! No way!!" :LOL I can't make up my mind how I feel. I am going to have 3 kids. Three!!! That's a 50% increase. Better than last time I guess, when we doubled. I am totally babbling.. probably incoherent.

My nipples leak occassionally. Usually when I'm leaning forward with no bra. It's annoying. I seem to make tons of milk and have an over-abundent letdown, so leaking gets really old, really fast. With my first, before I read about it and did some things to reduce my supply, I was leaking EVERYwhere. It was awful, he'd nurse on one side, the other side would just be pouring milk all over... soaking a hand towel, or a gerber prefold (thank goodness I have plenty of REAL prefolds this time). My sheets had to be changed all of the time b/c they smelled like old milk. Glad I'm more prepared for that sort of thing now. I'm getting either a plastic sheet or a wool mattress pad for under the reg. sheets... I'll be sure to have plenty of waterproof pads for right under babe and I, too. No fun waking up soaked every night.

Not to sound too whiny... I absolutely can not wait to nurse this baby. I LOVE breastfeeding!! I love the first time they latch on... it feels so awesome. K... kids think they need to eat, better feed 'em.
#5 of 21 Old 02-22-2005, 12:23 AM

My sciatic is giving me trouble, but it was my fault for standing too long in the kitchen and then I sat in the bathroom while each girl took their own bath. The lid to the toilet is quite hard. Maybe I need to get one of those shag carpet-like toilet lid covers!
I love seeing my belly jump with some of the baby movements. It's just so amazing.
I'm at 25 weeks tonight. Next Monday I take my glucola. I've been hitting the tums every once in a while for the heartburn.
Otherwise not too much going on other than last week I was having such a hard time spelling.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#6 of 21 Old 02-22-2005, 12:51 AM

http://www.siouxvalley.org/VirtualTo...Tour/Index.cfm

this should get you to where you can actually see the hospital that I will be at.

June seems so far away, but yet way too close!!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#7 of 21 Old 02-22-2005, 10:10 AM

Those hospital rooms look really nice, mclisa... Our hospital is new and nice but not that family-birth oriented, sadly. I haven't even seen the rooms, but they're private at least!! We're going to a tour/class to check it all out in early April.

Davina, I'm with you on the ready/not ready to be done thing. I'm ready to end the uncomfortableness, I'm ready to meet baby, but I still need to get some things in order, mentally and otherwise, and also I want to make the most of these last months with it just being me and dh in our family. We've been together two and a half years and I've wanted to have his kids since I laid eyes on him but now I find myself wishing for more time, probably because I don't know what parenting will do to our relationship... *sigh*

I'm pretty emotional this morning:\ Someone's infertility story got me tearing up and now this has me sniffling!!
#8 of 21 Old 02-22-2005, 12:41 PM

I knew there must have been a reason why I cleaned my bathroom and vacuumed the whole house the other day.
I forgot all about my midwife appt!!!
She called yesterday around 4 and said she was on her way. I was like "Oh yeah!!! Sure, come on over!!" I knew it was this week but don't usually schedule on Mondays because my son has preschool, but since she's been coming in the late afternoons anyway I think that's why I did that.
So this appt was very uneventful. I always feel kind of dumb when she asks if I have concerns and I say no.... Because I really don't. The last couple of times we spent more time because I was asking her about placentas getting stuck to scars and things like that. And with a midwife one thing usually leads to another because they always have a story to tell. I love that So we end up talking. We've even talked about the boards at babycenter/ivillage lol.. (i just posted something about that too lmao!).
But this visit really didn't last more than 15 minutes I don't think.
But status quo. I love to compare things though and I have my chart page from both of my pregnancies prior to this one where it lists fundal height, bp, heart rate, etc. I'm literally on track with each one, isn't that amazing? If I were seeing the same ob, in about 4 weeks I could expect the macrosomic baby pep talk.
My cats have been going bonkers with me. I can't figure it out except that they must know I'm pregnant. They didn't do this last time but this time they are ALL OVER ME. One of my cats hardly ever comes downstairs and now he's down here most of the time. The other is always in my face and I sometimes have to hold him like a baby if I'm watching t.v.
And this isn't very nice, but I realized while wiping my 4 year old's butt the other day that I'd be cleaning the poo of 6 individuals once the baby is born. I say six including dh because I'm the one who cleans the toilets so technically it's his too even if it's microscopic. Alright, who am I kidding??? LOL!!!! So we have 2 cats, myself, my son, my husband, and the baby. Six.
Oh and a new drink that I love. We went to the Indian buffet this weekend and I finally decided to get a mango lassi. Everyone always gets one with their meals. I wondered what the fuss was about even though I know I love mangoes more than anything. Usually when you put fruit into a recipe or a drink it's just different so I never bothered. But my son wanted to try it too so that was it. I got it. And man was it GOOD. I told dh that would be my labor drink. Depending on who makes it I think it's just mango, yogurt, and maybe sugar? It was very thick and didn't seperate or anything. Really wonderful. So try it if you haven't already.
Anyway, I'll shut up for now
Take care,
Karen
#9 of 21 Old 02-23-2005, 12:08 AM

MMmm ... mango lassi. I have a total sweet tooth lately -- my latest indulgence was Goldberg's Peanut Chews.

The baby has been so active lately. Last night we went to a home birth meeting with a panel of five couples who'd had home births, and of course they were all sitting up their, variously nursing their adorable babies, and my little one was squirming all over the place! Dh finally got to feel it.

And today on the way home from grocery shopping "You Can Call Me Al" was on the radio and the baby got up and boogied to that too! Awfully cute.

I am so jealous of all you Southerners -- today it snowed again
#10 of 21 Old 02-23-2005, 10:58 AM

I'm so tired!

One night last week I had 10 really great hours of sleep. Friday night I just tossed and turned and had nightmares! It's either too warm or too cold and DH steals all the covers. Nothing disturbs his sleep. :

According to FF I'm about to hit my 3rd trimester. I can't wait. I haven't had a difficult pregnancy at all. I just want to meet my bean and : . (just had to use that smilie)

Is anyone else impatient?

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
#11 of 21 Old 02-23-2005, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

I'm not impatient, Amy, but I think it's because it just hit me that nine months is SUCH a short amount of time. :LOL I'm definitely looking forward to meeting my little June Bug, but a part of me is a bit sad, too, because I so love feeling my baby in there. It's an odd way to feel.

Now, that being said, one thing I will not miss is the pain in my abs. :LOL I swear, if I move to quickly, or in a way contrary to where they want to go, they cramp up and HURT, a LOT! This morning I nearly killed myself getting out of bed!

Moving right along, I am doing something about my incessant lower back pain; chiropractor today at 2:30 My friend swears it's the greatest thing in the world. I'm seriously looking forward to it, and I hope he can help with my lower back. I can crack it myself, just by squeezing my legs together in a seated position. Isn't that WEIRD?! :LOL

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#12 of 21 Old 02-23-2005, 11:43 AM

Sharron-anne, I see a chiro every 1-2 weeks. It is supposed to help with fetal positioning, which can make for an easier delivery. Good luck. I go at 4 today. It's been 2 weeks and I'm READY. :LOL Trying to stretch my 20 covered visits for the year.

I also need to start doing daily exercises for this diastasis recti. It's pretty bad. I am having a HBAC and have an anterior placenta and the seperated muscles. So, that's 2 things pushing me towards a malposition, that's NOT something that I want to deal with. My first was posterior/ascynlictic (can NOT spell that, he was crookedy) and had a pretty big head. So, it's possible to push 'em out that way, but I'd really rather not do that again. Anyway... kids are entirely too quiet .. better run.
#13 of 21 Old 02-23-2005, 02:33 PM

Hi Mamas, I haven't been posting here very consistently. I'll try to do better!

I am loving this new smilie :

Anyhow, all is well here. I am 23 weeks and really enjoying life and this pregnancy. It is great fun to watch my tummy jump around and feel the baby all the time. I'm finally sleeping well , it only took three pillows plus a king size comforter folded in fourths for me to sleep on top of. dh and I call it my nest :LOL

Someone had asked about pain management during labor in the last thread so I thought I would share what helped me with dd's birth. First of all we took Bradley classes which dh and I loved and I feel like they really prepared us. It was great knowing exactly what to expect with each stage, being able to visualize what my body was doing and recognizing the emotional signposts. The best part was the water though, I was in the tub for hours and planning a water birth this time. No one is talking me into getting out this time!! (now if i decide on my own to get out, that's okay)

I really love my midwife, although im not so sure about her assistants. we'll see about that as it gets closer, as i don't have any qualms about NOT inviting them (and my midwife knows this too) I feel really...hmm what's the word? This time around I'm really keeping everything between dh and I. It feels much more private and personal this time I guess. I wish I had what it takes to go UC.

Sharon Anne, we are calling the baby June Bug too

Well I guess that's all from here for now.
#14 of 21 Old 02-23-2005, 06:40 PM

Things are going very uneventful over here. I'm 26 weeks this week, and had my midwife appt this afternoon. My little boy kept kicking at the doppler wand, so it took her a minute to get to the heartbeat, but he's measuring great, has a perfect little heartbeat, and is basically growing just as he should. I've been feeling some pretty annoying round ligament pain, but that's par for the course.

I've got my yoga class tonight, so I'm looking forward to that--I always feel great after practicing. I might have mentioned it already, but I am spending a TON of time in the pool at the gym--seriously my favorite place to be!! I skipped yesterday, because I was really exhausted, but I'm going tomorrow night and looking very forward to it.

That's about it around here!
Edit....grrrrr.... on the news right now, they're doing a story about how the government is pushing for MORE newborn genetic testing--29 tests for rare problems. And apparently half of these have very high false positives. Greeeaaaaaaaat.
#15 of 21 Old 02-24-2005, 12:23 PM

I saw the story about genetic testing. Really scary stuff. They mentioned the PKU test and the bad effects of false positives. Time to educate myself!

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
#16 of 21 Old 02-24-2005, 06:35 PM

This morning was another prenatal appointment, which dh almost did not get to attend cause his work coverage didn't show. *grrrr* But luckily it got worked out and I didn't have to go alone, and he didn't have to miss out on the u/s.

I only gained one pound since last time and she said my uterus was growing beautifully!

Baby was verrrrry active during the u/s, which was just a quick one to check on the heart and peek at the sex again, heart was beating strong and clear and she is apparently still a girl! She was head down this time and we got to see her little face better.

She encouraged us to take a childbirth class as we're wanting a natural birth, dh and I had previously just decided to do the bradley method on our own... but the more i think about it the more I realize that, with my appalling lack of self discipline, it would be a better idea to actually take the class, we're far more likely to actually do the exercises and stuff if a teacher tells us too than if we're on our own. So I called the local midwifery school and their last session just ended and another will be starting soon but she didn't have dates yet, I'm supposed to get a call back when they know... I think it'll be $100 bucks but it might've gone up.

We'll be having prenatal visits every two weeks now until the last month, when it goes up to weekly... next time is the glucola test. Hopefully I will pass with flying colors and not have to mess with the three hour test.

I guess next week starts the third trimester for me? Or ends the second one? Whichever it is, HOLY MACKEREL!!!
#17 of 21 Old 02-24-2005, 08:57 PM

Hi Ladies,

Just checking in to say hello. We had our u/s last week and all is well with baby. I was SO very relieved that I didn't get a peek at anything (although I did notice the word "FEMALE" on the screen but assumed that it meant me...the patient..). Baby is measuring big which isn't a surprise since my babies are all on the big side at 9+ lbs.

I have a cold again and went to the dr. to make sure I didn't have strep since I never really got rid of my sore throat--I nearly freaked when she said my blood pressure was 90/40. Have you ever heard of such a low bp??? I was a bit dehydrated so I'm making another renewed effort to drink more water. No wonder I get so winded just walking up our stairs.

Pregnancy-wise I'm doing great! Baby is moving around tons now and I get those wonderful thumps and bumps constantly throughout the day. I those! I can feel that the really hard part is coming soon so I'm enjoying the 2nd trimester as much as I can.

almostfey, I think you will really like the Bradley classes. We did Lamaze during our 1st pregnancy but I wouldn't recommend it--it didn't help me much. My doula loaned us the Bradley book last time and I truly loved it. I learned so much about labor--for me it was all about the emotional signposts - even though I didn't have the typical labor pattern my emotional signposts were right on depending on what stage I was in.

ok, children need me--gotta run.
#18 of 21 Old 02-24-2005, 11:06 PM

Pepper, I have very low blood pressure normally, as well. When I was pregnant with my daughter, it was 80/20 at one point--I had a tendancy to pass out a lot towards the end of my 2nd trimester, no matter how much or what I ate. It passed, though!
#19 of 21 Old 02-25-2005, 12:24 AM

I will second the props for Bradley -- we loved it! I like knowing a lot about things, and you learn a LOT about pregnancy and birth there. For example, when I said "I can't do this!" during my labor, I thought to myself, "Oh, I must be in transition" which was a calming thought (I have heard from other mothers that they wished they knew this at the time).
#20 of 21 Old 02-27-2005, 02:46 PM

I've also had low bp during all of the pregnancies. Usually 80-90/40-50's. The hormones dilate the blood vessels (hence all of those blue veins on your abdomen and breasts, hemorroids, and vericose veins.)

I also like the new smiley: : Gotta use it while I can! these next few months are going to fly by.

Michelle

#21 of 21 Old 02-27-2005, 09:32 PM

It's been a super busy week for me trying to get back in the swing of things after being sick last week and the week before.

I have another appt with my midwife next week and should find out when they want to do my next u/s to check my placenta to see if it's moved up.

I'm feeling pretty good but my heartburn is already starting to get to me like it did with my first 2 pg. I sure didn't miss that!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page