round ligament pain? groin pain? What is it!? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-21-2005, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am in the worst pain!!! The best way I can describe as to where it is would be where my leg stops at the top. I hesitate to say the groin, but I guess that's what it is. It feels like I've been moving boxes for two weeks, like I've strained something. Is this ligament pain or what?
This came on last week I believe... I feel it mostly when I stand up from sitting or sit down from standing or of course when I have to bend down and pick up some microscopic toy that fell underneath of somewhere.
Any stretches or exercises that anyone knows of that can be done to relieve or prevent this?
My midwife is supposed to be visiting today so I'll ask her too and pass along what she says if she has any advice.
I just can't believe I'm only 26 weeks and having this pain. It seems kind of unusual but I guess every pregnancy is different. That or I'm a very old 30 year old.
Take care ladies!
Karen
#2 of 3 Old 03-21-2005, 05:52 PM

Sounds like the SPD or joint pain. Your pelvis is two seperate bones connected by a strong ligament in the middle. (May not be technically correct, but you'll get the idea lol) During pregnancy, the relaxin allows that ligament to soften and stretch more than it normally would. So, your hip bones aren't lined up right or they're stretched apart or they just move "wrong". It's good that it happens though, otherwise it wouldn't be as easy to push a baby out.
http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/
There is a great page on this site about SPD. Under pregnancy discomforts I believe.
#3 of 3 Old 03-21-2005, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Davina
Here's the exact link in case anyone else is experiencing the same thing (I'm sure they are)
http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/pubicpain.htm
I think it's time to get my butt to a chiropractor (no pun intended!).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page