April 18 - 24 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 59 Old 04-20-2005, 07:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've noticed I'm a little bit more tired, but I've definitely noticed I'm a lot crabbier- my fuse is shorter.
Anyone else going earlier than 40 weeks? Regardless of whether I have a section or go vaginal, it will be at 38 weeks because of the gestational diabetes. I will be 32 weeks on Friday, so I guess that makes 6 weeks left for me.
I have another ultrasound scheduled for this Friday as well so I will find out how the little gal is doing and if the placenta moved up at all. I'm hoping they will have a better idea which way I am headed after that. As of now, it's still completely up in the air.
#32 of 59 Old 04-20-2005, 01:00 PM
mcs

ok,hello.
I have been reading along with you all since about 14 weeks and finally, today, I have the nerve to sign myself up. I am due with a baby girl on June 10th and her name will be Eisa Green (unless, of course, she is a he or if at the birth we see that she needs another name.) She will be our first. I am 32 weeks right now, and like you all have been saying, it is "growing" so close so quickly- I can hardly fathom a reality outside of these now familiar kicks and a day dream of my pretty baby in my arms. At the same time though, I can't wait to meet and hold and -holy moly- even feed her! I have an almost obscenly fertile family and several friends with children and babies, but all live about 10 hours away- so it has been, at times, a real relief for me to be able to read your posts and see that my sleepiness or moodiness or hungriness or whatever is pretty normal. I have an appointment with my midwife this afternoon and we start our birth classes tonight. I am really excited about the classes. My husband (dh?) has been fabulous throughout the pregnancy, but has not had a lot of time to read up on what to expect. Of course I have been filling him in and he has gone to all of my appointments with me, but I think that tonight might be the start of his nervousness. I would love it! I am also excited to meet the other pregnant couples. Ok, I think that is enough for my very first post. I hope that you all are having a day as beautiful as it is here.

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#33 of 59 Old 04-20-2005, 01:57 PM

mcs, welcome!!! I noticed you're in Staten Island, we're neighbors! I'm about twenty minutes over the Outerbridge in Jersey. I used to work in SI, in fact. I love "meeting" people who live close by

What type of child birth classes are you and DH taking? My DH and I are taking a Bradley method class, which brings me to the purpose of this post....:LOL

We had our second class last night (DH's first, actually, since he was away on business for the first one) We actually watched a Lamaze tape, or parts of a Lamaze tape, I should say. Has anyone taken Lamaze here? I'd be interested in knowing your experiences with it, after watching the tape last night.

So far, I like the Bradley classes, although I do have to say that the nutritional guidlines are a bit intimidating. Last night, we discussed food quite a bit, and our instructor asked our husbands what some of our favorite foods in different food types were. SHe asked DH what my favorite dairy products were, and I cringed, because I know what was coming :LOL "Chocolate milk". Ack. :LOL

Anyone else's belly button hurting. Mine's really tender to the touch. And the shorts I'm wearing today rest right on top of the stupid thing. So, I'll not just be uncomfortable because it's like 90 degrees outside, I'll also be uncomfortable because my freaking belly button is sore :LOL

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#34 of 59 Old 04-20-2005, 03:18 PM

you know sharon-anne, my bellybutton has been hurting too! i don't really remember if that's happened before or not...
i wondered, too if it has anything to do with the fact that i have a diastasis. one of those lovely gifts i was left with after my 3rd pregnancy... i asked my ob about it, and whether it could be a problem and she kind of made a funny face, like she was trying not to just come out and say, "well, yeah!". she told me repairing it would be simple - if i had to have a c-section and she was already "in there". otherwise i'm inferring that it would be a big procedure all on its own. so i've got that going for me, which is nice

thanks for the responses to my silly question too... like i said, for some reason i am just super-paranoid about this pregnancy in some ways. i had a 2nd trimester miscarriage 6 years ago, and with each of my children's births there were more serious incidents... (ds1 had the cord around his neck, which turned out fine; dd got stuck and required the help off foreceps - ow!; and ds2 was blue and not breathing due to meconium aspiration - he had to be bagged, and then they took him away to the nicu for oxygen - i didn't see him for over 3 hours) i think i'm feeling like i'm somehow testing the odds...
i wish i could just relax...
bleh.

right now i'm in the middle of baking cookies for dd's preschool class - she is the 'v.i.p.' tomorrow... i'm trying not to eat a bunch of them - they smell soooooo good! i'm already at 31 lbs. gained and i still have around 10 weeks to go (or 12, if you believe my stupid 'revised' due date - which i don't) so i'm trying to be good... but... mmmmmmmmm... chocolate chip....
#35 of 59 Old 04-20-2005, 03:19 PM

hi
welcome mcs!

today i booked a TENS machine from the hospital, has anyone used these in lbaour before? they seem pretty popular here. As well i have asked for acupuncture, most midwives are trained, but sometimes they can be busy if there isnt alot of trained acupuncture midwives on duty, so i want a back up plan.

any other suggestions i could consider?

#36 of 59 Old 04-20-2005, 03:38 PM

I have a tens machine from a car accident I was in years ago. I'm interested to hear how it could help me during labor... I wonder if my hospital would allow me to bring one in.

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#37 of 59 Old 04-20-2005, 03:43 PM

Can someone tell me what a tens machine is?

And swedemom, for the record, your hospitals sound fabulous. Next time I get pregnant, I'm moving to Sweden! :LOL

Organic Banana; crap. I hope I don't have a diastasis. Anyone know how I know for sure? I've read that if you lie on your back and raise your head slightly, you can feel a "break" between your ab muscles. I've tried this, but I really don't know what I'm feeling for :LOL

#38 of 59 Old 04-20-2005, 04:37 PM

33 weeks, 3 days

The nesting is starting to set in. All my baby clothes are in the Dryer. I finaly got all of Alexis' warm clothes put up and took out all the 0 to 3 m stuff and washed them. Now, I need to go pull out all her tiny clothes and fold them up. All her diapers are washed, and the Kissaluvs contour and the fitteds my friend made are packed and ready. I have washed her wool, just need to put that in her bag, too. All of Alexis diapers have been washed, too. They are hanging outside to dry. Now, I just need to get this place in shape. I need to get off of here and empty the dishwasher and vacume the livingroom. I need to make sure dinner is defrosted. Oh, and get the baby clothes out of the dryer.
#39 of 59 Old 04-20-2005, 05:36 PM

I need to do the baby clothes sorting myself. Most of Sam's baby clothes are at her dad's house, so I'm thinking I'll go over Friday & do that. Different season & different gender, but hopefully there will be some stuff to pull out!
I am having a terrible time buying clothes for this little boy. My daughter was big (10+ lbs), so half of what we had for her never even fit her. I am torn between going 3-6 months for all "newborn" stuff for Cully, and kicking myself for assuming that I'll have a big baby just because Samantha was big.
I stood in front of a rack in Carter's today for about 5 minutes, with a package of different sized white onesies in each hand, and had no idea what to do :LOL
#40 of 59 Old 04-20-2005, 06:45 PM

welcome mcs mom

i can't wait for nesting to kick in! im so freakin tired this week. i have a list in my head of things I want to do and things I need to do but the energy just isn't here yet. (31weeks1day)

my mil is coming for the birth (to help with dd) and this is her house we are living in so I have a lot to do to get ready for her. Our housekeeping standards are nowhere near the same. In fact, she made me cry last summer from some comments she made and I wasn't pregnant then! (ordinarily I don't cry easily...) If we could afford it, I would love to hire someone to help me with the house cleaning right now. It's all I can do to stay on top of the dishes, laundry, and sweeping.

Anyhow...

I loved our Bradley Classes, Sharon Anne. We took them when preggo with dd. I know the dietary stuff is intimidating (as you put it) but just look at it as something to strive towards. kwim? I'm trying to follow them this time around (I saved our work book and all the pamphlets) too. i don't always hit the mark, but it's definetley a good motivation to make better choices at times. Like I'll really be wanting something that's not so great nutritionally, and I'll stop and think about it and realize if I eat a salad/baked potatoe/etc. instead that I'll be able to check off one of the little boxes

If it makes you feel any better I eat a little piece of chocolate every night

My only advice on sex is to have as much as you want/can now before our new little ones join us
#41 of 59 Old 04-20-2005, 11:51 PM

Hey all, been gone for three weeks at least, can I please just bash this pc in with a hammer?? anyway, our baby is breech or transverse most of the time, only turning head down yesterday for the first time. My midwife is skilled at breeches, so it doesn't freak me out at all to birth a breech. My pelvis is reported to be "Able to birth a 12.5 lb baby, no problem". As for weight gain, up to 25 lbs and seven weeks to go!

Sex on the bottom....makes me dizzy and nauseous, so I don't stay on the bottom. Something to look forward to after baby comes.....

I eat whatever the heck I want, and don't even think twice. Have been feeling a bit nauseous at times, blaming it on my rotten allergies and all this terrible pollen we have floating around the south here. Dd has a tummy bug for the second time this spring, and this from a kid who was never even stuffy in her nose for the first 14 months of her life!! Oy.

Nesting..I am trying so hard to refrain just yet, I know if I start washing nb clothes now, I am just gonna want to do it again in two or three weeks. I think I made myself wait til 36 weeks with #1. And I quit sleeping good too. Something about having to wake up to roll my mammoth belly to the other side............................Can I get a witness??
#42 of 59 Old 04-21-2005, 01:52 AM

I spread the word that for mothers day this year I would lOVE to have someone come in and clean my house just once to get ready for the homebirth. My mom thought it was a great idea and she said that she would chip in to have someone come weekly til the big day. Since I'm in a huge city, its pretty affordable to have a service come.

I survived the dentist and the orthodontist today. yuck.
#43 of 59 Old 04-21-2005, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamommy
I survived the dentist and the orthodontist today. yuck.
Congratulations!! I tried to have my teeth cleaned at this point when I was preggo with dd and i gagged so much I asked them to stop :
#44 of 59 Old 04-21-2005, 10:09 AM

Yeah, dental work is no fun, specially when pregnant... in the second trimester I had my teeth cleaned, it was bearable tho. I have two cavities which they said would be fine to take care of during the second trimester but I told them I'd rather wait... so I've got that to look forward to after baby, plus getting rid of these wisdom teeth..

Ugh heartburn is driving me CRAZY. I had one day where it was all day, but mostly it's just in the morning!! Seems like a weird time to get heartburn to me... Maybe because I'm sitting up after laying down all night and my stomach is more smushed? I dunno.

Off to chomp a tums...

Oh but before I do, a quick question to see if anyone has heard anything like this before... my sister, who as I have mentioned is as far along with me, has had a slew of u/s because of a large ovarian cyst and measuring ahead - she's now measuring four weeks ahead - and she had a NST this week because at the latest u/s to investigate the measuring ahead showed a little bit of excessive fluid. During the NST they heard an unexplainable sound - like a second heartbeat!! They're pretty darn sure it's not a baby because of all the u/s she's had, and her baby is measuring to be average size... what else could that sound be?
#45 of 59 Old 04-21-2005, 12:13 PM

You would think that with as good as technology is these days you wouldn't get such mysterious and vague diagnosis as "like a second heartbeat"! My sister is prego too, although she is 5 months behind me...
I know that when I was born (and I'm a twin) my mom had no idea that she was having twins. All through the pregnancy they had only picked up one heartbeat, and they didn't do routine u/s 25 years ago. We were really big babies, too, for twins, 7lb and 7.5lb, but other than it being a twin, I have no idea what that wierd sound could be!
I'm wondering, when they say a baby is "measuring ahead" are they talking about it's physical maturity, or it's weight? Like, either it's due date is wrong, or it's just really big for it's age? Hhmm. They are saying mine is ahead two weeks...
---Grace
Due 6/28 with a surprise!
#46 of 59 Old 04-21-2005, 12:51 PM

DS and I have dentist appointments tomorrow ugh
I am hoping I have no cavities, otherwise I too will have that to look forward to. Luckily my mouth is so big that I had room for all 4 of my wisdom teeth. Now that they are fully in, they don't give me any problems!
I'm not sure what the sound is they could be hearing almostfey. I'd definitely be a little worried though if I were your sister (even though it's probably nothing)- I'm such a worrywort!
#47 of 59 Old 04-21-2005, 01:08 PM

Well, her fundal height is what is measuring ahead- 38 cm at 34 weeks. The baby's size they get from plugging the measurements of the head, body, and limbs taken during the u/s into an equation, which turned out average for her baby at this point. I'm not sure if 'size' refers to weight or actual size.

She has another u/s and NST next week, I'm anxious to see if they hear it again! It's quite strange.

In other news, I have a TON of energy today, I can hardly bear to sit still, I want to be DOING stuff. I cleaned out the fridge as that's something I can do sitting down, and it was gross and really needed it. Nesting perhaps?
#48 of 59 Old 04-21-2005, 02:12 PM

Sounds a bit like nesting to me. :LOL Wish I'd get more bursts like that. Last night my youngest was up coughing every 30 min and my oldest decided 3 am was a good wake up time and stayed awake until like, 5 or 6... can't really remember. Needless to say, I am exhausted today. I never slept more than 15-20min at a stretch last night other than from about 6-730. ANd it's nasty and muggy outside, waiting on the cold front to come and bring storms. yay. Man. I am a whiner.
#49 of 59 Old 04-21-2005, 02:50 PM

yes, definatly nesting!
oh and that sounds like a hard night davina, i also had a cougher in bed with me last night, waking every 30 minutes, it gave me a 'oh my god, i will go through nighttime waking ALL OVER AGAIN' little cold sweaty i can say

im totally in to having help to clean the house, what a great mothers day idea.
#50 of 59 Old 04-21-2005, 02:56 PM

yes, definatly nesting!
oh and that sounds like a hard night davina, i also had a cougher in bed with me last night, waking every 30 minutes, it gave me a 'oh my god, i will go through nighttime waking ALL OVER AGAIN' little cold sweaty i can say

im totally in to having help to clean the house, what a great mothers day idea
#51 of 59 Old 04-22-2005, 09:05 PM

This week's visit with my CNM went well once again! No weight gain, no change to cervix, bp, urine, and baby's heart rate were all great! Still measuring 35 weeks, so just half a week ahead now.

She said that with my cervix having not progressed in the past few weeks it is looking more likely that I'll go to my due date - hooray! I was kinda worried all this weeks activities had stirred things up but nope. I'll feel less guilty now about not staying constantly on the couch
#52 of 59 Old 04-23-2005, 12:35 AM

That is awesome news, 'Fey!!!

I checked my cervix in the shower this week (NO idea why) and it was rreeeeally soft. Still high and post. so I couldn't check dilation, but I don't think it was open at all. I just thought they were supposed to stay firm for a bit longer. I just don't want to go before 40 weeks this time (PLease, remind me of this in a few weeks :LOL) b/c I don't feel ready yet. I am about 34 weeks now. Oh man!!! That is SOOO close!!!
#53 of 59 Old 04-23-2005, 11:02 AM

Just realized I'm at 31 weeks....

To quote the Talking Heads: How did I get here?

Hehe... well i know the mechanics, but where did time go??????

Writer, teacher, and mama to Rhiannon Morningstar 6/28/05
#54 of 59 Old 04-23-2005, 12:23 PM

sharon-anne - at this stage of pregnancy, it's really hard to tell if you have a diastasis... you'll probably have to wait until your 6wk postpartum checkup to tell. (sorry : - i know it sucks...)
but, yup, the whole lay-on-your-back-and-raise-your-head-slightly thing is one of the easiest ways to tell. you'd just feel a bulge in between your left and right ab muscles. right now, all we have is a bulge there, so good luck self-diagnosing at this point... :LOL

oh gad what a day... i have to take ds to a birthday party that goes from 2-4 across town, which means the little ones will have to ride along, and we'll have to find something to do for 2 hours... then my bil and sil's wedding reception is tonight on the opposite end of town at 6. ok, that's not exactly accurate... it's actually 20 miles north of here in a totally different town. which is even better. bleh.
and i think dd might be getting sick again - i'm starting to wonder if her immune system just isn't functioning or something... she seems to be getting sick almost weekly lately. nothing serious, just all kinds of viral bugs. d@mn preschool germs.
i'm tired just thinking about today...
hope you all are relaxing more than me this weekend!!!
#55 of 59 Old 04-24-2005, 12:36 PM

OB, thanks for the info. Guess I'll find out about that diastasis in a few months :LOL

Your weekend sounds like mine; yesterday I was SUPPOSED to be going to a ten year old's birthday party, but as it turns out, DH had to work and I figured I'd rather nap than go myself. So, yesterday turned out okee dokee.

Today I have to go to a Christening; that I still haven't gotten a card or present for :LOL I am such a procrastinator. I swear, my picture is next to the word in the dictionary.

I had an amazing burst of energy friday night,and briefly debated using it to go to a friend's shindig; then decided my home needed my energy way more than I needed to hit another shindig this weekend :LOL So, I cleaned my little heart out and ended up wrenching my left shoulder and straining the right side of my lower back.

Now I look like the hunchback of Somerset, NJ. Sigh.

At least this hunchback has a clean house :LOL

#56 of 59 Old 04-24-2005, 01:19 PM

I had a nesting burst last night, too. I cleaned my bedroom and rearranged the little things. SO much more open now, which is good, since there needs to be room for a pool AND people in there. :LOL Now I just need to make curtains, buy a new toilet seat, finish buying birth supplies (still putting that off b/c of all the time I have : ), wash ALLLL the clothes and diapers, find some old blankets and sheets, etc etc etc. The list goes on. I am tired today, though. I was up until 1am cleaning my room b/c I didn't start until dh left for work at 11. Wish I'd get those bursts of cleaning energy in, say, the kitchen.
#57 of 59 Old 04-24-2005, 01:40 PM

Well the full moon brought no excitement for me this time, thankfully! Last full moon was when I had to go to the hospital with those contractions... so I was half expecting that again. But nope

I can't wait to be off bedrest and up and around so I can take care of stuff!! DH does ok... but I do better And I want to get to washing baby stuff, cooking meals for the freezer, and shopping! Our paycheck went a lot further this month that I've been stuck in the house. :

The past few days I've been having a weird pain in my belly... low down up front in the middle, between my belly button and pubic bone. It feels kind of crampy but my belly isn't hard to the touch when it hurts. Sometimes it hurts when I move, somtimes it'll just hurt! Is it ligament pain again? The ligament pain I remember from early 2t was sharper, and on the sides of my lower belly, anyone got any ideas as to what this is?
#58 of 59 Old 04-24-2005, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Well the full moon brought no excitement for me this time, thankfully!
So maybe THAT explains why this little one was flailing all over the place last night. I wondered what the heck was going on in there. It was like he had a party & invited 4 of his closest friends. Then, he tried to flip bottom-down, couldn't do it, and seemed to throw a tantrum :LOL
#59 of 59 Old 04-25-2005, 10:25 AM

I too had a nesting thing! My victim was the refrigerator. There was a lot of gunk that needed to be cleaned anyway, but I got in there with a brush and cleaned every nook and cranny. it was insane. after that i got outside with my DH and picked up rocks (not big). Then i felt i really needed to plant these 2 forsythia bushes in our yard. Got childbirth class tonight, last one, so no cleaning unless i hit it when i get home.

Writer, teacher, and mama to Rhiannon Morningstar 6/28/05

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page