April 18 - 24 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 59 Old 04-18-2005, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else still feeling sick at times? I woke up today just feeling like I need to puke. I tried drinking some OJ thinking that I just needed some sugar since I hadn't ate anything since 7pm last night. I worked last night too so I thought maybe my body is just off schedule. Now while I was in the kitchen making some oatmeal I had to dash off to the bathroom and had a bit of diarrhea. I'm making myself eat and drink a little here, but I'm not sure it's helping. I think it will be slow at work today so I can sit in my recliner and put my feet up.

My next appointment is tomorrow. We are planning on bringing the kids with us. I can't wait to see what DD1 thinks of hearing the baby. I imagine she will talk non-stop.

Michelle

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 59 Old 04-18-2005, 11:27 AM

im still having bouts of nausea from time to time, I even threw up week before last. It's hard to tell if it's a pregnancy thing, or a seasonal allergy thing, or both. I felt pretty awful over the weekend, and increased my salt intake and that really seemed to help.

My two year old was so excited about the appointment last week. She loves my midwife and she loves playing with my midwifes kids during the appointments. Usually she dissapears as soon as we get there :LOL she runs around playing the whole time and doesn't want to leave. This time though when we told her we were going to see Amber she said "Mariah hear baby heart?" It was so sweet. She stayed with us almost the whole time and she really loved hearing the heartbeat.

Hope you are feeling better today Michelle
#3 of 59 Old 04-18-2005, 02:35 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you two have been feeling sick. That doesn't seem fair at this point.

I feel like I've made a major transition change. Suddenly, I'm more tired and going to bed at least an hour earlier than usual and sleeping later. My appetite is all but gone--food just isn't appealing to me and I'm eating way less. Emotionally, I'm more raw. The world just seems different--like seen through a diffused light.

All of these things are familiar to me as I remember them from my last pregnancy. It's like when I enter into the last few weeks everything changes...

Anyone else feeling different like this?
#4 of 59 Old 04-18-2005, 03:08 PM

OMG Pepper... I could have written your post. I have been SO much more tired the past week or so. Going to bed earlier. Sleeping more soundly b/t wake ups. I'm very emotional. I bought (and opened... grrr) the wrong printer ink the other night. REALLY wanted to print out this diaper pattern I had bought and I cried. It was just the last straw for the day, KWIM? But I bawled b/c I couldn't print. I am not a crier most of the time. Just when pg and dealing with ppd (should call it PCSD post c/s depression).
#5 of 59 Old 04-18-2005, 03:19 PM

Davina, and Pepper, I am right there with you. We had my nephew's christening yesterday and you'd have thought I ran a marathon on two hours sleep by the time we got home. Not fun at all.

I'm also finding that I am SUPER thirsty lately. I've been more thirsty than usual since I got pregnant, but lately, man, I could drink an ocean, including the salt! :LOL

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#6 of 59 Old 04-18-2005, 04:22 PM

Also emotional. Tired.

Today I had a regular OB appointment. My BP was up. I was worried. Then I waited for an hour for the doc. So far I'm not emotional. When the doc checks for a heartbeat he says, "I think this baby is breech". (2.5 weeks ago I had an US that showed he was breech). I said, "I had my suspicions, I'm still not getting kicked in the ribs." So we scheduled a c-section, hoping we get to cancel it. I cried while I sat with the scheduling person. Then I went back to see the nurses to get my BP rechecked (I got numbers I was more comfortable with). The nurses were great. Very supportive and quick with the tissues.

Please send me happy thoughts for a turning baby.

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
#7 of 59 Old 04-18-2005, 04:26 PM

Well I've noticed my hunger has increased - if I don't have a good snack/late supper before bedtime, I can't go back to sleep when I get up to pee because I'm too hungry. So I get up to eat something and then am wide awake for hours. Just like early on!

DH bought a motorcycle this weekend. We just had the one car before and needed to remedy that, with us living way outside of town, and baby on the way. It is also much more economical for him to drive back and forth to work every day. I think pregnant women aren't supposed to ride motorcycles? I have this idea in my head that this is so but don't know why. At any rate I'm sure riding motorcycles is not part of bedrest so I'm avoiding it for the time being. :LOL

Tie dyed some baby stuff this weekend. A few things turned out great, a few things not so great. It was lots of fun. I was up and around far more than I should've been though:\

Tomorrow makes 34 weeks!! I can't believe it! Two more weeks of bedrest, six until my due date. Baby could be here very soon! It's going to be so strange. You'd think nine months would be long enough to accustom one to the idea that you're going to have a baby, but no. It still seems rather surreal.
#8 of 59 Old 04-18-2005, 04:47 PM

Amy, here are some sites you can check out re: breech birth and turning a breech baby. If you try some of these things, it's a good idea to stick with one or two for a bit and not overwhelm your body or your baby by trying everything in one day.
http://www.mother-care.ca/breech.htm
http://breechbabies.com/
http://www.spinningbabies.com/pregnancy.html
http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/breech.html
#9 of 59 Old 04-18-2005, 04:48 PM

I can't believe I am already in my 34th week. Whew. On one hand 7 weeks (or so) seems like so long the way I feel at times. On the other hand... well, yeah, I'm freakin' a bit. Three kids... :LOL But I've been over that. Oh, and still no real name. I'd like to have some picked out to choose from at birth... but not much is sticking.
#10 of 59 Old 04-18-2005, 05:24 PM

Amy,
Don't get discouraged just yet. There's time upon time here, and if all else fails, what are the chances of your practice delivering a vaginal breech? Maybe consult with someone else on the side while there's still time? And of course my blanket suggestion for any problem, start visiting the chiropractor!

Looks like we're all being hit with being emotional, thirsty, and tired at once. Used to be that even if I wanted a drink of water before bed I'd skip it because I wanted to sleep, dammit. But now I don't care, I'm totally about drinking me some ice water, day and night.
Tiredness hit once again about a week ago. I'm envious of my previous life where I was pregnant and could go to sleep when I got home from work, or whenever I wanted to on the weekend.
I had a busy weekend from a pregnant standpoint. I worked from early Sat am for about 4 hours, then dh wanted to drive into VA to look at places to potentially live. And this is the same day of my burger king breakdown. I was sitting there thinking I could use it as an excuse to not go, but kept my mouth shut.
We went there and it was almost a waste of time but there was a Wegman's and we walked through there which was really cool if anyone has ever heard of it. Got something to eat and ate it there as well.
Then we went to my parents house and ate dinner and hung out there.
Then Sunday I had an extra early appt for work so again worked about 4 hours, then came home and went right back out to my grandfather's birthday, then went to my son's school 60th anniversary party. Only there for about an hour or so, but I was up and down steps a bunch and outside a bit. Right now it's beginning to get warm, and it's feeling like it's HOT because I'm not used to it. So that drained me. I was supposed to go to yoga last night but decided not to because it was just too much. I wouldn't be able to relax after running around all day.
I realized then that we had a trip to the zoo today for my son's class and had nothing to bring with us to eat. So I had to go to the store and get that stuff. Come home and realize "Crap. Midwife is coming tomorrow. Must clean at least to appear like normal people". Whatever normal means. Then realized neither my son nor myself had our shorts clean so had to do some laundry.
Oh yeah, and in the middle of all of that I had paperwork from 15 cases that I had to complete this weekend; half of which also had to be faxed which absolutely blows.
Then realized my son is a complete dirtball and has to be bathed.
Meanwhile DH is on the sofa the entire time, mouth slack jawed, watching some show on t.v.
Told him off a little, then bathed my son because he "didn't feel like it".
Finally sleep.
Just got home from the zoo, midwife came and went... Hopefully the rest of the day will be just laying around with no nervous breakdowns on my part or the little guy.
Next visit is in 3 weeks, which is when we'll talk about the birth. Geez!! And think about ordering the birth kit. Wow!! So I'm going to have dh come home from work early so he can participate in that conversation.
I can't think of anything else really except for I think I type too much and that I'm going to go eat a bag of soybeans. Yay for edamame! I'm going to PRETEND that I have a round of sushi on the way after my edamame appetizer.
Take care all!
Karen
#11 of 59 Old 04-18-2005, 05:48 PM

http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/p...m#Chiropractic

Oh yeah, Webster's technique is supposed to be great for any malposition. See if you can find someone trained in that and start going now... it can take a few visits.
#12 of 59 Old 04-18-2005, 06:11 PM

I wonder what Webster's really IS. I keep forgetting to ask my chiropractor.
Whenever I go, even prior to pregnancy, they use the technique where part of the table drops when they push on your, well, butt, when you're laying face down. I don't know if that's part of the technique or what.
I've been googling and can't really find a good explanation.
There was a chiropractor that posted here who was due I think in August who was visiting I'll have to try and find her and ask!
I've been going pretty much for the ligament pain in front and the sciatica that moves from right to left. Basically though when I lift my legs, say to put on my pants, it HURTS. Like I can't move too well.
The visits do help but I'm more excited about the fact that it's keeping my pelvis in line and I'm not getting all squooshed up. Again, not that a pregnant woman HAS to see a chiropractor or else there will be malpositioning, but knowing that I'm being proactive definitely does good things for my state of mind. And that's a big deal! Mind over matter is so amazing.
Case in point.. I draw blood as part of my job. Tons of people get very apprehensive and pass out, get lightheaded, etc. I had a guy this weekend who I made lay on his sofa until I left because he was just probably going to pass out if he didn't. He started to recover, then his wife asked me if anyone ever passed out way after the fact. She asked me this because I told the guy to just lay there even though he felt fine. Kind of a "just do it" sort of thing. I told her about a guy who passed out on me about 10 minutes later. This story about this guy made the man I was seeing start to get woozy again and he did almost pass out.
So the power of suggestion... thinking about things such as this, they actually do effect what your body does. You don't just feel anxiety, your body does something with it if that is a good explanation.
Anyway, didn't mean to go off on a tangent there. I just always think it's so amazing what can happen if you just concentrate and think about something.
I wonder why I'm not a millionaire then??
#13 of 59 Old 04-18-2005, 07:19 PM

Webster's isn't always taught, I think if you want to learn it's something you have to go to seperate classes or seminars or whatever for. I think it's smaller adjustments to loosen ligaments etc... but I really can't remember. I am very braindead lately. http://www.icpa4kids.com/find_pediat...iropractor.htm Here is one page where you can look up providers.
"Another excellent resource is the International Chiropractic Association (ICA). Call and ask for the Council on Chiropractic Pediatrics (1-800-423-4690). They also have an extensive list of people trained in this technique and many others. It is not always easy to get through to this group, but their training is extensive and extremely detailed, so this is an excellent place to start." From http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/p...m#Chiropractic
#14 of 59 Old 04-18-2005, 11:43 PM

How odd! I can't remember when so many of us were experiencing the same symptoms at once. I am eating a bit less too, although I think it has more to do with the warm spring weather.

Hay fever is killing me. I spent most of the weekend indoors, in bed. Gaaa.

Went to the chiro today and we think the baby is still transverse. It's early days to be worried, but I don't remember being this fixated on position the last time around.

Does anyone here plan on going to a Sibling class at the hospital? We're planning a home birth, but I thought it might be fun for ds (age 3) anyway.

I fell off the no-sugar wagon after about three days -- one night I begged dh to pick up a hot-fudge sundae at 9:00 pm! Oh, it was good.
#15 of 59 Old 04-19-2005, 12:45 AM

Add another emotional basketcase to the list here.

This past weekend was really tiring (6 hour drive to upstate NY to visit my family--left Friday, drove back to Boston Sunday). Just lots of whirlwind visiting and it exhausted me. This is April Vacation week for my daughter's school, so I took today, tomorrow, and Friday totally off and am working half days on Wednesday/Thursday.

Next weekend, we are going to NYC. My 28th birthday is Monday, but we're mostly going down so my fiance can go to a couple shows. This band (The F**king Champs) are playing in Boston, but they're so close to my due date he just decided to go to these shows instead. So, another traveling weekend this weekend, and then the weekend after that is my "pre-baby party". Basically, a BBQ with some friends

For kicks, here are a few pictures (the first and the third were taken behind my mother's house this past weekend):

My daughter (6) and my mom's dog, Lucas:

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL23/4...0/93548768.jpg

Alex putting together the cradle:
http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL23/4...0/93548713.jpg

WHALEPANTS!
http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL23/4...0/93548733.jpg
#16 of 59 Old 04-19-2005, 05:32 AM

My biggest compliant in all the BH's which are painfree! and of course, i find it really hard to know if they are OK BH's or PTL, and i dont want to lay up in bed if it is not needed, but i dont want to work like crazy , go into PTL and then wponder all the time if it was my fault, KWIM? ok, maybe im also in the crazy club
im sleeping OK, so thats got to be good.

michelle: sorry your still nautious, i also think its unfair, been there done that, and now when we are so big we have other issues! but there is lots of hormonal changes in the last 8 weeks, so i guess its pretty normal

pepper: i know how you feel, but for me, so far, its been up and down,i can have days like you describe, then suddenly i have the good ol 2nd trimester superwomen syndrome.

amy: heres to baby turning vibes! i read on the may board yesterday a women who had her baby turn at 38 weeks, so there is still time!

Karen: "Then realized my son is a complete dirtball and has to be bathed.
Meanwhile DH is on the sofa the entire time, mouth slack jawed, watching some show on t.v.
Told him off a little, then bathed my son because he "didn't feel like it".
Finally sleep." thanmks for sharing that good to know im not alone, and made me laugh this morning

emmy: thats great pics, thanks for sharing.

have a lovely day everyone!
#17 of 59 Old 04-19-2005, 01:16 PM

Ohhhhh me toooo......

I was so tired this morning. Had childbirth class last night so we got home late. Didn't sleep well. Couldn't breathe well this morning! It's baby or pollen or something. Yawn.

Writer, teacher, and mama to Rhiannon Morningstar 6/28/05
#18 of 59 Old 04-19-2005, 04:36 PM

oh jeez... i hear you in the sleep department - i keep having to draaaag out of bed in the morning to get ds1 to school on time - i don't know if my body is just refusing to adjust to daylight saving time or what... and don't even get me started about grumpiness...

my ob visit went fine - didn't have the gtt results back yet, since i took the test 2 days before the appt., but she said she'd call me if they were abnormal, and i haven't heard anything, so i guess it was fine. trying to corral the kids during my long waiting room delay (40 minutes!) and then in the exam room was like herding cats... but luckily the exam was brief.
i wanted to ask my ob some more personal questions, but in addition to the kids being in the room, there was a student pa with her - some younger guy, probably 20... so i didn't.

so in lieu of that, how 'bout i ask you mamas?! :LOL
*warning - sex question ahead...
am i completely paranoid, or is it reeeally not ok for me to be on the bottom at this point?? it's not uncomfortable for me, until it's over and i turn onto my side, then i get sort of muscle achy for a minute...
i just got all freaked out by the idea of somehow hurting the baby, even though everything i know about how well cushioned she is indicates otherwise.
anyway... :
#19 of 59 Old 04-19-2005, 05:16 PM

OB, I am NOT the right person to ask about sex while pg. DH and I have had sex once every three months since I got pregnant; and I'm so not exagerrating; it's been like clockwork.

For the most part, it's just because I'm so uncomfy! First trimester, I was totally sick all the time. Second trimester I was feeling better, but TIRED. And now, well, this pelvic pain is making me very uninterested in anything that might go on down there :LOL

I will, however, tell you this, my best friend had sex on her back right up till the end. So it can't be bad.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#20 of 59 Old 04-19-2005, 05:43 PM

Well I'm not supposed to be having sex, but..... : We still have sex with me on my back, but a spooning position is much more comfortable. I don't notice any muscley aches afterwards though.
#21 of 59 Old 04-19-2005, 06:45 PM

I think the main thing would be if it lasted very long, since the weight of your baby, placenta, etc on your aorta can be bad. So, if you get dizzy or lightheaded you may want to try something else.

ETA: It's the vena-cava... not the aorta. :LOL I'm so tired.
#22 of 59 Old 04-19-2005, 07:00 PM

I cannot believe we are all getting so close! Where has the time gone! I've been lucky not to be too tired yet, but I think seeing my chiro is definitely helping in that area! The drinking, and peeing a lot is slightly annoying, but thankfully it's only for a few more weeks, then it'll be night nursing and have a baby who will probably have their nights and days mixed up. I too have to eat a late snack or I'm starving when I get up for my 2 am pee.

I hope everyone's week is going well. I'm sneaking on here from work, so I can't respond to everything; if only I had a few more hours in my day!
#23 of 59 Old 04-19-2005, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Feeling much better today. It was the stomach flu. DD1 vomited a couple of times yesterday too and so far DH and DD2 have avoided it. It didn't last very long, but it felt so good to be in bed all evening last night.

My appointment went well today. HR in the 120's. My weight is down a pound which I expected since I didn't eat or drink much yesterday. I'm sure I will make up for it later this week.

I'm not that emotional (or at least that's what I'm telling myself.) I'm with all of you on the tired part. I could seriously go for a nap, but DD2 is wide awake so I need to keep an eye on her.

Michelle

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#24 of 59 Old 04-19-2005, 07:12 PM

I guess my tiredness has increased too - I've had to take naps the past few days.

I'm really enjoying baby squirming around... sometimes I can almost grab a little foot! I like being able to feel and tell how she is positioned, too. I feel more connected to her having a better idea of what she's doing in there.
#25 of 59 Old 04-19-2005, 10:18 PM

I've been a little tired lately too, but mostly because my family has been dragging me on "fun outings" that involve too much walking around and sun for my taste. Otherwise things have been ok--less trouble sleeping than in the previous few weeks, but still not really enjoying it--guess I should just be glad I'm getting any.

Had the long GD test today--fasted last night, had blood taken four times today and then finally got to eat around 2pm--was very hungry and cranky by then. Will know tomorrow or Thurs how it went. *fingers and toes crossed*

Can't believe I'm over 30 weeks--seems to be just flying by now...
#26 of 59 Old 04-19-2005, 10:33 PM

So I had my 30 week appointment yesterday (I just switched to having one every 2 weeks now) and lo and behold, I gained 7 pounds in 2 weeks!!!! I have been doing about 7 or 8 a month, and I was all excited to get on the scale this time as it was only 2 weeks since the last one and I could be looking at a smaller number...BIG FREAK OUT in the little doctors office with my husband, it was almost a good thing that the office was behind schedule an hour and a half so I could get back to normal before doc came in...
I *know* that everybody gains weight and I *know* I've been eating good, and I *know* the doc said I started out underweight so I would probably gain alot, plus I'm on restricted activity so I can't work out anymore, but AAGGHH, I'm at 43 pounds so far with 10 weeks to go! (I never should have done the math, at this rate, I am gaining 14 pounds a month...hhhmmm)
So I finally decided to go to the pool with my hubby, and made another big mistake: going to buy a bathing suit today. Let's just say I'm glad lap swim is at 6am and I hope they turn the lights down low...
Of course, when baby kicks it's all worth it, but my poor ego is not enjoying this pregnancy nearly as much as the rest of me is.
Good news: my doc says baby is head down, but I thought it was a bit early for that to matter?
hhmm.
Thanks for reading my vent,
---Grace
#27 of 59 Old 04-19-2005, 11:37 PM

Grace, if it makes you feel better, I'm around 50lbs now (yes, I got on the scale last night *gulp*) and I have 6-7 weeks to go. My last 2 pregnancies I gained 3-5lbs a week the last few weeks... with no problems. Just lots of baby and fluid I guess.
#28 of 59 Old 04-20-2005, 12:35 AM

Ugg. I don't even want to think about weight. I thought I was doing great and I had gained 5 lbs in 2 weeks. I am up about 40 lbs right now. I am just dreading trying to lost it afterwards. It took a really long time for me to lose the weight with dd. I started a food diary to give my mw at the next appt, maybe she can make sense of this!

I just got a bunch of diapers in the mail today from the TP. So cute! I am still kinda nervous about cloth diapering, but I think that I can do it!

My fast pulse thing has still been happening, but only a couple of times since last Thursday. I stopped eating sugar and it happened anyway so I don't really think that sugar has anything to do with it, but for the sake of trying to slow down my weight gain, I am still avoiding sugar. It was really hard at a b-day party this weekend for dd's frined - that cake looked GOOD!!
#29 of 59 Old 04-20-2005, 12:41 AM

One more thing, the doc decided to test my thyroid for some reason. She said sometimes it can get a little whacked out and it could explain the rapid increase in weight as well as the rapid heart rate. Sounds a little far fetched to me, but I gave them a little blood so they could check...
And she thought my little theory of the baby kicking my adrenal glands and giving my heart those surges was pretty cute. But not very medically sound. Oh well, I like it better than a thyroid problem!
So, good luck to all of us who are trying not to eat sugar! Will it be "too little, too late"? I'd like like to think not.
---Grace
#30 of 59 Old 04-20-2005, 12:49 AM

I was going to ask to have my thyroid checked also. Kinda freaks me out, my friend has hypothyroidism from pregnancy and her son is very delayed. I really hope that isn't what is causing this, though I read that hypothyroid causes a weak pulse and weight gain and hyperthryroid causes weight loss and a rapid heart rate so hopefully this has nothing to do with our thyroids, though I am still going to have mine checked just to be sure!

Sorry if I sound dramatic about my friends son...she didn't find out about her thyroid until he was about 2 months old so she went through her pregnancy untreated.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page