May 2-8~Who else has swollen fingers? rofl - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-06-2005, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That picture is amazing. I had my midwife appt. today and confirmed that the baby is lying low but in a kind of posterior position. I have to go to the chiropractor regularly and hope that the baby comes in good position. He/She was moving so much when they were checking my tummy, it was really funny.
I have been having some serious trouble sleeping thro' the night. I wake up around 3 am and afterwards it is hard for me to go back to sleep. I usually go down and fix a snack, sit down and read a book and try to get some 1-1 1/2 hrs sleep atleast after that. I feel so hungry most of the time yet no energy to cook something nutritious for myself. How do you guys cope with any insomnia?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2005, 10:43 PM

Please accept my belated sympathy for your friend, Sharon Anne. I had dysplasia in my twenties too, and had a LEEP procedure to fix it. It's been ten years with no recurrence, thank goodness. I hope she is OK.

OMG, my back is killing me ... I am walking around like an old woman. I gambled on taking a long car trip (2-1/2 hours each way) to Columbus yesterday for International Midwives' Day, and am severely paying the price today. For those of you who are more chiro-savvy than me, should I call her? Or just tough this out until Monday when I see her again?
Old 05-07-2005, 03:00 AM

Deepa: Don't know how I'm dealing with insomnia, except by geting crankier and crankier. A hot shower helps me a lot--seems to settle the restless legs and equalize my temperature so i can get to sleep. Once I fall asleep, I'm usually fine till morning, although our alarm goes off at 515am, so the sooner I fall asleep the better.

Of course, tonight, I took my shower and got into bed thinking I could fall asleep, and my DH rolled over to cuddle with me in his sleep, knowing full well that I can't have anything touching me, not him, not the covers, not the animals, nothing--everything feels like it's 150 degrees. So I pushed him off and tried to push off the covers he pulled to my side, but it was too late, so now I'll be up till who knows when, and exhausted tomorrow.

And yes, it's 1am, my hormones are raging and I'm feeling a little whiny about the whole situation.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Poor Charlotte

Thanks again to everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers for my friend. I will keep you posted on her progress. Her next biopsy is scheduled next week; to find out what stage she's in.

Mother's Day totally broke the bank this year. Not only did I get something from us to our respective moms; I also got something for each of them from Baby O. And I got my SIL a few things from the baby, too, as she's going to be the godmother. And I got her something from her own son, that I know she'll LOVE. Then there are the cards. Ugh. And I really need new maternity pants. :LOL

I was up way too early this morning, and am really thinking about a nap. But, I have soooo much to do (including my last of five washes of prefolds ) Maybe I"ll just take a little nap now and then do the housework this afternoon....DH is working, so I don't have to worry about his schedule for a change. :LOL

Thanks again, everyone. You've made me feel so much better about the situation with my friend

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
Old 05-07-2005, 11:45 AM

:
I packed my hospital bag last night. I still need to get the video camera ready and film for the other camara.

I also bought presents that the baby is going to give the girls and some baby rattles for the girls to give the baby. I'm going to have them help wrap those up.

Must go attend to a needy 4 year old.

Michelle

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 05-07-2005, 12:27 PM

Good mornin' y'all!!

Well, i woke up and went yard saling but no good finds...... but that's okay because i am trying to get MY stuff ready for a yard sale which needs to happen SOON! We are so broke! Guess I'll go work some more in baby's room.

I can't sleep well either, unless it's when i'm not supposed to be sleeping :LOL

My legs ache, reflux attacks, sciatica... grrrrr. And i'm loving the 12 step operation it is to just turn over in bed. Heh.

I'm due around 6/25 but i'm getting prepared for earlier since I was about 3 weeks early. And WOW! that's soon....

Okay enough of my rambling! Have a wonderful weekend ladies!

Writer, teacher, and mama to Rhiannon Morningstar 6/28/05
Old 05-07-2005, 02:41 PM

Aaaahhh, I spent the morning in the pool at the gym. Boy, some people act shocked to see a very pregnant woman getting in the water! Felt great, though, my knees have really been bothering me lately, and that was exactly what I needed. Though I have to admit, I did sort of feel like a whale :LOL
Cullen seems to have enjoyed the water, he was all sorts of butt-pushing afterwards.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

If DH was home today instead of working, I'd be forcing him to open the pool :LOL Not that it's warm enough for the pool yet (no where NEAR, in fact), but I am DYING to get in the water. DYING. The bathtub just doesn't have enough room.

My dog's been very needy lately; wonder what his deal is. Maybe he senses the baby's getting here soon, and is trying to get in all the Mommy Time he can :LOL

Old 05-07-2005, 04:06 PM

We went to a sibling class at the local hospital today -- it was awfully cute, and I appreciated the emphasis on breastfeeding. The leaders actually went around the class and asked what mothers-to-be were planning to do, and all but one were planning to breastfeed -- and these are all mothers with older kids, so they know what they're doing. Ds is very excited.

My back is worse today and I've scheduled an emergency appointment with the chiro. I told my mom if she can fix this I will be a believer -- walking around carrying a sign in favor of chiropractics! Fingers crossed -- I can barely walk as is.
Old 05-07-2005, 04:15 PM

Michelle, that's so exciting that you have your bag packed already! I'm not anywhere near being that ready but I remember how good it felt the last two times to feel like I was prepared. My dc's picked out two little stuffed animals to give to the baby but I haven't thought about something for them from the baby....I'm excited to see what you have and your name choice!

Deepa, insomnia is a tough one. I had it really bad for several weeks and now am sleeping much better. I would lay in bed and try to meditate, breathe deeply, and just relax--enjoying the peace and quiet.

I can't wait to get in the pool, too. We should be opening ours in a week or so. I'm so curious as to what it will feel like.

Melissa, I hope your back is feeling better today. I can barely make it up my stairs without major back pain nevermind a long car drive and walking around a festival. You should see me when I get up in the morning trying to straighten up and take those first few steps--total old lady thing going on :LOL
Old 05-07-2005, 04:16 PM

We cross-posted--Melissa, good luck at the chiro!!
Old 05-07-2005, 04:51 PM

sinsaratea - i've been a garage sale-ing fool this week...
i found a bouncy seat for the babe - no batteries! wahoo - it's almost impossible to find one without one of those vibrator thingies on it, or some musical device.
it was funny too, because it's the very same bouncy seat that i had with ds1, just a different color. his was broken after we used it with dd (not her fault, btw - i think it got stepped on or something, and the frame snapped), and it only had 2 of the (very simple, non-musical or noisemaking, no flashing lights) toys left on the little detachable bar - this one has all the toys, is in great shape, and cost me $5
and then i found this beautiful rattle, which i had seen months ago, and wished i could afford to buy - at another garage sale for 75 cents (!!!!)
having waaaaay too much fun shopping for little odds and ends... and not getting much cleaning or anything else done, other than basic child care and feeding, and some cooking and such... any of you nesting mamas want to come clean my house? or sew me something? :LOL
right now dd is playing and ds2 is napping (i should be doing the same... so tired...) dh took ds1 golfing with him, and i'm online mucking about. tra-la!
wow... i must have been sitting here longer than i thought... i hear little knocking sounds coming from my bedroom - sounds like ds2 is up
happy mother's day tomorrow, everybody!
Old 05-07-2005, 06:12 PM

Sounds like a great find on the bouncy seat!! I need to get one.. I'm ok with on that vibrates tho I may never use that function but do not want something playing obnoxious music. And that rattle is excellent! While we were honeymooning in Cozumel we bought a silver rattle... which chimes like a bell rather than rattles. At any rate being silver it was an ungodly price : We call it the family heirloom. :LOL

All was well at the prenatal appointment yesterday, tho my CNM is out of town this weekend for a funeral so I am not letting myself go into labor!! Not that I'm feeling like I'm going to anytime real soon but I really don't want to get one of the OBs. Also I have become increasingly paranoid about my water breaking while I'm out and about. I keep meaning to stick an extra pair of pants in the car but never remember.

I'm getting so much done, so many things crossed off the before-baby list! I am just feeling 100% great these days. Except for my underwear and pants, which do not fit and are in fact often quite painful. *hugs* to those battling with insomnia and all the other pregnancy no-funs.

The May babies are arriving, ours will be here soon
Old 05-07-2005, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

I gave in to my expanding uterus yesterday and bought two new pairs of maternity pants at Old Navy. I should have got the large ones, but even the mediums are WAY more comfy than the other ones I've been wearing since the beginning of this pregnancy. And one of the pairs of pants are jeans I haven't worn jeans in EIGHT MONTHS! :LOL

I have to call my mother to make arrangements for tomorrow. Everyone pray for me :LOL

Old 05-08-2005, 02:23 AM

Well, I haven't written in awhile. My Dad went into ICU on Monday, so dh and I drove up to be with him. It doesn't look good. On Tuesday I went into pre-term labor. So I was admitted to the hospital for a couple of days. I'm almost 3 cm and completely effaced. I was given the option of staying in the area with family on bedrest or coming home with dh. With the stress of family stuff and having to say my goodbyes to my Dad, I opted to take the 3 hr drive home. We ended up in L&D here last night, after a long car drive, for contractions again. They were able to stop the contractions. So here I am at home. While I was admitted at hospital #1 I did get the steroid shots so the baby's lungs will be ready. So, I'm on bedrest until 35 weeks which is 2 weeks more. Then I imagine I'll go into labor.

This has been the most exhausting week of my life. My Dad is still alive, but I had to talk to him before I left. He's not awake, but I know he can hear me. I had to give him permission to let go. It's amazing how something as happy as a baby coming and as heartbreaking as saying goodbye to a loved one can happen at the same time.

So, I imagine that little Eleanor Grace will be here before the month is over. I feel ready for the labor, but I haven't prepared for the baby. I thought I had more time. So I need to find some preemie cds. Sorry if I bummed anyone out. I'm not supposed to be on the computer, so I apologize for not reading the previous posts. I'll check back later. Please think peaceful thoughts for me, I need it. Thanks.

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
Old 05-08-2005, 11:20 AM

Take it easy these next few weeks.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 05-08-2005, 11:27 AM

Dani I'm sorry to hear about your dad.

Don't give up hope on a full-term baby yet... though your cervix was farther along than mine was. Still, despite my CNM's worries I made it to 36 weeks and didn't go into labor once I started doing things again. But it's good that you got the shots, hang in there mama! I know it's not fun and very stressful
Old 05-08-2005, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Dani, try to relax. I can't imagine how hard this is for you; but post here whenever you need an ear (eye? :LOL) We're here for you. Just, no long posts, you know, since you're not supposed to be on the computer and all.

Old 05-08-2005, 02:30 PM

Thanks everyone.

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
Old 05-08-2005, 03:53 PM

Oh Danielle, I'm so sorry for all that you've had to endure these past few days. I can't imagine how painful it must have been to say good bye to your Dad and then to go into preterm labor away from home and have the worry and fears that go with that.

I'll be sending you good thoughts that you carry this babe full-term. It happens all the time--Moms start to dilate and efface and then with bedrest end up carrying for several more weeks. It happened to me and although my baby was born at 37 weeks he was big and healthy and perfect. Be gentle with yourself and think positive thoughts.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:27 PM

Oh Danielle, I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. Take care of yourself.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:39 PM

{{{{Danielle}}}}
Old 05-08-2005, 10:05 PM

Dani, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Hang in there.

Suddenly I am practically on bed rest as well -- aren't I the one who wished she could be confined to bed for a while? : I paid an emergency visit to the chiro yesterday, who told me to stay off my feet as much as possible, and preferably on my side (or back, for short periods). I can't walk very well at all, and it hurts really bad. Dh was out of town on business until Friday night, and we had a misunderstanding (re: in-laws) and aren't really speaking to each other -- so now he is taking care of me and ds and the house, feeling put upon, and the vibe is just very bad. I should try to make up with him but I just don't have the strength -- I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself, too. Sniff. I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow when dh goes back to work. This sucks! Sorry for the whine, but I am feeling a little trapped.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:12 PM

There are some mamas in need of some hugs in here this weekend!
Melissa, I hope your back starts feeling better soon, and that you can get some help tomorrow. Take care of yourself!
Old 05-08-2005, 11:13 PM

OK, who started all of this talk about rings not fitting??? I wore mine with #1 all the way through until 39 weeks. #2 I had no problems at all. This time I had trouble wearing it last night and have had it off again today!! What is up with that!

Old 05-08-2005, 11:16 PM

Yeah, on the swelling... ugh. I had none to speak of last two times but this time my feet and ankles are lookin' pretty puffy the past few days and dh can't get it through his thick skull that I need to rest... meaning he needs to DO SOMETHING!!!

Dani, I am so sorry to hear about your dad and your bedrest. I hope you can keep that baby in there a few more weeks.

Melissa, hope your back feels better soon. Ouch.

Jillene ~ I was reading the PE thread and I was sorry to hear how hard of a time you're having. {{{HUGS}}} I hope things stay stable and you're able to go into labor on your own with a healthy mom and baby.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:29 PM

Melissa, can your dh take any time off from work? Even a day or two (or a half day, two days in a row?) would be so helpful for you right now. Hopefully your back will get better faster if you are able to rest it.

Swelling: it seems less for me this pregnancy than my first two for some reason ?? Make sure to drink lots of water.

I know I must be getting far along because I am kinda dreading the coming week--it's so hard to find the energy to keep the house somewhat managed, feed and dress my two little ones, prepare meals, and make it out of the house for our regular outings. I promised myself I wouldn't get down on myself for having to slow down but it's still hard

I'm starting to worry about some of our June moms here. It seems there are quite a few of you who are having some rough times. Please keep us posted on any changes so this worry-wart Mama over here doesn't stress too much!
Old 05-09-2005, 10:57 AM
mcs

It really does seem like a hard week for so many. I was going to write something about my insomnia- I've been trying to not be awake since probably 5- but this doesn't seem so bad afterall. I hope that the monday mood is better- that the sun is shining through your windows even if you are laying sideways (oh I can't wait to roll over again) in bed all day. And....at the end, we all get babies! In the most beautiful month of June! I've never loved the sound of a month so much. June is certinly my new favorite. goodmorning. now I'll go wake my dh. michelle

two girls and another on the way in feburary!

User Tag List