postpartum mamas, how are you? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 126 Old 07-07-2005, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Michelle, if you are only pumping for the car, I would suggest the Avent Isis. It's a manual pump, goes for about $45 (set usually comes with everything you need, including bottle & a couple nipples). I pump on one side when I'm nursing on the other, and can quickly get 4 oz or so that way.

Avent Isis Pump
#122 of 126 Old 07-07-2005, 07:45 PM

I use a hollister pump.

I wouldn't want him bottle fed full time, but I DO want him to take a bottle if he needs to. I have convinced ds to take a nuk paci, he seems to have reflux and can't tolerate too much milk in his tummy.he cries like he's in pain if he eats too much, so I try to give him the Nuk paci when he wants to comfort nurse.

I don't know what else to do.........the paci seems to satisfy his comfort sucking needs. Sometimes when one breast seems really empty I can let him nurse for comfort, but not all the time.
#123 of 126 Old 07-07-2005, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamamom
I have convinced ds to take a nuk paci, he seems to have reflux and can't tolerate too much milk in his tummy.he cries like he's in pain if he eats too much, so I try to give him the Nuk paci when he wants to comfort nurse.

I don't know what else to do.........the paci seems to satisfy his comfort sucking needs. Sometimes when one breast seems really empty I can let him nurse for comfort, but not all the time.

Cully doesn't seem to have reflux, but he gets REALLY REALLY angry if he's comfort nursing and I have a let down. I've been offering him a suckie during those times, but so far no dice.
#124 of 126 Old 07-07-2005, 11:00 PM

I have an avent pump but since using the medela harmony one I haven't touched it! It takes forever compared to the new one! With the medela one I can pump about three to four ounces out of one breast in about five min! But he won't take it from the avent bottle! I was going to try a playtex bag bottle since they are a little easier to suck from and I think they are closer to a breast. I don't want him to use a bottle all the time by any means! To be honest I was scared he would take right to it and find it better than me!! But he didn't!

We are up right now because he wanted to comfort nurse and I had a let down! He started screaming and DH has to go to work tomorrow so I thought I should let him sleep! Wish I could sleep! Its almost the weekend! Maybe Nolan will go to sleep soon and I can sleep too! He is only 15 days old! (I remind myself of this when I start thinking he may never sleep!)

Well I have to wash dry the dipes! I love those wonderoos! A little big on him still (bulky) but they are soooo cute on him! Well have a lovely evening girls!
#125 of 126 Old 07-08-2005, 12:32 AM

Angel give the Naturalatch Playtex Disposable a try.......you might find he likes it better than the avent.
#126 of 126 Old 07-08-2005, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamohumm6

Cully doesn't seem to have reflux, but he gets REALLY REALLY angry if he's comfort nursing and I have a let down. I've been offering him a suckie during those times, but so far no dice.

Emmy have you tried holding him close to you and turn him like he's nursing? It's sometimes the only way I can get him to calm down.......I tuck his legs under my arm, and let him rest his head on top of my boob. I usually have him laying in a blankie, cause he has baby acne right now. If he's held sortof confined..... sometimes it works.

Also, I tried different pacis to find the one he liked. Do you have a Soothie, maybe from the hospital?? Dd would only take those. And they don't confuse them. Ds didn'twant them, but she loved them.

If you would like to try one, I'd be glad to send you one to try......

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page