Beginning June 12th.............(weekly thread) - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-18-2005, 03:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
fabienne, bama....i hope to see baby announcements from both of them soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2005, 03:55 PM

Yes, also Amy-Stone Fence!

More June stats: (as of this mornings reported births)

27 births

10 boys boy:
17 girls girl:
Old 06-18-2005, 03:56 PM

Grace - I'm impressed! Dang...maybe you're a maniac...

---
Still having BH ctx...still about 7-8 minutes apart. It's hard to tell if this is just false labor or early labor (because it's not letting up at all...but it's not getting much stronger either). My ctx are a little more menstrual-like this AM, but not strong enough where I know labor is coming.

I did have some bloody show this AM...not a lot, but some...so things are beginning to happen. I may have a June baby after all :-). Our anniversary is on Wed...that would be a nice day to have a baby, don't you think?

DH is brining me some wine from the store. I'm going to dirnk a small glass and try to sleep some this afternoon. Not doing much else today besides sleeping. If things have fizzled out come tomorrow, then maybe I'll consider going on a walk, etc. but today I'm resting.
Old 06-18-2005, 04:04 PM

Woke up this morning to bloody show, although it was not like it was with ds -- with him it was a big bloody gob of mucus in the toilet, and today it was just blood on my Poise pad, as if my period had come in the night ....

I was also really crampy all through the night. I'm taking it really easy today -- still in my nightgown at 2:00. Called the m/w who was noncommital but impressed enough that she called her apprentice to give her a heads up. We're going to a bbq tonight at 5:00 and I don't see any reason to cancel at present.

It's a real funny feeling, knowing that I could go from pregnant to mother of two at any moment -- as I'm sure you all can share. Plus, I've given very little thought to the reality of labor and birth and I am a little afraid of wigging out from the pain.

Off to take a nap ....
Old 06-18-2005, 04:19 PM

YAY Melissa!

Yes, Amy - Stone Fence, too--she shared my due date.
Old 06-18-2005, 05:14 PM

yah melissa, symptoms
and mb, sounds like a good start,
and grace....1 week....im really impressed

im had a nesting session this morning, cleaned weird things piping around the sink...but it was then followed by a three hour nap...so i dont think it counts.

ì guess tommorow is fathers day in america(or maybe just in canada=?) any special plans? its not untill november here, so no pressure for me to produce a baby on tommorow hehehe
Old 06-18-2005, 05:38 PM

yes tomorrow for us here in the US...... i think DH would be tickled to have her arrive tomorrow....

Writer, teacher, and mama to Rhiannon Morningstar 6/28/05
Old 06-18-2005, 05:44 PM

baby's here!
Old 06-18-2005, 06:57 PM

Congrats on the new baby! WOO HOOO! I am getting hopefull that this will soon be over for me too!

So today is my due date. I am having tightening that at its tightest feels heavy. There is no pain though. So I am not sure what this means but I think I will take a nap and see if it means anything good! Of course as we all know I won't miss the end so I can stop spazzing now! :LOL

Pepper see what I'm saying now! :LOL They are pushy but at the same time I'm gratefull that this could be over if I need help! Not that I will. I'm trying to be positive and trust my body! They always act like a woman can't do this alone!

Well I'm off to have a sandwich and a nap! Maybe later a baby! He foiled my plans last time!
Old 06-18-2005, 08:08 PM

Bama--YAY!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear this story--:LOL !
Sounds like a doozy!
Old 06-18-2005, 10:41 PM

Bama--- COOL!!!! First of all, congrats. Second... where were you going in Tenn.? Were you going to THE FARM??? If you were, i am so jealous. Not that its that far for me either...... heh.

I cannot wait to hear your birth story.

Ladies, I am getting suspect that i may be going this week. i don't know why.

Writer, teacher, and mama to Rhiannon Morningstar 6/28/05
Old 06-18-2005, 10:43 PM

holy wow bama!!!
congratulations - can't wait to hear the extended version. i fantasize about 'accidentally' birthing at home...

actually, lately i fantasize about birthing at all... :LOL
why am i so impatient??!! i mean, technically, ultrasound-wise, my due date is actually not for another 2 weeks - so 'they' tell me. i just feel ready now...
although my poor house isn't - at all.
actually, i wouldn't really care a whole lot myself, it's just that i know that while i'm in the hospital, other people will be here helping with the kids and such - why do i care that they will be appalled? :LOL and nobody better go into my laundry room - ohmigod they'll be buried alive. i'd post a pic link to substantiate that claim, but like i said, i think my puter has a virus. feh.
(not that anyone really needs to see my abysmal laundry pile that almost reaches the ceiling... 4 kids generate a lot of dirty clothing...)

grace - don't worry - you're not a maniac - why do you think we have so many kids??!
time to do something about that over here, methinks. i'm not even 30 yet...

and we still don't have a name - god help me, dh revived 'lourdes' last night - so that argument is back...
never a dull moment.
i'll just be over here waaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiitingggggggggggggggg...
Old 06-18-2005, 11:26 PM

omg Bama! Welcome Schuyler It sounds like a pretty intense birth, I can't wait to hear more about it. For pics you need to upload them to a site (like photobucket.com) and then link the url to here.

Melissa, Go bloody show I'm never too impressed with bh contractions, heck even the mucous plug doesn't excite me too much anymore, but bloody show...now, that means something. Get ready, girl.

Angel, we'll be strong together, ok? My body knows what it's doing, my body knows what it's doing....

There is just nothing going on over here--maybe the bh are getting just a teeny bit stronger but that's it I find myself peering into the toilet after I pee looking for something, anything but - nada.

My ds was born at 37 weeks, dd at 39w5d so it looks like I am actually going to enter into unchartered territory this time and will most likely make it to and past my due date. The phrase "be careful what you wish for" keeps running through my head...
Old 06-19-2005, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

Wow lots of excitement!
Congrats to Fabienne and Bama!
I feel like I just talked to bama... and this happened Thursday. I have no sense of time lately.
My bh contrax are stronger/harder lately too. But they're the same length, nothing more than maybe 10 or 15 seconds even if they do come one after the other sometimes for more than an hour. Even then I don't get very excited. I just remember actual labor contractions being completely different, noticing that I don't feel the tightening so much as the cramping. And actually, the tightening I don't remember feeling hardly at all during labor.
I feel like I'm in unchartered territory too even though I had a pregnancy go 40 weeks. I'm not being induced this time so I feel like if I wake up in the morning it's like the movie Groundhog Day. Ya'll know what I mean!??!!?
You know what's funny is ever since I discovered the bulging bag I've noticed two things. One, I feel the urge to check that sucker all the time but resist. I don't want to mess with it and cause the bag to rupture; I want that to happen on its own. Two; the baby used to LIVE in my crotch. Now she doesn't do that anymore. Now since she's got more room up above she stretches her feet up into my ribs which is a new sensation for me. Then I get a wicked bh contrax while she's stretching and it feels like my ribs will break.
They're also very sore by my breastbone, right underneath. At night if I roll over sometimes I feel like my muscles are popping in that area. I actually felt a weird burst like sensation there the other night. Talk about ouch.
You know what else is sore is my pubic bone! I find that so fascinating!!!
Our bodies are amazing ladies!!! We can do this!!!
Oh and ugh, speaking of rolling over at night. Our beds are pushed together now so if I want to get out of bed, I have to get my big body to the foot of the bed, I can't sit on the side anymore because ds and I sleep by the wall. It's so hard to get out of bed at night to pee. And the funny part is I feel as if this baby is so much smaller, yet she's giving me more ailments than I can remember with ds who was 9lb almost at 38 weeks. I've said it before and I'll say it again; I guess it's because I'm older!!!
Time to go to bed. This kid though, she's having a fit inside of me. And to think this morning I was worried beyond belief because I couldn't get her to move for ANYTHING. When she finally did, I cried. Not to bring anyone down, but I've been surfing the May boards reading about some of what's going on over there. It makes me very thankful for this baby and very scared at the same time. My thoughts are definitely with those mommas.
Anyhoo, tomorrow is a new day, time for a new thread!!!!
Karen
39 weeks!!!
Old 06-19-2005, 06:28 PM

Well, those symptoms weren't kidding -- I'm going to start a new thread to announce our new baby boy
Old 06-19-2005, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Time to go to bed. This kid though, she's having a fit inside of me. And to think this morning I was worried beyond belief because I couldn't get her to move for ANYTHING. When she finally did, I cried. Not to bring anyone down, but I've been surfing the May boards reading about some of what's going on over there. It makes me very thankful for this baby and very scared at the same time. My thoughts are definitely with those mommas.
Yes.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:16 PM

I second that

I have let those 3 May losses really get to me. I think about them a lot It's shaken my faith in my body and my baby a bit.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
I second that

I have let those 3 May losses really get to me. I think about them a lot It's shaken my faith in my body and my baby a bit.
Me too. One particular story was almost identical to that of my best friend who lost her little girl 3 years ago...reading it was incredibly difficult and brought back a lot of memories. Those poor mamas...

User Tag List