june 19th - june 25th (good grief!) weekly... - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-25-2005, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonAnne
Pepper, I have a theory. I think you're the ultimate cheerleader for the rest of us, and the universe is afraid you're going to bail on the remaining June Mamas if you have your baby.
you know this isnt so crazy. i agree 100%

sharoneanne: wow two weeks already, glad the pin memories are fading...im like an elephant, three years on and i can remeber the famous ring of fire like it was yesterday...

angeL: welcome Nolan!! that was a fast delivery! and its so sweet to have sat on the phone with your mom, im so homesick with for my mom, so im hoping i can labour at home, while i talk to her on skype (internet telephone) a while,

fey: you couldnt leave if you wanted to!

grace: hope you have a hiccup free night!
good night girls

Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2005, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
Here's what's really bothering me: most of the ladies here and that I read about who go past their due dates have a history of it. They obviously have a bit more gestational time to do which is all fine and good. I do not. First baby born 37w4d, second baby born 39w5d. I am now 40w4d. Why is this one different?

My cycles have always been like clockwork at 28 days, ovulating around day 14. The cycle I got pg I ovulated at day 12 not later. I know the reasonable answer is Every baby is different but I have yet to see such a variation in babies like this. And what's even weirder is that my first two were posterior and this one is in the best position yet! Strange...makes one crazy to think about.
Pepper, you summed up my feelings too, I can really relate to this. My dd was born at 39w5d, and I was confident this one would come before the due date as well. You know that I oed on day 14.

I couldn't sleep last night either... was up until 2am! Wondering what is it that is keeping this little one from coming... is it just that he/she is not ready, or is it something that I am doing / not doing

Angel, many congrats on your little boy, I'm so glad he was able to pick his own birthday.

So my mw just left. It was an okay appointment. Baby and I are fine, healthy as can be. baby was ROA today. it seemed the head was very very low, but when she did the internal she couldn't feel it. She had me do some hands and knees to try to reposition the baby. About twenty minutes after she left she called me and said she had been talking with the midwife she trained with and told her about me, and they both think there is a possibility that the baby is breech.

i can still have my homebirth and both midwives will attend and also an assistant, which is fine. I'm very grateful for that. But this just isn't how i pictured things. I'm a bit worried, I mean I know that most likely things will go fine, but I also know that there is a higher risk with breech births.

off to
Old 06-25-2005, 09:33 PM

So, about 2 hours ago we were on our way out and I did my usual last-minute go to the bathroom just before we leave I swear there was the teeniest, tiniest, smallest, lightest, have-to-squint-to-see-it pinkish tinge on the tp when I wiped.

It was like when you take the pregnancy test at 10dpo and you know it's too soon but there is the slightest line when you hold it up to your window....

Anyway, that's kinda exciting! I don't want to make a huge deal of it and use large, colored font and announce:

Bloody Show!

or anything :LOL

it just gives me some encouragement that perhaps this baby might come out one of these days. I've been having bh surges off and on but am not paying attention to them--they don't seem to be in a pattern but honestly I wouldn't know because I'm not looking at the clock.

So, we went out anyway--I had to go to Whole Foods to get more RRL tea...and we got in a fender bender in the parking lot. Someone backed right into us. My two babies were in the back seat and started screaming and crying because my dh was laying on the horn and yelling trying to get her to notice us (we couldn't move because we were boxed in) and she slammed right into our back door. So, that was fun But I got my tea That stressful event is not conducive to labor starting so it might still be awhile......

Will surely keep you updated on anything--but don't hold your breath! (afterall, who will keep the Birth Announcement list up-to-date if I don't? )
Old 06-25-2005, 10:21 PM

Please hang in there still preggo ladies!!
I am mourning the loss of the anticipation and the event. Kind of like when you get married and you know the day is coming and then BAM! it's over. Of course you have a baby afterwards, but still.
I'm finding I'm looking at things in my house and remembering specific events of the labor and birth and it's a little depressing... I guess it shouldn't be, but for some reason it is. It's that big event let down feeling that you get. I even have some blood on the floor that I could easily clean up but won't.. Took me till yesterday to pick up the towels off of the bathroom floor that I had between my legs waddling in there when my water broke!! Gross huh!
I also want to talk a lot about the birth and the labor and of course dh isn't necessarily into it.
However, he gets some sort of stomach thing yesterday and all he can talk about are the specific symptoms of how he felt, how he dealt with it, and can I rub his back? etc. He's lucky that he rubbed my back during labor. It was actually the midwife who started doing it but I thought it was her the whole time until he told me otherwise.
So anyhoo enjoy this time even though it royally sucks ladies.
Oy my milk came in over the last 24 hours... Nice and progressively. Now I'm like so in for it! One of my nipples has like an extra nipple if that makes any sense.. So there is what seems like two ducts so when I try to express, the duct feels twice as big and it's pretty painful. She has the same latch as my son and I think it took a little more than a week for nursing not to hurt. Not sure if the latch is wrong; it doesn't SEEM wrong, but maybe I'm the fair skinned/sensitive nipple type that "they" talk about.
Well I hear the kid crying. She's been nursing a LOT today with this new discovery of more milk and I think I even see her face filling out if that's even possible.
I really need to write my birth story before I forget the finer details! My midwife is coming Monday, maybe she'll help me relive the birth. Hopefully not the part where I announced "O.K. I'm going to crap all over you now". And to that she replied "That's what I'm here for". The woman is my hero!
Take care all,
Karen
Old 06-25-2005, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karennnnn
My midwife is coming Monday, maybe she'll help me relive the birth. Hopefully not the part where I announced "O.K. I'm going to crap all over you now". And to that she replied "That's what I'm here for". The woman is my hero!
:

I think it's a universal thing to feel a bit of a let down after the big event. Plus, you're dealing with all the hormonal changes. And I can totally relate to wanting to discuss every little detail of every second of the birth. My dh just didn't get it either. So, talk talk talk about it to us! I can never get enough of birth story talk.

pprincess, oh man, breech? There should be a way to confirm that so you know one way or another--I guess u/s is out, huh? Have you been feeling kicks/bigger movements down low?

Nothing going on here with any more pinkish tp findings I'm still having semi-strong bh's....probably will be days and days of this..
Old 06-25-2005, 11:32 PM

Quote:
"O.K. I'm going to crap all over you now".
:LOL At least you warned her, that's probably more than she usually gets.

Pepper - I am insanely jealous of you and your pinkish tinged tp. I want pinkish tinged tp.

Am I the only one who reads about "bloody show" and always pictures some guy in a bowler hat and black overcoat saying, "Bloody good show!" in a thick British accent? :

pprincess, sorry to hear baby may be breech. Mine was breech for a while but she turned. Now she's trying to get posterior. Obstinate kid. :LOL I assume you've been to spinning babies, know about the Webster technique, etc. etc. Also, to give you inspiration - my neighbor was telling me the other day about her sister, who had three kids, all of them breech, all of them naturally.

Speaking of my neighbor - she kind of freaked me out the other day. She called me over, saying she wanted to ask me about some things, then proceeded to ask me if we are planning a homebirth! I don't know how she figured this out! I was a little taken aback but I told her we are. She seemed supportive - she wanted to know what the procedure is in case of an emergency, etc., which struck me as cute and mom-like, then said if we needed anything to let her know. She was very nice but I'm still trying to figure out how she knew. She must have heard DH and I talking about it in the back yard or something.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:58 AM

I wonder what got us all going with the bloody show and mucous plug? I mean aren't there other signs of possible labor! I wonder where it came up because all of us, including me obsess about it.
I think I remarked about how when my water broke I saw my plug and I just kept looking for more and more of it whenever I went to the bathroom.
By the way, it was interesting that when my water broke all I wanted to do was pee. You're probably thinking "Yeah you THOUGHT you were peeing" but really I was. For about a half hour I think, I sat on the toilet just to sit there because I kept wanting to pee anyway.
Never did see any bloody show. I did have some pink tp though like Pepper, but only after my water broke. And it WAS like a pregnancy test kind of pink!! Like, "Look at it! It really is two lines, I mean pink tinged mucous!!!"
It was weird having the midwife there though, sleeping in the other room. I'm glad she told me she was used to that or else I'd have been worried about her. I'm sure she fell right to sleep. Then when I felt like it was time for her, I had dh let her know because I was embarrassed to wake her up!
All in all she probably only "worked" for like 2 hours at my place. An hour and a half up till the birth and then maybe a half hour or 45 minutes afterwards. I wanted to be kind to her
But she got right up, I told her I thought that was really fast!
And she used my cut up towels to help with the, er, um, poo. I was thinking to myself that wasn't what I had thought they were for heheh... Then the other funny thing was that since I was leaning over the bed I was sort of upside down. I was wondering why she was holding the towel where she was because I thought my perineum was the other way lol! The towels felt really good though. They made a lot of sense. If anyone is having a hospital birth, I'd recommend asking that they use warm compresses as the baby is crowning.
In my case she never really crowned that I know of. I was pushing and asked if she could see the baby since I didn't believe I was close. She said no. Then like two contractions later I felt her whole head come down the birth canal and I'm all "Here she comes!" So using the towels even before that time was nice.
And ring of fire... I wanted to get rid of that business right away. Even though I was pretty controlled in pushing out the head, I did it as fast as I could. I felt more this time in the ring of fire respect, but for me it was more extreme pressure.
And while I'm thinking about it after the birth I just took two advil and the pain in my bottom was GONE. I can't recall if I mentioned it or not, but with my son's birth I asked for demerol in my hep lock afterwards. If I knew all I needed were TWO ADVIL... I would have been a lot less out of it. Just so you guys know who are waiting
So it's not so bad to wait! You get tips from moms who like to write novels!
Hopefully I'm going to sleep now...
Karen
Old 06-26-2005, 01:51 AM

Well, I thought I'd put in my daily post...nothing new

Pepper--think pink! I thought for a moment that my panties were covered in pink mucus till I realized that I was just wearing my pink panties :LOL And I'm sorry you had such a rough night: come check in if you're up again, I've sure been awake between 3 and 6...

Pprincess--breech might be lame, but at least you have the option to still deliver vaginally! So many people end up with c's because their doc's or midwives won't perform them.

I'm trying to remember, were there this many "overdue" mammas at one time in the middle of the month? I remember Emmy was "overdue", but somehow anybody else is slipping my mind...how cute that so many of us already had to wait till the end of the month and are now waiting still although I can't even complain: I'm not due for 3 more days.

Well, good night and good luck sleeping to all: I had about 3 1/2 broken-up hours of sleep last night and NO nap today. I suddenly seem too jumpy and awake to sleep anymore and baths aren't helping me relax. Very odd. I feel tired too, and not at all nervous about going into labor (well, not THAT nervous) but my legs just won't hold still when I lay down. I think they are missing my daily 2 mile jaunts...

--Grace
Due 6/28 with a :
Old 06-26-2005, 05:21 AM

I had a horrible day/night yesterday. Been pre-laboring so long. Husband suggested maybe it was 'phantom pains'? Oh that was not a good thing to say in the state I was in, as the hormonal surge had kicked in and I was twinging every 20 mins or so throughout the day. I lost it. It just broke me completely. Felt the lowest I have felt in a long, long time. Cried my eyes out so hard they still feel sore this morning. Then from around 11pm on, was having more intense contractions (the kind that make you say, aha this is finally it), they kept up but spaced 10 mins apart. I was so exhausted at that point I just said the baby will come when the baby will come, instead of walking around or sitting up right or doing what I could to help things along, and I tried to sleep. So I was waking every 10 mins or so til around 4 am when the pattern decreased to every 20 mins, every 30 mins. Went for a shower just full of mucous from crying and my ears full of wax (anyone else getting that?) and my head sore and still tired. Am waiting for the pattern to pick up again now that I am upright, but I give up, you know? I thought around midnight last night that I'd be in hospital this morning but I was so tired, you know how you keep hitting the alarm for 5 more minutes, and the contractions while intense weren't unbearable and weren't coming closer than 10 mins and I didn't want to be walking up and down the hospital corridor or falling asleep in the birthing pool if it was just going to be yet another night of pre-laboring that went nowhere. And now I get to sit here and wonder if the problem really is me. I don't know.

Anyway. That's my story. Hope things are moving better for the rest of yous!
Old 06-26-2005, 06:56 AM

roseberry: oh im sorry for the hard night.....and sorry for the emotional surgers, but you have good company at least. after all the false labour in this house, my partner doesnt even react now, so this morning when i got stomach sick with contractions, he just said, ok, let me know if it gets worse...and walked away....
no back rubs, nothing...

poor us....i could do self pity ALL day hehe

oh yeah,,,and swimming....my midwife has always said that untill the 6 week check up where she makes sure the uterus is all nice and shrunk and everything is 'closed' no swimming or sex or anything which could lead to infection. but she is assuming outdoor in lakes swimming, maybe a pool isnt so dangerous...and 6 weeks, may be just our wait time to see the midwife.

Nancy
Old 06-26-2005, 11:33 AM

to you ladies...

Well, I hesitate to say anything, but I woke up this morning with one long intense contraction and.....

Bloody Show.
I almost wanted to save it.

But now just regular bh's that don't hurt. Hm. We'll see.

--Grace
Old 06-26-2005, 11:37 AM

ok, so now we wait on pepper and grace who have bloody show (how often do you get to say that in a life time...and it be considered a good thing)

well see if it means labour is on the way.....fingers crossed for you girls!
Old 06-26-2005, 02:47 PM

ok, just a quick check in, DH is itching to go to lunch.....

Friday night: gave in and had a full glass of cider. it was heavenly and made me relax a lot. :LOL

Throughout the weekend i have been having mucous (sp?) when wiping. sometimes tinged, sometimes not. is that possibly the mucous plug?

BH on and off....

oh yeah yesterday was the "due date". its raining today, maybe rain brings babies.....

will write more later.... my tummy is totally rumbling!

Writer, teacher, and mama to Rhiannon Morningstar 6/28/05

User Tag List