June 26th - July 2nd, let's get this (bloody good) show on the road! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 166 Old 06-28-2005, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
One more thing, just to get this out of the way: my prediction is that I'm having a girl, dh's is a boy (although he says given a choice he would prefer a girl!?!).
I was reading some ancient posts from January where you guys tried to guess your baby's genders, and actually most of you were right!
#62 of 166 Old 06-28-2005, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

I'll have to go find that thread, Grace. I've been predicting boy all along...and Happy Due Date to you, Mama.

Happy one-month birthday to Elaina

Nancy, I'm sorry your mw wouldn't give you some reassurance. I didn't know you had lost two babies in a row I've been doing kick counts (drinking a big glass of cold water and laying on my left side to get baby moving) whenever I feel worried.

mockingbird, Happy Due Date to you, too. Bloody 'ell indeed.

So, after my really crampy night everything has pretty much stopped this morning. From 1am to 2am I had 4 surges that came every 10 minutes and really hurt and I got so damn excited! I was still crampy in the early morning hours..6am to 7am but now, nothing. I'm off to take a shower and go out and do something. I think we'll go to the party supply store because I thought I had pink and blue balloons but I don't. The kids colored a sign that says It's a Girl on one side and It's a Boy on the other for the front door and I want to attach some balloons to it, too, so all the neighbors will know when baby is born...sometime in August at this rate...
#63 of 166 Old 06-28-2005, 03:50 PM

Hang in there ladies! Pepper, your labor sounds just like mine! I don't want to call it prelabor cuz it those cramps do plenty of work! I bet you are effacing like crazy and your cervix is just getting ready for the big day! I will be checking on you :LOL
#64 of 166 Old 06-28-2005, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousmockngbrd
to everyone who feels like they need one. These last few days are hard.
:

I'm with all of you in spirit, if not on the boards as much as I would like. Am currently typing with one finger while Jean-Luc sleeps on my chest, jealous of the mamas who have mastered the art of NAK!!

BTW, thanks for all the kind words and congrats on the babe's arrival. Today is exactly 14 days!!!!!!
#65 of 166 Old 06-28-2005, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsaratea
well. i'm having my baby tomorrow. i know this b/c i am being induced.

i've been crying all afternoon. evidently low fluid, blah blah blah, fetal weight down (as if they know), blah blah.

i know there are some women out there who take the pit and go natural the rest of the way, but what are the chances it will be me? this whole domino effect of pit scares me. in fact, i wasn't scared of labor until now.

i had so many things i wanted to say on here about this but i can't even think straight.

oh and to top it off, the CNM on call is one of the ones i'm not thrilled with.

shoulder anyone?
Sheesh! I feel badly for not having logged on until today...I was standing in your shoes EXACTLY 2 weeks ago yesterday!!!!!! All I can say is don't underestimate yourself. I didn't think I had it in me to go drug-free with pit, but with an incredible support team, I just took one contraction at a time, and before I knew it, here he came!! I hope you have an equally positive experience. You will be in my thoughts until we get an update!!!!
#66 of 166 Old 06-28-2005, 05:15 PM

just wanted to say good luck to the rest of you waiting...

pepper- i have a feeling it will be really really soon for you (and you too grace)!
#67 of 166 Old 06-28-2005, 05:32 PM

is there some sort of correlation between being in the last stage of pregnancy, and children behaving terribly??!! cause i'm baffled - not to mention exhausted and grumpy... my kids are out of controllllllllllll!!!!!

i'm pretty sure i need to get out of the house alone tonight to try and regain some measure of sanity. this is stressing me out.
[/complaining]
#68 of 166 Old 06-28-2005, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

where is punkprincessmama? We haven't heard from her today.
#69 of 166 Old 06-28-2005, 08:02 PM

Punk pmama? Is she birthing?

Swedemom, you mean you're not swedish????? I have a lay mwife, and she doesn't schedule routine tests just cause you go over. I can't imagine the hassle!!
#70 of 166 Old 06-28-2005, 11:10 PM

Aubrey Willow Delaney was born head first in the water at home at 12:04 this morning (June 28th). She weighed 6 lbs 12 oz.

i am punkprincessmama's husband. she will get back with all the beautifull, wonderfull, amazing, super happy details, later.
#71 of 166 Old 06-28-2005, 11:18 PM

Hooray for PunkPrincessMama! What a beautiful name, and what a sweet dh to let us all know
I was felled with a plugged duct today, yuck. Had to spend the day in bed and dh came home early to keep me company. My mom took ds #1 for the afternoon, thank goodness. I'm hoping that all of my good rest will help and I'll be more myself again tomorrow....
And speaking of weight loss, according to the m/w I gained 48 pounds this pregnancy -- however, when I stepped on my home scale I discovered I now have 38 pound to lose! Doesn't seem fair -- surely the baby and the placenta and all that fluid weighed more than ten pounds?! Of course, nothing fits except my big old sweatpants that fit all through the pregnancy -- I'm embarrassed to say that a duster sounds really nice, like my husband's grandmother wears around the house (really, I'm not that old!).
#72 of 166 Old 06-28-2005, 11:46 PM

Yay PPM!!!!!! Wonderful news! And yeah, good dh! I don't know if my dh would have been able to figure it out lol!!!!

Meli--I'm so glad I didn't weigh myself during the pregnancy. I'm dying to get on the scale now but won't. I also considered weighing myself on one of the last days and having someone write it down so I could look later, but didn't do that either. What's interesting is that my belly is almost completely gone... even more interesting is I put on a pair of overalls that I wore just last month and they won't even button. Talk about FRUSTRATING. Maybe my hips grew apart during the birth. I dunno. I was hoping to put on my fat girl shorts but they won't zip up either. So it's probably another couple of weeks with elastic band shorts and the two pairs of maternity shorts I own that are now too big yet I need them.
But back to you--don't get discouraged. It takes time as you know. Try not to get on the scale again if you can help it. With my first pregnancy I gained about 40 pounds and it took probably 3 months to lose it. I was a surrogate though and didn't nurse so it may have taken a lot less time. Plus, 9 months to gain it, 9 months to lose it is the general rule although I hate that rule. With my son I gained about 30 and was down to my pre pregnancy weight in two weeks. I couldn't believe it. Gotta love boobie!!!
I better go and wake up the little one speaking of boobie. Boobie on the right is leaking so that means she needs to eat. Usually she wakes up shortly after leakage but she's been very sleepy the last two days. She's slightly jaundiced so I am thinking that's why...
Take care ladies!
Karen
#73 of 166 Old 06-29-2005, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter

I knew something was up with pprincess!

Hooray and congratulations, mama!! I can only imagine how thrilled you are to be holding sweet Aubrey right now Can't wait for the details of the birth.

Well, it's just you and me, nancy - from our due date, that is.

I'm still really crampy, surges are pretty strong but really sporadic - dh wanted me to call the doula but no way. My labors are long and there will be plenty of build up. I hope I am at least a few days away, though...All I want is a decent pattern. Just give me a pattern!

Grace, you out there? Update on the show, please since I have none at least it's fun to hear about yours.
#74 of 166 Old 06-29-2005, 12:04 AM

Well it will be my due date in about an hour! Wow! I just never thought I'd make it to my due date. I'm pretty sure no one in my family ever has. I thought I'd have a June baby, but it's just not looking like it. The only things that are going on is sometimes a lot of BH. And the last couple days I've had increased discharge which is kind of like egg whites but actually white, but not what I'm thinking the plug would be like. But I've never seen a mucus plug so I don't know! Not a tinge of pink anywhere though.

My feet are swollen for the first time tonight. What's up with that?

How many of us are left? I think I'm the only one who's not over my due date.
#75 of 166 Old 06-29-2005, 12:14 AM

Congratulations, punkprincessmama!

Someone asked about prenatal massage... it's just a massage geared specifically for pregnant women. She did some acupressure to try to align my pelvis, get the baby in a good position, etc. I guess it helped because I saw the midwife this afternoon and she said the baby is back to LOT (she was LOP). Yay!

Anyway, I have been having some stronger BH today too, though still no bloody good show. I feel like my body is gearing up, though - I think it will be soon. Hopefully that is not just wishful thinking.

Labor vibes to you all!
#76 of 166 Old 06-29-2005, 02:58 AM

good morning girls!
and yeah PPM!!

grace: hmm, no updates, hope your busy with labour

nowl: congrats to the overdue club

obanana: my dd is SO out of control, she is whiney and just.....not so fun to be around in the last week, i thought it was 'boredom' with having a mom who sits around way too much, but i dunno...maybe she is sceptical about a baby actually coming.

pepper: hope you get a pattern with those BH / cramps....any pattern is good at this point. thats really cute about the welcoming cards. you know we still dont have a name...not even a suggestion, then it hit me last night...we dont know if we are havbing a boy or girl. with DD we didnt know...but i FELT the whole time it was a girl, and didnt question, so i 'knew'

bmam: no im actually canadian, but moved here to live with my swedish partner 4 years ago.

i had lots of thick clear discharge last night....twice....but no bloody show... urghhhhh

so another day of waiting....chin up girl! hehehe
#77 of 166 Old 06-29-2005, 05:55 AM

Still waiting, and now husband is starting to panic and despair. What if something is wrong with the baby, he is worrying. We see the midwife tomorrow, will probably schedule an induction soon. Maybe for Monday to give him the chance to arrive on his own over the weekend, but my husband is so nervous today I am not sure he can wait.
#78 of 166 Old 06-29-2005, 09:02 AM

Yeah PPMamma!!!!! That was sweet of your husband to check in with us!
I'm going to try and show dh how to do stuff on here so he can give you guys a quick update too when the time comes...

Pepper--I was going to offer a trade: my show for your contractions. Yesterday I felt *great* all day with not even a twinge, and I am baffled that my show has been going on for so long now. It's not red anymore, but pink and lots of it. But all last night I was getting woken up with mild contractions, so we'll see. :

Roseberry, I'm sorry your dh is feeling the stress, hopefully the midwives can put his mind at ease.

Nightowl--Happy Due Date!!!

Last night dh and I went on a due-date-date to a nice restaurant...haven't done that in a really long time! It was the first time in I don't know how long that I changed out of my pj's and wore nice clothes. It felt really good to celebrate the long awaited day and then move on...and you should've seen the waitress's face when she asked how far along I was :LOL
Then we went to a friends house and stayed till late playing our favorite dorky board game, Settlers. We used to do that all the time before we all started having babies! I think it really helped distract me to get out and be normal.

Somehow I'm pretty sure that baby has majorly dropped: even dh thinks my tummy looks different. So come on baby!

Good luck to all!

--Grace
Due yesterday
#79 of 166 Old 06-29-2005, 09:27 AM

congratulations ppm!!! wondered where you were... - and thanks to your dh for the update!

s to you and your dh roseberry - hope your mw has some calming news for him (and you!)

grace - i got up this morning with the same "hm... looks different" thought about my prego belly... i'm hoping it's not just my anticipatory overactive imagination : i could use some activity just to reassure me that this is really going to happen soon... had a bh a bit ago, we'll see if it brought friends :LOL

nightowl - my feet got horribly swollen last night too!! my ankles looked like grapefruit - i had to soak them in a cold tub, and then sleep with 2 pillows under my feet. back to normal this morning - i just probably shouldn't sit without having them elevated for any length of time... that sucked a lot. sooo tight and uncomfortable. hope your swelling has subsided today!

i didn't end up getting out last night, but after dh got home things calmed down considerably - he made dinner, everyone ate their fill and then the kids got into bed. dh & i watched a movie and then hit bed too. **** working on that 'sex is helpful to labor' thing, but so far no results...
(well, none in the baby department, anyway... :LOL )
waiting waiting waiting! we're supposed to go to my il's tonight, along with my sibs and parents, for a dinner/swimming get-together, so that should be nice - as long as my drama-loving bil can stop being snarky to my dad - my folks have been in town since friday, and since then bil has caused at least 2 totally unecessary scenes, just being totally disrespectful and rude to my dad. if he pulls anything tonight, i think my restraint will just go. not what anyone needs right now... bleh.

at the moment, i'm just hoping it doesn't rain and confine us all indoors - i want to float in the pool! ahhh, relief from gravity and heat...

i'm sending us all strong labor vibes today - it's somebody else's turn... ppm got the 28th - who's going to go on the 29th? takers??
#80 of 166 Old 06-29-2005, 11:10 AM

:

Sounds like y'all might have some advice since you're over the limit!?

I was told "we'll induce on July 5th since you're a vbac" by my midwife on Monday & she wants to see me on Thurs to poke around & see if she can "get things going." The vbac had not one thing to do w/lateness. It was a misogynistic doc who did a vertical outer incision in 1991 bc babe was sunny side up. they felt his heartrate was dropping too much -labored 4 1/2 hrs after water broke just like w/1st babe, who came vaginally 6 hrs after water broke.

I'm now 1 cm dilated, 80% effaced -she said. Baby's in a good position. I'm comfortable -except for the carpal tunnel this whole month.

They insisted on u/s this past Mon as well. Babe's doing well, all tests like non-stress & u/s muscle tone, diaphragm movement, measurements were on par. actually rated as excellent.

SO, why the induced on the 5th threat AND what to do??

p.s. she recommended lots of intercourse & walking & castor oil. All of which I've done, incl a hike down through our woods. The castor oil did its thing but no real cramping or bother. The sex thing has become very un-erotic! My husband has been so sweet, though.

What's been the advice to all of you who are "late" like there can be an actual date, really?
#81 of 166 Old 06-29-2005, 12:35 PM

organic banana: If it does rain where you are just send it on over here. I've been hoping that it will be raining when I'm in labor because I really like rain and think it will be calming.
Hm...I'd take the 29th since it is my due date. But I don't think anything's happening.

It is so weird that it's my due date! I seriously didn't think I'd be pregnant on this day. My midwife kept saying, "First babies usually come late, so figure early July." But I always rolled my eyes to DH later and said the baby will come before the due date. : But hey...as I said before...I don't think anyone in my family has ever made it to their due date, so I assumed I wouldn't either. I wonder how many people will call today.
#82 of 166 Old 06-29-2005, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Hi, morning check-in

More prodromal, crampy stuff going on. Getting really annoyed by it. I was able to sleep fairly well but boy when those surges hit they require a bit of concentration to get through.

..be back soon..
#83 of 166 Old 06-29-2005, 01:31 PM

Hi Miababy!
That does seem frustrating that they are so set on inducing, but maybe it has more to do with insurance reasons and them being able to take "high-risk" pregnancies than any actual personal danger they think you're in going over. Sometimes that's the case and it's frustrating, but see if they can be more flexible and then there's always the don't-show-up for the induction thing...

And we all have ideas about going into labor, but if any of them worked very well none of us would still be here! :LOL

Ways I've heard of/tried:
longs walks
Evening Primrose Oil (orally/vaginally)
nipple stim (w/a pump or a nursling or your guy)
sex and/or orgasm
castor oil (I've heard pros and cons on this one)
blue/black cohosh (check with your provider first!)
crying alot
drinking a glass of wine (my personal fave )
and my dh's personal fave which I don't recommend because it didn't do a darn thing: bj's and swallowing! Something we can all thank Karen for

I can't think of any more at the moment...but like you said, the "date" thing is very over-rated and it's important to have the freedom to let our bodies do this on their own time...and being put on a "deadline" is very frustrating! On the other hand, being induced is not the worst thing that could happen and, not everyone, but many many people go on to have wonderful, empowering deliveries vaginally after being induced.
And I hear ya on the carpal tunnel: I had my 2 surgeries a couple years ago finally and they have been much better through this pregnancy than I expected, but it's NOT a fun pain.
Good luck!

Pepper-- : : this is for you!

--Grace
Due yesterday
#84 of 166 Old 06-29-2005, 02:36 PM

On my due date, we had both sets of parents, siblings, and my MIL's two best friends over for Father's Day. I was sitting at the dining room table, holding my daughter, when my mother said, "Hey Sha! Today's your due date!"

I said, "Yup, look out, we could have a baby at any minute!" :LOL

I soooooooo did not expect to go early. And I feel guilty for having gone early when there are so many of you guys who are still pregnant and waiting. Besides, I think I could have used that extra week of sleep :LOL

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#85 of 166 Old 06-29-2005, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsGrace
bj's and swallowing! Something we can all thank Karen for

oh, karen and her oral prostaglandins...

well ds2 is sleeping, ds1 is in his room absorbed in a book, and dd is with grandpa and nana tooling around on errands - it's so eerily quiet around here!
i should go take a nap, but somehow i feel guilty about not folding more of this stupid laundry - what is wrong with me??!! :LOL

nightowl - ooh that sounds nice. i'd like to labor in the rain too.. so long as it wasn't a thunderstorm. that could get me frazzled...
"ok... push! one...two... BOOOOOOMMM! uh... five... no - wait... three..."
when ds1 was born, dh was counting for me while i pushed, and got so actively involved that at about "six" he all of a sudden stopped, and was holding his breath and sympathy 'pushing' - i totally lost focus and panicked, just mentally unable to breathe again until he said "ten".
i thought i was going to pass out.

me: (still not breathing while i said) " *GRUNT* - what happened to seven???!!!"

come on june babies!!! out with you! :LOL
#86 of 166 Old 06-29-2005, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

I just don't know what to do with myself. I had surges at: 7:40a, 8:10a, 9:45a, 10:10a....and nothing since then - it's 11:05a.

So, it looked like a 30 minute-ish pattern but now it's fizzled. I'm crampy in between them still. I left a message on my doula's vm but what's the point? This could go on for days or worse yet, fizzle out completely and not become labor at all. I've been on the toilet 3 x's this morning (bm's) but really I attribute that to nerves more than anything else.

Still no show or plug. And yes, Grace--I'll trade some show for some of these contractions!

I have an appt tomorrow and I have to decide if I want an internal or not. I'm so curious what is happening but know that I'll be really upset if I'm 1 cm, 50% effaced or something lame like that at this point. I also have to schedule an NST

Hi miababy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by miababy
SO, why the induced on the 5th threat AND what to do??
What in the world gave your mw the idea that she was in charge of making your decisions for you? Your NST sounds EXCELLENT--you are doing well and baby is doing well, why induce? I would simply inquire to her, "What is the medical reason that you are suggestion induction and can you please go over the risks of induction?" Seriously, that ticks me off when care provides think they can tell you what you are going to do : I would honestly laugh in her face at the absurdity of that assumption.

Sorry, I am really cranky this morning

Happy due date NOwl. I hope you don't go too far past, each day gets a little harder.

I can't believe there is only 1 more day left in June. I'm having a July baby! Ha. Who would have thought?
#87 of 166 Old 06-29-2005, 03:10 PM

On my due date I was having annoying BH contractions ALL day! Then the next day I had a few and then nothing until the 21st! As we all know on the 22nd he was here!

OMG its so differant with your second baby. I don't get as annoyed with him as I did with DD. With DD I was annoyed that I had to get up and not sleep and this time I think I had expectations that he would be like her and hes breastfed in these early weeks (she wasn't until five weeks : ) and so he doesn't just stay up screaming he nurses. While it can be annoying and I find myself falling asleep atleast hes not screaming! Plus I just don't get all ugly about it I expect it! With DD no one could have prepared me for that! (on top of that I had the spinal headache for two weeks straight and I'm not exagerating!)

Other challenges are Ali wanting to "help!" Or When she has to pee and I'm feeding him! At first I was scared to death of this scenario but now I realize I pop him off take her to pee and then put him back on and we all live through the entire experience!

How are the rest of you mommas coping! It can be hard especially with your first (IMO) Well I better get going I want to get Ali's hair combed. I haven't managed to get anyone dressed much before noon this past week!

Pepper IMO you should get checked! I think you would be very surprised! All those contractions do something! Plus if they check you it could get things started! As much as you don't want to interfere I think it would be fun to know how great your doing!
#88 of 166 Old 06-29-2005, 03:14 PM

I've discovered that I have all my best contractions at night when I'm trying to sleep, and when I get up for the day they disapear. So maybe I will close all the curtains and pretend it's night time till they decide to stick around... :

Pepper, your contractions sound more exciting than mine, and I am thinking that this darn show is highly over-rated. Now I'm trying to remmember when it even started. Saturday? Sunday? And now it's Wednesday and it's still all leaky and pink! So if it makes you feel any better, you're not missing out on anything.
I've had my turn with the blood fairy, I want the contraction fairy to show up!

My cervix is still kinda far away, but it feels really odd, kind of like a bulging ball now, or a cone...maybe it has something to do with how low the baby has dropped? I can't tell dialation anymore, probably a good thing or I would have my fingers in there all the time!

--Grace
#89 of 166 Old 06-29-2005, 03:24 PM

Quote:
I can't tell dialation anymore, probably a good thing or I would have my fingers in there all the time!
#90 of 166 Old 06-29-2005, 04:11 PM

Quote:
I've discovered that I have all my best contractions at night when I'm trying to sleep, and when I get up for the day they disapear.
Me too. :

Pepper, sounds like it'll happen soon for you. I hope!

You know, when I first got pregnant I thought I was going to have a July baby. Then somewhere along the line I got sucked into believing in my due date. At this point I'm actually hoping maybe she'll wait until after the Fourth so we can all go to the fireworks together. (Not really.)

I told my DH I was having a lot of BH this morning, and when my mom called he *told* her that! "Oh, yeah, Jen said she thinks something may be happening, she feels all crampy!" Don't tell her that!! I'm getting enough phone calls asking me if I've had the baby yet, thank you very much!! I was like, "B., that was private information! I don't want you telling anyone I'm in labor unless I'm actually in the process of pushing the baby out!" I think he was scared. :LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page