June 26th - July 2nd, let's get this (bloody good) show on the road! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-29-2005, 05:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I also have my 'best' contractions at night, in fact tonight is the first nights its been so quiet in a while.
today we had another play date, i keep making plans and ppl say, well....you willl have your baby by then, but we make a date just in case...sure enough, i turn up
so i am having a july baby....wow, i was so stuck on june, i was convienced i would be early because i had so much contractions in the second trimester. oh well.

mammamia: sounds like you have the opposite problem to me..........im not sure why the want to do inductions, i know i was sceptical listening to moms in week 37 whose doctors were so easily convienced to induce. because the mom was uncomfortable, or the baby was big (all of 7 lbs) so they seem to have an agenda.

but if anyone finds any medical info on weeks 41 + pregnancy, id be interested to see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2005, 06:47 PM

Had my overdue appt with the back up OB to my homebirth MW this morning. sigh. She had me go to the hospital for a NST which came back just fine. Im 40w3d btw. She is also saying that they want to Induce before the 2 weeks past my due date happens. Altho she did mention my ability to sign a denial. Which I think we will do if all NST and Bio-physicals come back fine. I totally understand that with me doing a homebirth they have to be very sticky about the *norms* or whatever to be completely safe, but come on! My dates have been calculated by my first ultrasound which measured me at 16weeks. (2nd trimester U/S) and according to everything Ive read and everyone Ive asked that means there is a +/- 7-10 days on my due date. Plus I usually have big babies and I am measurening smaller right now, AND Im only dialated to 1cm which means its proberly going to be a few days anyway since Im one of those mamas that walks around dialated to 3-5cm before even going into labor. Im just getting really irritated at thier wanting to induce if I dont have this baby in the next week. She said Id have to do like every other day NST or something crazy like that if I refuse the induction. And she said that unless we have a way to prove different dates that they have to use the U/S dating. sigh. Geez. This is my 4th baby all my other 3 have been right in the same pattern so I dont see why this one would be different. What the heck is wrong with just waiting as long as baby is cking out fine!?! Please.... stress me out more would ya! I dotn even want to use the castor oil induction method. I just want baby to come when he is ready. Ofcourse IM ready...lol But its more important to me for a completely natural birth. So looks liek Im havign a July baby as well. Which is funny beacuse jsut liek a few of you have mentioned Ive been saying that I wasnt going to ahve this baby until early July anyway, I already thought they had my dates off. Anyway, Im sittting here still in the waiting game. to everyone else whos waiting as well. Hoep we all have babies soon...

BTW..... hasnt it been a bit for any of us to go into labor? Times up ladies... Someone needs to go tonight!
Old 06-29-2005, 06:58 PM

Hi ladies! I am on the poop watch with Abigail...we are on day 3 of NO POOP. I am so sad and frustrated with this, and Abby is totally uncomfortable.

Pepper and Grace - I will be lurking all day to check on you two so puhleeeze update with any changes! :LOL

Congrats Punkpincess!
Old 06-29-2005, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Well it seems like we really are all in the same boat, aren't we? It's nice to be able to commiserate with ladies who really know how this feels.

Angel, I'm glad you are finding your 2nd baby to be easier--I found that, too.

I feel better after a talk with my doula who thinks that I am in early labor. She said everything that is happening to me is totally normal and that my uterus is just gearing up. She also said that when it kicks in for real be prepared that it might go faster....THAT I will have to see to believe.

It's funny how we are all having more surges at night--something to do with more oxytocin produced at night combined with being more relaxed is why that happens (according to what I've read).

Nancy, I wish I had some links or something with real facts about pregnancies that go past 41 weeks...I do know that it's a myth that the placenta becomes less effective after 40 weeks (which is what one of my ob's tried to tell me ) In fact, I read somewhere that there is speculation that placental function is somehow related to when we actually go into labor--meaning that if it does start to decrease, that may be what triggers labor. So, maybe all us overdue gals are just super-healthy with incredibly powerful and healthy placentas!

I actually tried to check my cervix earlier : I had no idea what I was feeling for but it felt low (like I only had to go in to the knuckle to reach it) and I could easily get my finger through it. Does that sound right??????
Old 06-29-2005, 08:54 PM

Geez Pepper! Only a knuckle, huh? You should see the acrobatics I do to try and find mine...
And one finger is better than no finger...That's where I'm at too: one centimeter.
Early labor is better than no labor at all, I guess. My ob said the same thing about me on Monday and thought I might go in the next couple days, which hasn't happened yet. I love how I have a tendency to take doc's word as gospel even though I know better. :
It feels like our "labors" are on the same track, maybe we'll end up with the same birthdays for our babes!

Abigail: Pooping is fun! Give it a try!

--Grace
Old 06-29-2005, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsGrace
It feels like our "labors" are on the same track, maybe we'll end up with the same birthdays for our babes!
Wouldn't that be great!

So, that it's only a knuckle in does that mean it's anterior? I really should google this stuff.

After not much since 11am I suddenly became *really* crampy again around 2:30 and then...I've had four surges in a row 15 minutes apart that are hurting bad. One of them I had to lean against the dresser and moan and rock. But, still not getting too excited because usually after 4 or so like this they fizzle.

dh has the kids out in the pool and I'm cranking some old-school U2 - The Joshua Tree. It sounds powerful and I like it.

I'm probably going to drive everyone crazy with these silly updates that are amounting to nothing! oh well. it's a distraction for me, I guess.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:13 PM

Quote:
My cervix is still kinda far away, but it feels really odd, kind of like a bulging ball now, or a cone...maybe it has something to do with how low the baby has dropped? I can't tell dialation anymore, probably a good thing or I would have my fingers in there all the time!
Hard to tell of course, but it sounds like a bulging bag of forewater?? That's what mine felt like.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:48 PM

Thanks Patsgrace (no thanks Karen!)

Pepper, I'm amazed that I took it like an order. I had just told the midwife to talk to her nurse who told me I didn't have a choice as a vbac. I was pissed but then went ahead & nodded like an idiot when the midwife basically said the same thing, agreeing she had to talk to that nurse. Weirdly agreeing/disagreeing!?

Thought about this all day while walking anywhere airconditioned...Pepper's absolutely right! Don't have to keep the appt. I had my 5th u/s Mon 27th & all was well & then the NST later that day, so 7.11 -8.5 lbs stimated size, why worry?! Not even 1 wk late. We're all sick of waiting -I think- but that's bc of this date thing looming large.

I've been trying to find all the info I can about what the fear is after all for being post date esp if there isn't a prob w/the babe.

Thanks ladies for listening since I haven't posted here before.

My husband wanted a July babe for linear symmetry: he's April, 1st son (15 yr old) May, Me June, space here, 2nd son (14 yr old) August, SO I think it's all his doing. :LOL

Ah, maybe that's also the prob! I just turned 41...eek. I always forg :LOL t that. I feel great & haven't had any aches/pains other than the carpal.

Hey, pepper tell me a bit about this surgery?? Hoping carpal will disappear after the birth. your exp was not preg related?

ALSO one last thing -really - I freak a little during the times he chooses not to move around like usual. The moving around gives me the feeling that all's well.

hugs to all & many good thoughts for good births -any way that's good for you!!
Old 06-29-2005, 09:49 PM

It could be that, but I think it was the same way when I had my exam on Monday and she didn't seem to think it was anything that exciting.
However, part of me would *love* to have my water break at the start of labor, that part of me that wants something hard and concrete to hold onto and say: "this is labor" without all the guesswork. Not a very mature part of me :

Rock on, Pepper...I've been listening to Led Zepplin today...

--Grace
Old 06-29-2005, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

omg. huge amount of bloody show just happened.

i called the doula and she suggested calling the ob who wants me to come in to make sure it wasn't a placenta issue--there was a TON of blood. i almost thought my water broke.
ow huge friggin cx
ok will try to check in later
off to hospital
Old 06-29-2005, 11:16 PM

Whheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Pepper!! Hope this is it! Good luck birthing if so!
Old 06-29-2005, 11:26 PM

Oh wow Pepper~that's dramatic! Maybe it was your water breaking and bloody show at the same time? But it's not like you're checking this right now lol..
I will say a prayer for you and I'll be thinking of you until we hear from you again.
And if you get this, The Joshua Tree is one of my favorite albums of all time. It really is powerful. I can remember listening to it on my walkman and it brings back huge wonderful memories.
I also think Guns n Roses Appetite for Destruction is the best too, but I digress.
Here's to a big healthy baby and a happy healthy momma!!!!!
Karen
Old 06-29-2005, 11:56 PM

Pepper--our thoughts are with you!!! Good luck on a wonderful birth!
Old 06-30-2005, 12:22 AM

Oooh, Pepper, you go! Wishing you a speedy labor!
Old 06-30-2005, 12:26 AM

Pepper! Whoo hooo!!! I knew it would be any moment!! Typing 1 handed
Old 06-30-2005, 12:32 AM

Good luck Pepper!

Man...I can't reach my cervix. But I do have short fingers so...maybe that's the problem? I have an appt with my midwife tomorrow. Really didn't think I'd make it to that appt! Now I'm glad I had her check me last week because I want to know if there's any change. Last week I was 50% effaced, 1 to 2 centimeters dialated, and my cervix was pretty posterior. So...we'll see what it is tomorrow. Not that it means anything of course.

And I was wrong about something...someone in my family did go past their due date. My paternal grandmother had her first at 10 days past her due date. And I do take more after that side of the family. I don't want to go 10 days past! I would go insane! Can't even imagine. Eh...well this is just rambling now so I'll shush. :
Old 06-30-2005, 01:09 AM

good luck pepper - hope things go smoothly and well for you & the babe!
let us know how you're doing, mama!

nightowl - i can't really reach well either - it's gymnastic to try. i think i'm stilll at about 1-maybe 2cm... hard to gauge really. and i'm not the only one who's pretty sure the babe has dropped now - my mom was noticing a difference. i wish that meant something... :LOL
Old 06-30-2005, 05:28 AM

wow, thats was alot of activity to wake up to this morning!and both U2 and Led zepplin are excellent, i wanna go into labour music. Ive been listening to alot of tragically hip (canadian band) which reminds me of when i was 16 and full of life

Pat (hehe, sorry) Grace: i would really love the water breaking thing as well, im sick of false alarms, and feeling like an idiot when i get all excited, only afte 2 hours to realise...nope, nothing 8not to mention im wearing on my partners nerves i think)

nowl: im impressed by anyone that can find there own cervix...everything just feels so fleshy.

pepper: wow that was dramatic....ok, we are all waiting on knife edge, good labour vibes!!

miamommy: glad your feeling a bit better about the whole situation and more in control.

nbeauty: i know everyone talks of them, but what is a NST? im sure your feeling that this baby will follow same pattern as your others is correct.

well, im really crampy this morning, but now my partner is gone out for a few hours, so i hope nothing dramatic happens (hehe, my mom thinks im secreetly wishing this baby to stay inside due to fear of labour!)
check back later!

Nancy
Old 06-30-2005, 07:16 AM

Good luck, Pepper

Going to the midwife this morning, will probably be picking a date. My husband is really freaking out with worry. I feel like a marathon runner in a 500 yard dash. I don't know why the pace won't pick up. 10 days overdue, it's still not time to panic but even still.
Depressed.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:19 AM

nak

Roseberry -
Pepper -
Old 06-30-2005, 11:41 AM

roseberry - i hope your appt today is positive for you & dh!

i had another baby dream last night - and once again, it was a boy - i don't know what's up with that... according to both u/s, we're having a girl.
although it would pretty much nullify the name argument we've been having lately. with nothing else happening, it's a safe focus i guess
the weird part of the dream was that i was not only birthing, i was watching from the other end... and the baby was born *penis first*, and started peeing - for a minute, we couldn't figure out what was going on... verrrry weird.
i need to just go into labor - my dreams are getting freaky.

whole lotta nothing going on thus far this morning though - i'm just waiting anxiously to hear what's happened with pepper!!
Old 06-30-2005, 11:52 AM

: Yahoo Pepper. Enjoy the good vibes.

, miababy
Old 06-30-2005, 12:39 PM

Well No baby here yet either. My mom is in process of moving from Mountain Home, AR to here. So maybe baby is waiting for her to get here. So I guess I really am havign a July baby. Maybe I should go say hi over at the July board.

Roseberry- hope your apt goes well!

Swedemom- a NST is a non stress test. Its where they hook you up to a fetal heartrate monitor and a cx monitor. They monitor the babies movements and how the heart accelerates during them as an indication of fetal well being. (I think thats how it goes).

Pepper- Cant wait to hear the news!

OrganicBanana- I usually always have weird funky dreams when Im pregnant. And everytime I dream about the *baby* I dream of the opposite sex that it is?!?! Weird hu?

Speaking of music..... I got this CD from another online mama to use with my last birth but it came a day late so I never got to use it. Its *music to be born by* by Micky Heart. Anyone else ever heard of it? It has the fetal heart tones of his unborn son in the background. It sounds pretty rhythmic and calming. I wonder if I will like it during labor/delivery. Listening to it now and it seems pretty calming.

Sure wish i knew how to ck myself. I *think* i can reach my cervix but tis just all soft and squishy (i know i know TMI) so I cant really tell anything. Maybe Im not even reaching it. Who knows?
Old 06-30-2005, 12:53 PM

Back from the appointment. Going in tomorrow morning. Had a huge sweep, which I am still feeling, I suppose that is ok. Very stressful morning trying to get husband's head sorted as he is very depressed over the whole thing and fighting to turn around. I want tonight to be full of anticipation in a positive way, this is the last day I will be pregnant and the baby is coming tomorrow, but he is so down in the dumps it is very hard. This is so not how I had pictured things.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:52 PM

roseberry: big hugs on the stressful time right now. i hope you can focous on the good parts for tommorow! i was induced with DD and although i want to go natural this time, induction wasnt so bad as i still had a 'relatively' drug free birth. i hope your husbands comes around, does he feel better about the induction tommorow?

obanana: i havent actually known anyone who got a wrong U/s sex but have heard lots of stories, could happen, then again, my mom always dreamed i was a chicken when she delivered me..so i dont know how accurate they are dreams

nbeauty: yes, maybe we should just pop over to july, then we can be 'lucky early ones' heheh.

i had a real session today while shopping, and thought this is it.l..of course it wasnt, came home took a nap, and now everything is quiet, i will go out and bike again
Old 06-30-2005, 02:29 PM

Roseberry, I'm so sorry things aren't going as you would have hoped, and that your dh is having such a hard time

We haven't heard from Sara in a while, I wonder how her induction went!!!

And I'm still anxiously awaiting Pepper to check back in.

I am a little fed up with myself right now. From everything I have ever heard I thought for sure that bloody show was a better indicator of labor and I guess I just let my hopes get up. It started on Sunday, and for the past four days it's been going pretty strong. Today it seems to have totally let up, just lots of clear mucus now. Ugh. I wish I hadn't had any if it meant I would still be pregnant now! I'm starting to feel like my body has no clue what it's doing :
Dh and I went on a walk at 10:30 last night 'cause I was feeling so emotional and I basically cried the whole way and said nasty things about him which he just let roll off his back and then I apologized. I know you all know just how I feel, like you're not doing something right and that it's getting a little claustraphobic in your body! I've not been sleeping well and
I'M DONE WITH THIS!!!! Not that that gets me anywhere :

And I'm looking ahead to another contraction free day and thinking that I just want the pain to begin already!

--Grace
Due 2 days ago
Old 06-30-2005, 02:57 PM

I think I'm starting to lose my mucus plug. Not sure. TMI...a few bits/strands of clear/yellow mucus came out of me this morning. Different than anything I've had before.

And feeling a bit crampy and a bit of a backache this morning. And lots of contractions. It seems like they are more than BH, but not sure. Not really sure if it means anything. I'm looking forward to my appt this afternoon so we can see if I've made progress. DH said, "Maybe she'll tell us you're dilated to 6 centimeters." :LOL That would be great...6 centimeters and no pain. :LOL

I am a bit worried about the baby's position. I think he's OP, maybe LOP at best. But he hasn't been very active this morning with all these contractions so I'm not sure.

I'll check back in after my appt!
Old 06-30-2005, 03:09 PM

maybe today pepper? Or early tomorrow am! I don't think you'll make it much longer!
Old 06-30-2005, 09:43 PM

Hmmmm ... where is everybody? From my watch, it's been six or so hours since anyone has posted -- is that possible? Is everyone in labor?!!
Old 06-30-2005, 10:01 PM

Not me!

User Tag List