June 26th - July 2nd, let's get this (bloody good) show on the road! - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#151 of 166 Old 07-02-2005, 07:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow sounds like lots of babies will be arriving soon!! mockingbird, Grace, Nancy - good luck to you all! Can't wait to hear your birth stories!
#152 of 166 Old 07-02-2005, 09:32 AM

Go Swedemom!

Go Grace!

All these wonderful babies. Every one of them will have been worth the grueling wait!!

Happy labor vibes to all of the popping mamas!
#153 of 166 Old 07-02-2005, 09:46 AM

Congrats to the laboring mamas! You will be holding your babies soon!

Im still preg. And still no signs. Hubby has been gettign quite a bit of action lately hopeing that would start something... : ~blush~ But so far nothing.

Anyone else still preg or am I the last over due June mama at 40w 6d?

On a side note. Ive been taking this antibiotic for my tooth and while my tooth hurts less now and Im not needing to take so many tylenol Im getting HORRIBLE heartburn from the meds. HORRIBLE. And the bottle says not to lay down for at least 30 minutes after taking them. But they are an every 6 hr medication... Um... okay.. So I have to get up in the middle of the night and take one and then stay up for a half hr? Then try to go back to sleep? thats been working well. I havnt been getting up to take the dose at 6hrs at night Ive been waiting until Im up for the morning which is usually 7.5 to 8 hrs. Best I can do. Oh heartburn GO away!
#154 of 166 Old 07-02-2005, 02:05 PM

Grace- ME TOO!

about 5-6 min apart (start to start) since 9 a.m. today July 2nd will bethe day.

painful but I wandered in the garden, toook a shower, took a bath, had a half glass of Riesling -bought last night to bring on labor as midwife suggested but I fell asleep w/out trying it.

Now I can't sit still, cleaned up a bit, swept, doing this, what to do next!?

When to go to the hospital, when to call the midwife, after I finish listening to T.S.Eliot read Prufrock from our Napster file...been listening to Luther Vandross -he died yesterday.

this should get exciting soon but for now it's just real painful for about 30 seconds.
#155 of 166 Old 07-02-2005, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Hi June Mamas

wow, I just quickly read through the posts and what an exciting last few days it's been. I'm so happy for everyone who is in labor right now. Yay!

I had a bit of a scary experience with that blood gush that started my labor. It turned out that I had a partal placental abruption. A very small part of my placenta had separated from the uterine wall which was causing me to lose lots of blood. THe good news was that we knew the baby was fine throughout the whole labor--heart rate was steady and strong so even though I was losing blood, she was fine. There was concern that the whole placenta would abrupt but we were thinking positively and were at the hospital if anything were to happen we could deal with it.

I'll have to type up the whole birth story soon but honestly it was incredibly positive and empowering. I wore my bikini top and my birth skirt and felt so strong and able to handle all the contractions (until the end but isn't that always the way it is! lol). I never got one internal the whole time (until the very end) except upon check-in which revealed I was 2 cm and 80%. I had an *amazing* doula and my favorite midwife who surrounded me with empowering female energy and we rocked that labor!!

This is probably all scattered and I need to get back to the couch as I am still bleeding fairly heavily - they estimated I lost 1100 cc's (?) of blood so I'm pretty weak and pale but otherwise healing appropriately. I can't believe I had a girl!! We really thought it was a boy but she is so beautiful and perfect and a total nursing champ. Oh, her name is Clare Avalon and she was 8.10 lbs.

I hope I'm not forgetting anything! I"m sure I am.

I can't wait to check back in and here about the other babies born
#156 of 166 Old 07-02-2005, 05:29 PM

Welcome Little Baby Clare!

Well Done, Pepper!

Beautiful name.
#157 of 166 Old 07-02-2005, 06:52 PM

nak

love the name clare avalon, pepper, glad to hear you're both ok.

good luck laboring miababy!!
#158 of 166 Old 07-02-2005, 06:53 PM

Pepper, I'm so glad to hear from you, and glad that everything turned out ok. I have to admit I was worried about you after that blood gush. I love her name, and I can't wait to see pictures! Congratulations to you, mama, here's to speedy healing and eating lots of iron-rich foods to get up to par again
#159 of 166 Old 07-02-2005, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

nak

thanks,mamas.

emmy, i thought of you several times during my labor because i went thru dozens of those mesh panties to keep the pads on. I had some quiet smiles to myself...lol
#160 of 166 Old 07-02-2005, 09:04 PM

Welcome Clare!!
#161 of 166 Old 07-02-2005, 09:25 PM

Congratulations, Pepper - I love the name Clare Avalon.

Good luck, miamom and Pat'sGrace! I hope these babes are easy on us!

As for me - started getting surges last night around 1 AM. They have been hanging around with varying frequency and intensity all day but now finally they seem to be getting down to business - about 30 - 45 seconds long and 5 minutes apart, for a few hours now. And man, these SOBs hurt! Is this supposed to *hurt*?? :LOL We're getting ready to blow up the pool, I think that will help.

Wishing us all peaceful labor vibes -
#162 of 166 Old 07-02-2005, 11:02 PM

good grief - is everyone going to go at once??! :LOL

congratulations pepper!!! so glad everything was ok after the abruption! - and welcome to little clare

go grace!!! and nancy!!! and miamom!!! and famousmockngbird!!!

are there any labor vibes left over for naturalbeauty and me??!! send them to us!
i'm still just hanging around... went to the il's pool and hung around there earlier. dh & the kids swam while i looked at old photos and just relaxxxxxed. it was nice, but i am ungrateful and impatient
dh went to a party at a friend's house tonight, and he better not do anything really stupid, like get buzzed, or just not come home... i will kill him right out. i love being home alone... overdue... with three children who still aren't sleeping although they should have been about 2 hours ago. he bought me crab legs as a bribe... bugger. where's my flaming chocolate??? i hope he gets home soon so i can sleep easy. seeing as how i think that's all i'll be doing tonight, as opposed to laboring. ah, well...

enough of my griping - i don't think there's anyone around to see it anyway!!! :LOL :LOL :LOL

go birthing mamas! may your labors be gentle and beautiful!!!
check in with us as soon as you can!
#163 of 166 Old 07-02-2005, 11:03 PM

Congratulations, Pepper!!

And go go go all you laboring mamas

nak (with my new Maya Wrap!)
#164 of 166 Old 07-02-2005, 11:49 PM

OrganicBanana! I doubt Ill be doing anythign but sleeping myself tonight as well. I think this little guy wants to make a dramatic entrance and coem on the 4th. You know.... declareing his indipendance from me! hahaha. Wow so many mamas in labor all at the same time! How cool! Cant wait to join you! Until then I am just going to do more organizing and unpacking in the house. (We just closed and moved in on the 8th of June so still have lots left to do)

Jamie
#165 of 166 Old 07-03-2005, 01:28 PM

O banana and Natural Beauty....I promise no one has ever stayed pregnant forever! That's what I told myself when I went over due.
#166 of 166 Old 07-03-2005, 07:03 PM

Well I am still here and still preg. BUT..... I did have my first *show* today. Passed a bit of eggy mucus earlier today. FINALLY... something. Altho not alot and not pink or red tinged. But mucus all the same. I think this baby wants to make a dramatic entrance and come on the 4th. Or maybe he is jsut too comfortable! lol. Organic you still here or are you laboring now too?

Jamie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page