july 3rd - 9th... the weekly saga continues - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 149 Old 07-11-2005, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Angel--they archive the older due date clubs so you can still read them, but they are not for active posting. Once the whole birthing phase is over I think they like you to move on to the next forum, life with a babe.
#122 of 149 Old 07-11-2005, 04:18 PM

Angel - that is exactly what is happening with my milk too. I think the choking from letdown is the signifigant sign of overactive mer or letdown. I don't pump - that is such a hassle. Maybe I am lazy...

ohhh baby awakens. I take her off when I have letdown if she seems overwhelmed and catch the milk in a cloth diaper (cpf) then put her back on. Its not great, she gets pretty annoyed but its better than her choking and swallowing air.
#123 of 149 Old 07-11-2005, 04:37 PM

My 6 week pp appointment with my MW is tomorrow. Don't tell DH but I'm kind of hoping she doesn't get me the okay for sex. I know I'm healed down there, but the skin feels really tight.
#124 of 149 Old 07-11-2005, 07:48 PM

oh no, Sharon, your period already?! Are you sure it's not just extra bleeding from increased activity? That is just WAY too soon, mama! No fair for you

So, they will shut our ddc club down soon? Wah!

Maybe someone can start a thread in Life with a Babe and we can try and get used to it - it will seem so weird not to come here, though. It's been 9 months of our home..

Grace, good grief, 15 stitches? ouchie - you poor thing. I had a 2nd-3rd degree episiotomy with my first babe - not sure how many stitches, maybe 7 or 8? It hurt like heck for weeks and weeks. I also had bad hemmorhoids so I sat on one of those plastic pillow things for weeks - what a sad sack I was.

oh darn, baby fussing. be back soon
#125 of 149 Old 07-11-2005, 08:26 PM

It's definitely my period. At least it's light. :LOL But, all my normal menstrual issues are back, too...migraines, nausea, cramps from the Underworld I was hoping at least some of that would go away post partum.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#126 of 149 Old 07-11-2005, 08:46 PM

Yup, 15. It's not a long tear, but i guess it's deep? She said she did 3 layers...
And 4 hours of pushing, but no hemmies! At least i lucked out with something!
#127 of 149 Old 07-11-2005, 09:01 PM

Big hugs to Grace and Sharon -- different problems "down there" but unfortunate all the same!

I saw a friend today who is due in early August -- she is SO just where we were just a couple of weeks ago! Desperate to give birth, looking for labor symptoms, etc. I agree with Pepper's earlier post about it all fading into oblivion so quickly -- despite our ups and downs over here it's still becoming quite routine awfully fast. I haven't finished fleshing out my birth story yet, and feel I need to quick before I forget it all!

I have to tell you how much I love my new Maya Wrap. I have an Over the Shoulder Baby Holder that I used with ds #1, but the Maya Wrap really does work better, although it is slightly tricker to get the hang of. Highly recommended! Nursing with no hands at all!

Now that I have (size 18!) shorts that fit, I've sent dh out for another hot fudge sundae (my first postpartum) -- everything in moderation, right?
#128 of 149 Old 07-11-2005, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsGrace
And 4 hours of pushing, but no hemmies! At least i lucked out with something!
SO not fair! Why oh why am I cursed with those damn things : They are almost gone, though, and hopefully will NEVER EVER EVER return. I banish you, hemmies! Be gone!

Melissa, I'm half-way through with my birth story--just need to find the two-handed typing time. I hope you enjoyed your well-deserved ice-cream treat!

Must report a Starbucks indulgence today: Grande Tazo chai iced tea. Simply heaven in a cup
#129 of 149 Old 07-11-2005, 11:05 PM

Baby sleeping and thought I would go over some bills. Yuck what a mistake. Figure I will slip into denial and see what's going on over here. I didn't get me period back for almost 2 years last time, but this time dd doesn't nurse the same and i am wondering if it will be a lot sooner this time.

MIL is here and rather annoying me. She isn't bad, I guess...just a lot older than my parents so it's hard for me to relate. We went to lunch, she offered to take us (me and the two kids) then she proceeded to go over the bill with a fine tooth comb for 15 minutes. I could tell she was totally irritated that I added cheese to my veggie burger (an extra .99) and as usual she left a less than 10 percent tip. Ugg. I wish I had cash with me I would have snuck back. I was a waitress a lifetime ago and I know how hard it is, I always tip well.

I can't believe the babies are all here! It was only a month ago that things were just getting started!
#130 of 149 Old 07-11-2005, 11:45 PM

Raina, I'm wondering that, too. Sammy nursed 24 hours a day. She was very high needs, and wanted to nurse ferociously all the time. After she was done eating, she wouldn't latch off for sometimes hours. Cullen isn't like that--he pulls off almost immediately after eating. I didn't have a period for 2 years with Sam, I'm not anticipating that this time.

Cullen has been really easy to put down the last couple nights. I found out by accident--I went to lay down in bed with him last night, and Sammy really needed me (if you want to know the story, go here: http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...d.php?t=312739 ). He had nursed right before, so I just lay down with him, he was almost asleep (eyes closed, but he was still fidgeting and flailing around). I lay with him for a couple minutes, and was about to put him back on the boob, and whammo--he fell asleep! Tonight, I lay down with him, he popped off, did his little baby aerobics, and then just passed out. I feel like I'm cheating
#131 of 149 Old 07-12-2005, 02:17 AM

elaina has been hard to get to sleep the past few nights - usually she'll nurse and then go right to sleep whenever we go to bed. but these past few nights, nope. i think her 'schedule' is messed up - i've been putting her in the mei tai and bouncing on the birth ball during her fussy time to not have to go through that, which works like a charm, she snoozes away, then wakes up and eats well, then a few hours later at bedtime she'll nurse a little, but not much. and none of the old standbys (rocking, bouncy chair, nursing) will put her to sleep.. she'll drift off but only stay asleep a few minutes then return to being wide awake. the only thing that works is... putting her in the mei tai and bouncing her. In fact that's the only place she's really slept in the past few days, in the mei tai, or wherever i put her down after taking her out of it. so i'm wondering if i've screwed up, using the mei tai to circumvent fussy time... usually we walk her around outside to soothe her. she's awake then but doesn't cry. so i guess i've messed up her sleep/eating routine? I don't know. I'm tired. Bouncing her in the mei tai right now. *sigh* hope you other mamas are getting some rest right now.

Emmy I'm sorry to hear about sam's troubles... I hope you figure something out but I have no advice.

I have a hemmie. (heh I'm never going to look at those dodge comercials the same way...) It sucks. Makes bms painful.

I had my 6wks pp appointment on friday - everything looks good! I'm bleeding again tho:\ no menstrual symptoms so I don't think it's that. CNM got on to us for having unprotected sex : so I picked up some condoms. not that those did much good before but these have spermicide this time... the ones we used when elaina was conceived did not as i read it could mess up your cervical fluid, which is no good when you're charting that! Still haven't decided about whether or not i want to get an IUD... i don't want heavy periods but I'm worried about the hormones in the mirena. i think the bcp contributed a lot to the depression i felt in the past few years - going off the pill had the same mind-lightening/clearing effect that going on antidepressents did. : anyhoo the things that can go wrong with an iud are scaring me a bit too...

I babble a lot when I'm tired, oooooh how I wish this baby would go to sleep!!
#132 of 149 Old 07-12-2005, 12:41 PM

Fey, I had a rough night last night, too. Clare pretty much slept *all day* yesterday so I was worried that night time would be a challenge and yep, it was. She would not settle down - nursing was not working at all as she had major spit ups 3 times, all over me, all over her, the boppy...I went through 7 - SEVEN! - cloth diapers in my attempts to mop up the sour, semi-curdled milky that went everywhere. The poor baby even had milk coming out her nose

So, we tried getting her down from 9:30p to 1:30a. NOT FUN. As some of you have mentioned, she also has a really different nursing style than my first two who would just nurse and nurse non-stop, always falling asleep at the breast. She will nurse for a few minutes then pull off and try to sleep. My first pp period with dd1 was at 2 years, too, so I wonder if my cycle will return sooner because of the different nursing style.

Fey, I wouldn't worry too much about getting Elaina to sleep in the sling - or any other way - she's still so young and any way that comforts her or gets her to sleep is ok. At this point, it's whatever works, imo. Sorry to hear of your bum troubles - hope it goes away quickly for you. Witch hazel pads work well and feel soothing.

Oh, here's a thought on those sleepless nights when baby is fussing and crying and nothing will settle him/her down...think of it like natural childbirth. Take it one contraction/hour at a time. Once you get through one hour / one night, you'll never have to revisit that night again. It's over and you move on - it becomes a memory. Honestly, these nights will pass so quickly and before you know it you'll have a toddler and will be reminiscing about these newborn days....but by then you'll probably be pregnant again and dealing with all-day morning sickness and this will seem like a walk in the park! :LOL

and when the sun rises there's always
#133 of 149 Old 07-12-2005, 12:47 PM

Emmy, I'm sorry to hear of your dd's sad feelings. Have you ever read The Highly Sensitive Child : Helping Our Children Thrive When the World Overwhelms Them ?

My ds has many traits mentioned in that book (as do I). I would be more than happy to mail it to you if you'd like to borrow it (or amazon has some used for under $10). It sounds like she is a really special little girl who feels things very strongly - that's actually a wonderful thing but can be overwhelming, too.
#134 of 149 Old 07-12-2005, 12:53 PM

Pepper......do you do dairy products??? Ds's spitup only stinks when I sneak(both kids are allergic dairy)

If she is spitting that much and it smells rotten........maybe it's sopmething in your diet?? It always is for us!!
#135 of 149 Old 07-12-2005, 01:00 PM

Not really, bama, although I did have a little bit of chocolate ice cream yesterday afternoon. I think the spit ups were just due to me having tons of milk because she slept all day yesterday and nursing her too much in my attempts to get her to go to sleep.

Who knows?

I don't even want to think about eliminating things from my diet. I think unless a baby has a real allergy ( that would manifest itself in other ways ie: rash, bad looking poops, major fussiness or gas, etc.) that everything in moderation is ok.

I'm hopeful tonight will be better. I'm going to try and keep her awake more today. Honestly, she was only awake for about an hour yesterday. It was craziness!
#136 of 149 Old 07-12-2005, 01:11 PM
mcs

hello to everybody- I read almost everyday, but by the time I am finished and start to write replies, I need to run. Sorry for that. Almost Fey- we seem to be in the same boat. Eisa is sleeping right now by herself in our bed. It is the morning miracle. She will not sleep for more than maybe 15 min. by herself and the evening "fussy" times seem to be getting worse. It is true that sometimes she doesn't cry too much, but then the next evening, when she does- it is just truly awful. what I wonder is does she have evening colic? Is it just normal baby tired time? Is she considered "high needs?" Sometimes she does seem to be pained, but I just can't tell for sure, b/c then she will forget for a few min or half an hour or so. We do the bouncy ball, the sling for long walks, the car, holding her like a flag person in the marching band while singing a french lullabye (she really seems to like only this song- I don't even know what I am saying,) a bath, the I Love You massage, massage before the crying time, pumping her little legs, burping a lot, and now I have quit milk for a few days. When rereading all of that, it seems like I probably just wear her out, but I don't do each of them all of the time- just things that we have tried. So, another idea is that she is gulping air when she eats and cries and now she seems to be gulping air even when she is eating happily. Oh, I just don't know. I am exhausted- I feel like if she is "high needs" it would be nice to name it that for my peace of motherhood (I can make it, I can make it) mind, but I am also wary of handing out lables of any sort to my children. My brother was a holy nightmare from infancy on- this is the story of his life as told by my mother. Nobody has ever had a baby as bad bad bad and hard as he was. She reapets this any chance that she can- and I will tell you the result- he is not so plesent to be around now. I dont' think that I would really let her kind of sadness take me over and neither would I make one hundred other parenting choices that my parents did, but it is just an ugly idea in my head- a bad start for her sweet life. And my mom has been talking about eisa in these terms since before her birth b/c she was so active in the womb and so forth. So, I also dont' want to "have it her way." So here I am, probably just having a bad day- the kind that you always hear about as a new mother, but can't believe until it gets you. When she wakes up and smiles (which I should mention that she also does quite a bit of when the conditions are laid just right) I know that the bags under my eyes will be held up by the new muscles in my bouncing arms and I will surely forget it all. thanks for letting me go on so long.
now- Sharron Anne- this is terrible with your period! Not fair at all. We still haven't figured out what to do about birth control, but are really looking forward to next week (#6) I always feel like if some people get, lets say a hard labor, then maybe something else will go more in their favor- the same for something like this- maybe you will be the only one of us who won't be pregnant in the next year! Just joking everyone! (no, sharron anne, i am not joking) Yes, everyone, I am, I am...

Melissa- Your first ice cream?! You certinly do deserve it! It is summer time afterall.

Bamamom- I wanted to tell you that I made up a pop lullabye that remindes me of you when I sing it- it goes "tra-lalala-la-laal bamarama tra-lalala-la gypsy split tra-lalala-la...."
And some more nonsense from there.

Emmy-I tried to read about sammy, but it wouldn't let me in. I hope that all is ok.

I am sure that I am forgeting other things that I wanted to say, but I think that this is long enough as is.
I can't beleive that she is still sleeping!
mcs

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#137 of 149 Old 07-12-2005, 01:16 PM
mcs

well, while I took forever writing that post, so many other people wrote- maybe it is this hurricane keeping our babies so wired or tired or spitting up. I am not happy that other people are having rough times, but it is so nice to not be alone in these new waters. I am thankful for all of you. mcs

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#138 of 149 Old 07-12-2005, 01:25 PM

I cut dairy out of my diet when Elaina was about two weeks old and her evening fussy periods started. I was allergic to milk as a child, as was my little brother. It didn't seem to have an effect on 'fussy time', tho I thought maybe she was less cranky during the day... I've had yogurt a few times since then and she was gassier. Then last friday we went out for pizza with my parents and I had cheese (omg it was good, so good....) and during fussy time that night, a fwe hours after the pizza, she SCREAMED and SCREAMED and not even walking outside would console her as it usually does. So no more dairy for us!!

That means none of you can talk about ice cream, cause i miss it so! we got some rice dream ice cream, but that's just not the same....
#139 of 149 Old 07-12-2005, 01:59 PM

Sharon anne don't feel bad about getting your period back I still haven't even stopped PP bleeding! I am getting sick of it! Seems like its been a while doesn't it! 3weeks?! TMI WARNING! With DD I had her on the oct 10th and had relations with DH on Halloweeen! (it was a little uncomfortable!) Doesn't look like thats in the cards this time! Thank heavens but come one I could just tell him I'm still bleeding!

DS slept okay last night but wouldn't that figure! DD was gone with her nani overnight so I could take advantage of sleeping all day! Funny how that goes huh! We found that he likes the sling. We have an infantino one its okay but I have to hold the fabric off his face! Do you all have to do that?

I emailed the yahoo groups so what happens now? When do we get booted?

Well I am going to get going because the landlord is trying to sell our house and has two showings tomorrow. I am not terriably pleased! They have asked us to leave and I told them I would not be able to as I have a brand new baby and a two year old and we have one car. So now I have to clean things that haven't been cleaned in three weeks!

I will talk with you all later! I hope everyone has sleepy sleepy infants tonight!
#140 of 149 Old 07-12-2005, 02:27 PM

still bleeding too........

I actually had retained placenta, which is truly weird since we didnt touch it at all,, it came out on its own. The retained peice just came out on its own, after three and a half weeks!! Yuk!! It was gross!

I am so glad you all are here.........(sappy sobs )
#141 of 149 Old 07-12-2005, 03:33 PM

nak, and have to run to do stuff in the garden, but Pepper--I don't have that book. Thanks for the recommedation, I will grab it from AZ.com
#142 of 149 Old 07-12-2005, 04:43 PM

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with pp bleeding still. Just enough to be annoying and it it only happens once a day, but at a random time.

I am so sore today. I blame the mean athletic trainer that made my group of postpartum moms do lunges yesterday. I have a pp exercise class twice a week that I'm trying to attend. Those 1st 20 pounds were easy. Now it's the other 20.

I'm trying to get my house ready for baptism this Sunday. I can't believe how much of the food I'm getting already prepared, but there is just not enough time in the day.

Michelle
nak

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#143 of 149 Old 07-12-2005, 10:14 PM

I'm enjoying reading about everyone's life postpartum.

Emmy - my DS has had a difficult time adjusting, too. I feel so bad for him. It was really bad for a week or so - lots of hitting, crying, tantrums, etc. Now that I am feeling better and things have settled down some, he seems to be getting better. I have been trying to spend as much time with him as possible and be extra patient with him. He is very sweet to his little sister, though. It's us he has a problem with.

OK, are you all ready for this - I have a hemmie, in my vagina. : It is so sore and uncomfortable. I sincerely hope it goes away, *soon*.

I went out today for the first time with the two kids, by myself. It was scary but it went fine, Madeline slept the whole time. We went to the library because I thought it would be easy to find a private corner to nurse her in if I needed to. I have to say that my life would be a whole lot less complicated if people's attitude toward NIP was a little more enlightened, yk? I am dreading going to the grocery store.

Oh, and the midwife came by the house today for a pp checkup and weighed Maddie - she has gained a pound in a week! Yowza! I think I must have the world's fattiest breastmilk, lol.

Take care, mamas -
Jen
#144 of 149 Old 07-12-2005, 11:56 PM

I know this is bad to say and I feel sorry for everyone with hemmies... but man I'm glad I'm not the only one. Mine actually appeared a day or two before the birth and hurt so bad because with all the ctx I was going to the bathroom so much. Hasn't stopped hurting either...

I started using the oil formula sold at amoils and it seems to be doing the trick. Probably something like that is only necessary for someone with a really bad problem that won't go away. Mine just wasn't going away. I've also had to up my fibre intake (even though I'm a freaking vegetarian that eats at least 10 fruits and veggies a day and drinks tons of water... I don't understand!! ).

Oh, Istra calls...
#145 of 149 Old 07-13-2005, 12:14 AM

Thank God no hemmies here, but I do have sharp shooting pains from time to time in my private region. Also still bleeding, skin is so raw, even when wearing mama pads. Oh fun
#146 of 149 Old 07-13-2005, 12:20 AM

2-3 more weeks of winter. Sorry, DH. I'm still not cleared for sex because my torn tissues needs to heal a little more. Oh, and I now have a hemmie too! How could you get one 4-5 weeks after you have a baby?!?!? At least I can put the witch hazel I bought to use.
#147 of 149 Old 07-13-2005, 09:15 AM

Jen, : on that misplaced hemmie!!
Hemmies are one pregnancy perk I can thankfully say I've never had.
But, add me to the still bleeding club. It's over a month now, seriously, can we get on with it already?
#148 of 149 Old 07-13-2005, 01:23 PM

Sorry to hear of all the hemmies around here. Thankfully mine are almost gone completely. I do recall them appearing in the year after both my previous births on occasion so don't be surprised if they come back now and then. I think they are genetic because I eat a fiber-rich vegetarian diet, too, and my mom had them, too. Oh well.

MUCH better night last night. Asleep by 9:30p til 3:30a then back to sleep from 4am to 8am. I feel like a new woman.

A couple days ago we took Clare to her well baby visit (she gained 1 lb 2 ozs. in a week!) -my older two stayed home with Grandma- and then dh and I went out to lunch with her - it was amazing. She slept in the sling the whole time and we could actually talk uninterrupted. What a concept! I walked a ton, though, and started bleeding like crazy. It sucks because I feel so good and cannot wait to get back to normal physical activity but obviously my body is saying slow down....so, I need to respect that.

I bled for 6 weeks postpartum with baby #1 and 4-1/2 weeks for baby #2, so I assume it will be about the same this time - maybe more since I had such horrendous bleeding with my placental abruption ?

So, what do you think - is someone brave enough to start a thread in Life With a Babe? Oh heck, I'll do it.

I'll be back with a link to it - this is SO weird but it's time to move on...
#149 of 149 Old 07-13-2005, 01:29 PM

Ok, I started it. Yikes! Click here:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...01#post3449501

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page