For the love of God--don't go near other babies!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-05-2005, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:LOL
My sister brought the baby home today and we went to visit. The poor kid was crying the whole time and each time I went near him or was in ear shot my milk let down. This had to be like at least 3 times. Then my daughter wanted to eat about 3 times while we were there, so that's what, 6 let downs!?!?!? I hope that made me lose a couple of pounds lol...
Anyway I just pumped and got about 5 oz which is actually a lot for me. Usually when I pump, even when engorged, I am only getting an ounce and a half from each breast.
I'm tired now. Must go sleep.
Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2005, 01:25 AM

HAH!
When Samantha was about 5 months old, I was working a few hours a week. One day, I was coming home on the subway, and I hadn't pumped because I was only at work for a couple hours. Well, I was pretty engorged already, and then got held up on the train for over an HOUR, because there was a Red Sox game that I had totally forgotten about (this is when I lived in the city still). I'm on the train, knowing I am in a precarious boob situation, and getting frustrated because we are not moving. I felt that ever-familiar tingle, had my arms crossed trying to put pressure on them, but just as they were about to overflow, a baby started crying on the train and that was that--I call it "The Exploding Boobies" incident. I was literally soaked. Soaked through breast pads, a bra, and a thin tank top. I had these two giant wet spots over my chest, and it could be none more obvious--and at that point, I can't say I cared :
Old 07-05-2005, 03:01 PM

was a week old, I was making color photocopies of a collage of his first pictures to send to friends and family. As I was about to pay the clerk for the copies, I made the mistake of looking at the pictures, and thinking, "he's so cute!" Then gush, a totally soaked shirt, and a stunned clerk handing me back my change. :LOL

User Tag List