Intro - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-28-2004, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah! A July expecting board up! My name is Emily and I am due the 4th of July. How funny is that? I got a positive test a week ago. I had hyperemesis (severe nausea and vomitting) with daughter 4 years ago so it has taken a lot of faith to get pg again. But I am so excited. I am already on medications to help so maybe this time it won't be so bad (95% recurrence rate with hyperemesis bleh).

Have you all been telling people yet? We have told several people. I guess because I am not really worried about miscarriage nearly as much as facing hyperemesis again and I need family support early on.

Anyhow, it is just so exciting to be here!

Edited to add: lol I guess I can say a little bit more! I had my first baby in Portland, Oregon. I started off with a midwife and due to complications with HG (hyperemesis gravidarium) switched to a perinatologist at 18 weeks. I ended up being induced after being dilated to 4 cm for two weeks. Had to have an epidural and suffered 4th degree tearing delivering a nearly 10 lb baby!

So, I had since moved and really wanted to go back to a midwife. I found the most awesome midwife and coincidentally, she worked with my peri from Portland several years back. So, I am so excited to get good care for HG BUT also get a supportive environment for the type of pregnancy/birth I want. I had my first appt with her Monday (because of the HG). If all goes really well, I won't have to see her for 4 weeks! Yippee! I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Emily
Mom to Gwendolyn 8-20-01
and baby due 7-4-05!
#2 of 5 Old 10-29-2004, 11:50 PM

Hi! Congrats, and I really hope you don't get sick again like you did the last time, blah.

The midwife I used last time has cancer and is only practicing a couple of days a week. I still haven't settled on another one.
#3 of 5 Old 10-30-2004, 02:31 PM

Emily, I hope your pregnancy this time will be as smooth as it can be. Here's hoping for that 5%. Were you able to get any help or relief last time?
I have told some people, thinking about telling my parents today. I know it's early, but I don't want to proceed as if something is going to go wrong. Also I wouldn't want to go through a loss without support because I never told anyone...you know?
Congrats to you.
#4 of 5 Old 10-31-2004, 11:52 AM

congrats and welcome
#5 of 5 Old 10-31-2004, 12:02 PM

Welcome aboard! It's nice to already have support here. July seems so far away!

Fingers crossed you avoid getting sick so horribly again.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page