So do you *feel* pregnant? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 10-30-2004, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a hard tim believing I'm actually pregnant. Some days I have more symptoms than others. I am tired and hungry and VERY burpy (what's up with that???), but my breast aren't as sore as they were when AF was due. I'm still nursign DS so I guess this is a good thing, but for me it was one of those definitive signs I actually welcomed.

I know we are really early on and I remembering having days with DS when I'd decided I must not be pg anymore (but of course I was), but it'shard for me to hav faith in the process and just enjoy things for what they are right now.

We aren't telling people right now. Only my sister knows.
#2 of 21 Old 10-30-2004, 02:38 PM

I don't feel too pregnant yet, but I'm kinda grateful. Last time feeling pregnant meant weeks of nausea and exhaustion, and I'm trying to figure out how to streamline things around the house a bit in case it's like that again. That said, I have peed about 8 times so far this morning :LOL.
#3 of 21 Old 10-30-2004, 08:19 PM

Between the sore breasts, peeing, bouts of nausea and fatique, yeah, I am feeling pretty preggo!

But, I know what you mean. With my first I was sick before I even knew I was pg and I was sick the ENTIRE 9 months. So, I always felt pg sick. With this one, probably due to early medication, I feel like a normal person and sometimes it is just so hard to believe that I am pg and still functioning!
#4 of 21 Old 10-31-2004, 12:14 PM

some days i definatlydo and then some days i don't and then i too worry that soemthing has happened to the fetus. when i start to wrry aobut it i look at my 5 weeks but already showing belly and that is comforting. Lol
#5 of 21 Old 11-01-2004, 12:31 PM

I definitely am already feeling pg. About 7 days post conception I started waking up in the middle of the night to pee... still doing that, very fatigued, and mild all-day queasiness set in about a week ago (at 5weeks pg)
I also have pelvic fullness and occasional round ligament pains.

Selissa- showing at 5 weeks? Do elaborate...

take care
elaine
#6 of 21 Old 11-01-2004, 01:34 PM

LOL I feel like I am "showing" too, but I am pretty sure it is a combo of retaining water and constipation due to my medications! It does hurt already to have pressure on my belly so I have been making use of all of my elastic waist pull on style pants.
#7 of 21 Old 11-01-2004, 10:02 PM

I"m just constantly eating and getting an early belly as well....although dh says it's from all the chocolate he brought me from Rotterdam :LOL
#8 of 21 Old 11-02-2004, 11:48 AM

don't know what to add..i just ahave this funny littel round pot belly. it always reminds me of the french girl in Pulp Fiction "If I had a Pot i would where a shirt three sizes to small to accentuate it" (paraphrased probably) I do..and i do! lol
#9 of 21 Old 11-02-2004, 05:50 PM

I started feeling it in my breasts last week, before I tested, and they still have been feeling odd, not painful, just strange. I am extremely small-breasted, so the fact that they've already seem bigger is a welcome and exciting sign of pregnancy for me.

Also, I have moments of dull crampiness where I am sure AF is about to start -- but then nothing. I think that happened a bit with my first pregnancy too.

--Lisa
#10 of 21 Old 11-03-2004, 12:20 AM

I'm feeling pretty pregnant. I am having a lot more symptoms than I did with my first, which I sailed through pretty much symptom-free. I guess karma came back around to get me this time, lol. Maybe I am having a girl this time, they say you have more symptoms with a girl.

And Selissa, I have a little belly, too. I can't believe it's there already. I do think mine is mostly due to bloating, though. But I'm already having to do the rubber band trick with my pants.
#11 of 21 Old 11-03-2004, 01:31 AM

Ooohh...if your pregnancies are anything like mine you're having a girl My first was a boy and I sailed through it with no problems, and NO MS.....my second was a girl and I was nauseous for 13 weeks....this one so far I feel great I'm thinking another boy, I hope :LOL
#12 of 21 Old 11-03-2004, 05:08 PM

I am having to pee alot in the middle of the night and I threw up twice already and I am not even 4 weeks yet! ACK! I also have a bad cold though so that could be part of the throwing up.

Desiree

#13 of 21 Old 11-08-2004, 07:28 PM

I *think* I am 5w5d today and I have constant urination, fatigue, pregnancy acne, sore and enlarged breasts, moodiness, constipation and bloating. No m/s for me at all so hopefully that will continue.
#14 of 21 Old 11-10-2004, 10:59 AM

Okay, I am starting to feel pregnant now.
Went for a walk a couple of days ago as I usually do, and usually it is nice and energizing. This time I was drained and exhausted for the rest of the day like I had run a marathon or something.
Also I've had heartburn for a couple of days. Weird cause I didn't get that until like 9mos last time. And the nausea is starting... : Oh well. There's something reassuring about feeling preg even though it sucks.
#15 of 21 Old 11-10-2004, 11:39 AM

tell me about it...a little over a week ago i was freaking out becausei didn't feel pregnant...and now i feel so pregnant i cant' keep anything down...lol
#16 of 21 Old 11-10-2004, 02:11 PM

LOL I am completely exhausted, I even had to take an early evening nap the other day. My boobs feel HUGE and are tender, I have bouts of nausea, I am peeing like crazy. All these symptoms started at the end of the 3rd week.

I am just not looking forward to morning sickness. Blech.

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#17 of 21 Old 11-10-2004, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

I'm very tired too and hungry, boy am I ever hungry
#18 of 21 Old 11-10-2004, 06:01 PM

Add me to the hungry list. If I don't eat regularly, I get light-headed and VERY cranky -- and this is only at 5-6 weeks for me?!?! Breasts are still sore, too. I don't remember either happening this early with DS1 -- do any second (or more)timers recalls symptoms coming on earlier, or is it just simply a case of being more aware of and in tune with the body?

--Lisa
#19 of 21 Old 11-10-2004, 06:13 PM

It seems like I started to feel pregnant right after I got those two pink lines. Exhaustion has set in and I have some stretching pains. I just want to go to sleep!

Amy, mom to LadyBug, SnuggleBug and StinkBug.  Expecting BabyBug in August 2011.
#20 of 21 Old 11-10-2004, 07:20 PM

I too feel everything started really early this time around. With my first I swear I didn't start to feel pregnant until I was 6-8 weeks.

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#21 of 21 Old 11-11-2004, 12:10 AM

Yup, I've felt pregnant for about two weeks. Only occasional mild nausea, but very tired, and eating everything in sight!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page