could I be pregnant? opinions/experiences wanted - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-14-2004, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi mamas in waiting,

I am at cd28; usually my cycles are 29-31 days long. I took a dipstick HPT today, once this AM and once just now. I got very faint pink lines...almost like they are an afterthought. I have had pangs in my uterus - not my typical PMS behavior - and today have cramps, also not my usual. I had sex on cd's 16, 17, 18 and 20. Anyone experienced this sort of scenario? I am afraid to believe the HPTs because the lines are so faint, and I have this constant awareness of my uterus.

I know time will tell, but I'd love to hear anyone's experiences, just for fun. Ha!

Thanks,
Laurie

Laurie wash.gif (44), wife to DH thumb.gif(60), mama to DS guitar.gif (18), DS reading.gif(6), DSD heartbeat.gif(15), and DD (4)jog.gif 
#2 of 4 Old 11-14-2004, 07:50 PM

I had this happen a lot. I've had several miscarriages too or else I would have a lot more names in my siggy!

I've taken tests early and gotten the faint line. I've had lines appear way after the tests says they should and all I can say is that the only way a line should/could appear is if there is a reaction from the chemical in the urine.

Maybe someone else has more knowledge of this but that is the way I believe it to work.

I also had pangs in my uterus and cramps, which is normal for me BTW. I just was very able to feel the uterus doing its thing that it does with the baby inside.

I am guessing you want to be preggo by the days you had sex, so good luck mama!!!
#3 of 4 Old 11-14-2004, 07:51 PM

Just popped over from another expecting club, but wanted to say that as long as you read the lines in the time allowed (IE: not after 10 minutes or whatever your brand says) than it is a positive I got the exact same result 3 PT's in a row and thought my mind was playing tricks on me because the lines were so faint.

ETA: Clear Blue Easy tests ALWAYS gave me a false positive after that 10 minute window. That's why they say not to read a positive test after that time. For some reason they can turn up a false positive outside of that time period.
#4 of 4 Old 11-15-2004, 11:16 AM

Sounds like congratulations are in order! A line is a line.

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page