Bleeding and clot-but still pg. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-18-2004, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WARNING-TMI-WARNING

Hi Everyone,
I havnt posted in a while cause on tues at midday ish i was cutting my daughters hair when i felt a little pop and then felt wet in my knickers so i felt with my hand and saw i was bleeding.
I went to the bathroom and sat there numb-I was so scared-the bleeding was bright red and kind of watery at first then it got darker and thicker, I passed one clot (about 1 inch long and 1 cm thick) at that point i called to my partner between crying and just sat there crying and shaking and thinking this is it, im losing my baby.
I rang my doc who got me an appointment for u/s today at 8.30am she also said it sounded very likely I was miscarrying.
After about two hours of heavy bleeding it eased off and i rested lots, but kept going toilet to check, through weds it was just when i wiped and was browny color so old blood i think.
Anyway i went for my scan today and we saw the baby!! It is only around 6wks so im less than i thought but my cycles were never regular so thats not a problem. I have another ultrasound for 2 weeks.
Ill let u all know how it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2004, 04:18 PM

You might have been pregnant with twins... happend to me with my first About the same time in pregnancy...

Healthy sticky vibes for you!

Valérie   
Old 11-18-2004, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc
You might have been pregnant with twins... happend to me with my first About the same time in pregnancy...

Healthy sticky vibes for you!
That's what I was going to say. It sounds very much like you had twins in there.

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

Old 11-18-2004, 06:54 PM

Maybe there's no way to know about the twins, but I'm glad to hear that at least one of your babies is safe.

Does this mean you will likely be "due" in July rather than earlier, as it says in your sig?

Old 11-18-2004, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinahYeteirah
Maybe there's no way to know about the twins, but I'm glad to hear that at least one of your babies is safe.

Does this mean you will likely be "due" in July rather than earlier, as it says in your sig?

I think her sig is like that because she is in England where they do day/month/year instead of month/day/year like we do.

Either way - good news that the babe looks fine! Good luck!
Old 11-18-2004, 07:57 PM

Sounds like the way my mother describes her pregnancy with me. The doctor was convinced she had miscarried. The contents of what she passed while in the doctors office seemed to confirm a miscarriage. But her I am. The final consensus was that I originally had a twin.

Mom to Kira March 2009
Old 11-18-2004, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was going to say you were probably pregnant with twins as well. With my second dd I passed a clot and had some scary bleeding but it there was no suspicion of twins until I delivered the placenta after dd was born and it was perfectly heart shaped. My midwife said that it was unusual and occurs in twin pregnancies.

student/sahm to three awesome girls who are always on the go!
Old 11-19-2004, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Just to Say Thanks for your kind replies.

I do come from England and so I originally had my due date as 5th july but now im thinking it's probably closer to around 14th.
I'm waiting to have my second scan on 2nd dec cos they said they will be able to take proper measurements and give me my due date then.

I also just wanted to ask who else has heard that it reduces your chance of miscarraige if you hear babys heartbeat (or see it) as it means itis healthy?
I'm sure I read that somewhere once, an as I only had a abdominal scan that still picked it up I think thats al good for just 6 weeks . I didnt think you could see it like tht so early on.

They also saw a cyst on my right ovary?? dont know if I should worry or not about tht. And apparantly my uterus tilts back not forward so tht made my scan less clear

Seems this Pregnancy is going to be nothing like my last two, I just hope none of this effects my homebirth.

Oh Well, will write again soon,
THANKS AGAIN
Old 11-19-2004, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie69
WARNING-TMI-WARNING

After about two hours of heavy bleeding it eased off and i rested lots, but kept going toilet to check, through weds it was just when i wiped and was browny color so old blood i think.
Anyway i went for my scan today and we saw the baby!! It is only around 6wks so im less than i thought but my cycles were never regular so thats not a problem. I have another ultrasound for 2 weeks.
Ill let u all know how it goes.
What a scare for you. I know several people who lost a twin this way. One girl bled for ten days and when she went back because she was still bleeding the doctor said her uterus was still swollen. Before they went to do a D&C they did an US and there was a healthy little embryo with a heartbeat. My daughter was a twin, but the other one was reabsorbed.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:32 PM
Mer

What a scare for you. I'm glad you still have one little one who seems healthy. I don't know if seeing the heartbeat would reduce your chances of a m/c but I would think that it is a good indication of a healthy pg. I think that 6 wks is the earliest they can see it and even if they don't see it everything could still be ok. It may just be a little too early in some cases. From what I've read I think cysts are usally harmless but there may be different kinds. My uterus tilts back I'm told but it's never been a problem as far as I know.

User Tag List