A little about yourself. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 87 Old 12-15-2004, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Mama's!
How are your pregnancies going? I hope all is well and I am busy sending stickies to all of you out there :

First post on this forum so I'll tell you all a lil' about myself.

My name is Katie. I'm married and live in Oregon. I'm 22, and just had Darlene less then four monthes ago. We really thought she was our miracle and that was the end of our luck with TTC.
Surprise!
Dharma Alivia or D A (boy) is due (according to the sketchy due dates my MW and I could come up with) around July 3rd.
I'll have a 10 month old and a newborn.

WOW. I feel overwhelmed with one. I'm planning on tincturing the placenta to ward off PPD and other things beings the births will be so close together.

Doing the at home water birth again, and looking forward to it

Well, I hope I get to stay with you wonderful ladies. We couldn't hear the HB at the last appt. (Sunday) which makes me think the worst, or that I'm not as far along as we think.

Either way.... I'm sending stickies to myself too!

So, please introduce yourself to me if you will. Tell me what your symptoms are, about yourself, etc.

I look forward to hearing from you all!!

Love,
Katie
#2 of 87 Old 12-15-2004, 01:19 PM

Hi Katie, Wow Congratulations! I can see why you might be feeling a bit overwhelmed.

My name is Selissa, I am Happily married and have a lovely 22 month old son named Lucien. we are still nursing well and i am hoping that this holds out for as long as possible...Ideally my milk won't dry up at all but we wil see.

lets see i am 12 weeks pregnant today (don'torry i'll take another pic later on today) and unfortuanly my ms seems to be kicking back in. which, mind you, doesnt' seem entirely fair. but i shall prevail and anyway..we get another little squiggly out of the deal so it will be worth it in the end.

ooh edited to add that i am havigna home birth with a laymidwife...and probably a water birth again this time

factoid- i really wish i could affoed fiteds for the new baby to conrain bf poops. but i won't be able to affrd them and am coming to terms with that.

factoid #2 my typing is horrid..and even worse when i am naking
#3 of 87 Old 12-15-2004, 01:32 PM
Mer

Wow, you'll certainly have your work cut out for you. We're planning a water birth too, although mine will be at a hospital. I am 35, live just outside Baltimore and have one little boy (3 yo). I had one loss just previous to this one in April so I am quite thankful to be here. Although I have to say I am a little apprehensive about this pg at times. The last one was pretty tramatic. Everything looks good so far though. I had a u/s Monday and saw the hb and tiny arms and legs forming.

I should add that they couldn't find the hb with me either a week ago and my midwife said it was more difficult with me because my uterus tilts backwards. I don't know if this is the case with you or not.

As for symptoms I am moody, moody, moody. Every once in a while a little nauseous, but that's not bad.

Can I ask how you know this one is a boy already?

Meredith
#4 of 87 Old 12-16-2004, 01:04 AM

You are one busy blessed lady!

My name is Sarah. I live in Seattle, WA and I have a 17 month old DD and I am due with #2 on July 7th although the doc said the 4th today.

I work PT as a graphic designer for a small college and I am married. We have a dog...Bob.

I have had horrible all day sickness. Mostly nausea I have only gotten sick a handfull of times thankfully. Although this week my nausea is starting to subside from the all day. Hopefully that will continue.

I just started showing over the weekend all of a sudden totally strange and seemingly early but my OB wasn't surprised.

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
#5 of 87 Old 12-16-2004, 03:09 AM

I'm Erika, mom to 3 yo Hannah. Married to Shawn for 3 1/2 years. I had Hannah in hospital with an epidural that didn't work, strapped down to a bed with an IV sstuck in my arm for 34 hours. soooo not fun.

We are planning a home waterbirth with this one and are sooooooo excited. We're due July 16th.

Welcome and congrats!!

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#6 of 87 Old 12-16-2004, 04:18 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Selissa, Meredith, Sarah and Erika

So pretty much all of us are having waterbirths! How cool is that.

Oh and Meredith, I don't know what I'm having :LOL Dharma Alivia (girl name) or D A (boy's initials) will be here sometime in July. We are doing the fathers initials custom. I like the name Deidritch for a boy but Dwayne likes the name Datsun (after his car). Umm, I'm hoping for a girl!!!! lol

Are you all going to be SAHM after this baby is born?
I will be. Dwayne is unemployed and getting his second degree right now. Hopefully we will be okay come July.

I just went and spent way too much money (gift certificates) at Target on Darlene. I bought her a Jumperoo. she loves to jump so much! She got in it and we played and played and she jumped and giggled. Almost the happiest I've ever seen her!

I have a cat named Fido. I had a nother cat named Little Bob. Bob, its such a wonderfully diverse name!

Well, Darlene is wanting fed-- so nice to meet you gals!

& thanks for making me feel better about the heartbeat Mer.

Katie
#7 of 87 Old 12-16-2004, 02:31 PM

Hi, my name is Brandi and I'm 25 years old. This baby will be baby #3. We have 2 dd's, Ainsley who is 3, and Bethie who is 14 months. We are an Air Force family and live in Hawaii right now. We will be moving almost directly after having the baby, that should be fun.

student/sahm to three awesome girls who are always on the go!
#8 of 87 Old 12-17-2004, 12:40 AM
Pom

Congrats, Katie (and all the rest of you, too!) !

I am just turned 36, due July 25th, happily married mom to DD #1 who was 3 in August. DD's birth in Chicago was pretty great, considering I had to be induced -- I still had my MW, a tub labor, and no meds, in hospital. But now we're in a LA with new lame insurance, and it looks like this will be a regular OB in a regular, non tubbing hospital. I'm not even sure if I can get the OB I want, as they are dropping my group, so I'm kinda stressed about that, and hoping for a loop hole. Still, I switched providers 3x with DD and all went well, so, well, here's hoping for a positive outcome! I'm trying to keep being a SAHM and recently picked up some night work at home doing transcription.

I've had some friends with bad mc luck lately, too, so I'm really keeping my fingers crossed and praying this little peanut sticks!

Looking forward to getting to know you...
#9 of 87 Old 12-17-2004, 09:50 AM

Hi, All!

I'm Beverly, 31 years old, happily married SAHM to two great kids and expecting #3 in July. I grew up in Idaho, but I've lived in Sweden for the past four years (my husband is Swedish). So far I don't really "feel" pregnant, apart from some very occasional queasiness and being exhausted all the time. My first MW appointment is next Wednesday (the 22nd), so we'll see what she has to say then!

At-home mom to a teenager, an infant, and three in between!
#10 of 87 Old 12-17-2004, 11:34 AM

Hi everyone --

I'm going to jump back and forth between this and the August board, since, depending who you ask, I'm due either July 30, 31, August 1, or August 2.

I'm Debi, mommy to spunky sweet smart daughter Ronni, age 2.5, and wife to a wonderful supportive sensitive sexy husband. I work full time, but telecommute two days a week, which is great. I hope after this babe arrives to go down to part time, and just not work on those two days I normally telecommute.

So far, I feel like crud! I'm just all-over yucky feeling, queasy, constipated, achy, restless, blech. I hope this all eases over the course of the next couple of months, because it stinks! I don't remember being this miserable with my first pregnancy. I keep thinking maybe this is a boy, since there's that old story about if your symptoms are really different the second time, it's the opposite gender from the first time. What do you all think?

Anyway, congrats to everyone!!!
#11 of 87 Old 12-17-2004, 11:43 AM

hi ladies,

My name is Ange, I am 34 years old.

I am about 8 weeks pregnant, EDD is 28 July. This will be our first child (and first grandchild on my side).

So far I have not suffered from MS, just some slight queasiness once in a while (I could be very lucky, or I could just be a late starter).

I've cried, no sobbed, a few times for slight reasons which normally don't bother me and afterwards I feel so silly.

I've been suffering terribly from extreme fatigue and I have to take naps on the weekends.

I'm very bloated (I have a evident belly) and I don't really fit into my "normal" clothes any more. I am now wearing skirts partially unzipped.

At times I feel dull muscle aches around my belly and lower back (I am assuming this is growing pains).

However the most agonising pregnancy symptom so far are the uncomfortable and immensely tender breasts. Have had to resort to wearing crop tops to sleep. :

Any one else in the same boat?

At the end of the day, these are all pregnancy symptoms and I'm happy to have them
#12 of 87 Old 12-17-2004, 05:12 PM

Almost 10 weeks pregnant with number three. I am feeling pretty good I am just more worried with this pregnancy than with any other. I took some muscle relaxers for about a week a few weeks into my pregnancy because I was desperate to help my back pain (it feels alot better now, I don't know if it is the pregnancy hormones or the accupuncture but my back feels great). A pharmacist I work with laughed at me for being so worried about it, admitting she would obsess too, but said it was perfectly safe and would have no effect on my baby but still I worry. I haven't heard the heartbeat yet so I wonder if I'm really pregnant and if I am pregnant I worry so much that something might be wrong with my baby, if not from the drugs then just genetics or something due to my age. I have been so lucky, totally healthy pregnancies and kids and our whole family is so healthy I think we have been too lucky, that statistically we are due for some disaster. Isn't that terrible? I need to find a way to put my mind at ease. At first I didn't want an ultrasound but now I think that I'll get one just to put my mind at ease that the baby is normally formed so I can relax a bit. I am sure that me worrying so much is probably worse for it than an ultrasound.

Otherwise I feel great, this will be homebirth #2, one of the midwives from my last birth will attend this one. It is illegal in our state right now and I don't want her to get in trouble so I'm not sure if I should start pretending to the people at work this will be a hospital birth. I work in the NICU and very closely with L&D and there is alot of crap going on right now with the whole homebirth thing and there are some nurse practitioners at work who are working in oposition to me on this midwife practice act that is in the works, they know who I am and that I had my last one at home and I don't want anyone turning my MW in for practicing medicine without a licence. They sent out cease and desist letters months back (my MW didn't get one because she is keeping low profile and they don't know her) and while there is a hold on them right now, if the bill doesn't pass they will start making arrests. Anyway, makes it hard to talk about it at work with people I work with being in oposition to the bill and I already get heat for homebirthing and for supporting it. Blech!
#13 of 87 Old 12-17-2004, 08:46 PM

I'm Michelle and I live in Wisconsin with my husband and our four, soon to be five, children.

All four of our children thus far have been born at the same small-town hospital with the same doctor. (Well, #3 was born so quickly doc didn't make it until 5 minutes after.) My husband might get transferred the first of July, so we'd be moving "at the eleventh hour". Although we hope for the move, I'm not thrilled at the thought of finding a new doc/hospital within 2 weeks of the birth. Though I birth in the hospital because of a cardiac condition, all four have been natural births without intervention or induction.

I breastfeed and our youngest is still frequently nursing at 17 mos of age.

My symptoms thus far have been extreme all-day "morning" sickness. 1.5 weeks ago I had to go to outpatient for iv's. That seemed to help because even though I've battled nausea daily I haven't been physically sick for over a week.
#14 of 87 Old 12-18-2004, 05:49 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Brandi, Pom, Michelle, Kimberly, Ange, Beverly and Debi.

Thanks so much for introducing yourselves!

Brandi: Congrats on baby number 3! Do you feel a bit overwhelmed, where are you moving too? I was in hawaii last December. On Oahu visiting family out in Waianae (sp). I had a wonderful time. :smile
babys crying, I'll write nore later
#15 of 87 Old 12-18-2004, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsmama
Brandi: Congrats on baby number 3! Do you feel a bit overwhelmed, where are you moving too? I was in hawaii last December. On Oahu visiting family out in Waianae (sp). I had a wonderful time. :smile
babys crying, I'll write nore later

Yes, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. We were going to actively start using birth control and lo and behold, I was pregnant. It was such a surprise because with the girls we had to really try for over a year to get pregnant with each of them. So, to be unexpectedly pregnant was not something that I thought would happen. We live on Oahu as well, on Hickam AFB. We don't know where we will be moving too, all we know is our time here is up in Sept. We were planning on taking a month of leave before we have to report to our next station, so that will push it to August which will be just a couple of weeks after baby is born, if it comes on time. We're hoping to move back to Missouri, that's where all our family is.

Well, I'm sure you didn't expect a novel for a response, huh

student/sahm to three awesome girls who are always on the go!
#16 of 87 Old 12-18-2004, 10:56 PM

Hi everyone,

My name is Lisa, I'm 32 and we have lived in Canada the last 1+ year (moved for my husband's job at the University -- it's been very interesting being Americans abroad, esp. with all the election and war news -- but that's topic for another day, I suppose).

I am about 11 weeks along (although I'm not exactly sure -- my periods were really short and we thought it would take a while to get pg this time because of short luteal phase, so we were trying but not expecting anything. And lo and behold...) I think my due date is around July 8 or so. I'm just hoping by the end of July

Anyway -- we have a beautiful 2.5 year old DS and I also teach PT at the university. We had a wonderful midwife attended hospital birth in Penna. with our DS. Apparently, though, midwives are not allowed to deliver in hospitals in our province. I am open to the idea of a homebirth (esp. 2nd time around) but my husband is just not comfortable with the idea at all. For now, we're seeing a very laid-back OB and I have the name of a good homebirth midwife (who also works as a doula) who we hope to meet with in early Jan.

I've had SUCH a rough time with this pregnancy -- I wasn't sick at all with my son, but I have thrown up every night since Nov. 11 (it got so bad, one night I started throwing up blood. Who knew that could happen? Apparently, I have several small tears in the esophogus from so much vomiting. Ugh). It seems to be getting a *little* better this week, but has still been so very, very hard.

Sorry to ramble on so much. It's nice to meet you all and thanks in advance for good advice, commiserating, laughs and compassion.

-- Lisa
(I have to figure out how to do a signature tag one of these days.)
#17 of 87 Old 12-19-2004, 10:31 AM

I'm Crescent, and so far I'm the oldest July mom at 41 years old. I have a 16 year old son at home now, and tried to get pregnant for about a year. Now it looks like I am likely to be having multiples (probably due to the fertility drugs I took). I really want a baby girl, so if it's multiple, I keep saying "Please, please, at least one girl in there."

I had a midwife and home birth with my son all those years ago and had planned on having a home birth again. Now that it looks like a multiple birth, I'm not sure whether that's possible or not. And I'm TERRIFIED of the hospital experience (the way most of our culture is terrified of homebirths).

I have a midwife right now, but I am going to need a sonogram to tell whether and how many babies I am carrying. The height of my fundus was 15 cm. at 10 weeks and it should have been only 10 cm. so we'll see what happens.

Congratulations to everyone on this list!!!

Crescent
#18 of 87 Old 12-19-2004, 01:00 PM

Hi! I'm Valérie, 34yo (35 in January), pregnant with #3. DD is almost 14, DS is 7... looks like I work in cycle :LOL This little one is due July 25th but as there is a Full Moon on the 21th... we'll see

I have an appointement with a midwife January 14th where she will tell me if I fit the requierments to give birth at the Maison de Naissances - if not, I will have to find a doctor and give birth in the hospital After a c-section (DD was breech and I was in a "high-tech" hospital) and a VBAC with a doula, I'm ready for a new environment (would do this at home but DH is not comfortable with this idea - but I have so many dreams about non-assisted since last summer that I will prepare an homebirth kit just in case )

I don't remember being so sick... except when I had my MC before DS... this little one doesn't want me to forget i'm pregnant!

Oh, and I'm really tired but I CAN'T sleep Don't know what I could do or take to help... My "good night" tea is not OK when pregnant

Valérie   
#19 of 87 Old 12-19-2004, 10:06 PM

Hi. I'm Rachel. I am 28 and this is my second pregnancy (m/c 9/04). So far things are going well. I am just over 8 weeks and completely grateful to have morning sickness, tender breasts, fatigue and irritability! How crazy is that?! With pregnancy #1 I never felt anything and with this pregnancy they found a progesterone deficiency. So, either the supplementation makes me sick, or this is what my body feels like pregnant. In either case, I'll take it!

I am a graduate student, hoping to finish my degree before I give birth. But writing is really difficult when all I do is log on to Mothering.com instead of working

I have had a few bleeding scares, but both times ultrasounds showed a strong heartbeat, so I am just assuming that things are fine.

It is nice to meet all of you and I am looking forward to hearing about all your trials and joys and the pregnancies progress!
#20 of 87 Old 12-20-2004, 11:23 AM

I'm Cassidy, haven't posted here in a while due to pregnancy sickness but I started coming back to life at about 10 weeks and am feeling SO much better. I'm 24, in Indiana, this is my second pregnancy - I have a 15 mo son who will be a few months away from two when the new one is born. I have a "due date" of July 9; I'll be happy with any time in July . We are planning a homebirth VBAC. I have an appt today with an OB who I hope I might be able to work out some sort of backup arrangement with, but I'm not confident and I'm not sure I want what they have to offer anyway. We'll see. Looking forward to keeping up with you all through the journey
#21 of 87 Old 12-20-2004, 10:36 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm Jen, 33 and live in Michigan.

I'm pregnant with number 2 and have no symptoms except for an odd appetite and extreme pain while nursing that I *hope* subsides a bit later on.

I'm evidently the group wimp. I'm planning a hospital birth and I'd like my epidural sometime in month 7. :LOL

I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow!

Jen

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#22 of 87 Old 12-21-2004, 12:56 AM

Hey everyone,
Enjoying reading all the intros and looking forward to sharing our pregnancies.

I'm Jeanette, mom to Bella and wife to Sam. We're Canadian transplants living in Arizona. I'm a doula and planning a homebirth. My main hobby right now is whining about how rotten I feel

Jeanette
#23 of 87 Old 12-21-2004, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter

So cool to meet you all!

Whats the one thing your dreading about this pregnancy?

Me, its the being so pregnant that rolling out of bed is nearly impossible...I hate that!
#24 of 87 Old 12-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Pom

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsmama

Whats the one thing your dreading about this pregnancy?
The ONE thing? LOL, in my world there's never just one thing. This time around I'm worried about: m/c (a few of my friends have been having some bad luck), who is going to help me deliver this baby (hmo issues), and how much weight I'm going to gain (I gained 55 last time and do not want to do that again), plus the logistics of having 2 kids (grocery shopping? sleep? Where will it fit in our tiny apt?) but I supppose that last one's a post worry. I have a whole list of those, too.
#25 of 87 Old 12-24-2004, 11:44 AM

hi darsmama & ladies,

I don't have a dread as this is my second pregnancy, I am 9-10 weeks pregnant and at this stage is the furtherest I've been. I don't really know what to expect from past experience.

However I have high blood pressure (which existed prior to pregnancy and I am on medication). My main concern my blood pressure level and later on the possibility of pre-eclampsia later on (which my GP has put the fear of in me).

The birth is too far away for me to contemplate at this point. Also having suffered a miscarriage took away a good chunk of the fear ... for now.

I can tell you though, that I am very much looking forward to mid-January as that is my 12 weeks mark.

I'm taking little baby steps (pardon the pun) and trying to reach each pregnancy milestone before looking forward to the next.

I remain hopeful and optomistic.
#26 of 87 Old 12-26-2004, 12:50 AM

hi all. this is my first pregnancy so everything is new and unexpected. i was a nervous wreck the first 10 weeks, but started feeling much better after having a u/s and seeing the h/b. it was amazing!! i'm 28, been married for 4 years to my DH and we are so excited about becoming parents! my main complaints are being exhausted beyond belief all the time, queasy, no appetite, and majorly constipated which causes a constant discomfort for me. I will be 13 weeks in a couple days and I feel worse today than I have in a very long time. Couldn't get out of bed and sooo nauseaus. I know it all comes with the territory though....just hoping to feel better soon.
#27 of 87 Old 12-29-2004, 01:04 AM - Thread Starter

Ahhh, I'm sure the m/s and constipation will lift eventually!!!
Hang in there

Anyone else ??
#28 of 87 Old 12-29-2004, 08:41 PM

Hi! I'm Emily. I'm 29, married to Gary for 5 years and mother to my wonderful dd Anneliese who is 19 months old.

Other than the terrible morning sickness, that so far is not as bad as last time since I haven't had to get iv fluids but with a toddler I haven't been able to sit around all day feeling sorry for myself either, I'm doing great. Last time it lasted about 4 months so I'm glad to be at least halfway through the hard part. The 3rd trimester is my favorite, I feel so great. I was mowing the lawn the day my labor started with dd and I hope to be able to keep that active this time around.

I'm due mid to late July. I haven't seen a midwife yet. We aren't doing any ultrasounds. I'll be homebirthing, I was a homebirthed baby and can't imagine doing it any other way. I'd like to have have an unassisted childbirth but dh isn't quite ready for that so I'll find a midwife to come sit in the living room and keep him company. Dd is still nursing, more now than before, and it's only the middle of the night nursings that bother me a bit since I'm so tired these days. I'm hoping she doesn't wean when my milk dries up, but I trust her to do what's best for her.

I've got an awesome support group of other moms and am looking forward to having some postpartum help this time around.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.
#29 of 87 Old 12-31-2004, 04:03 AM

Hi, my husband and i (we are both 38) have a 2 1/2 yr old boy and are expecting another child in July. I'm almost 11 weeks along. I've been a little nervous this time because it took longer to concieve than we expected and then i suffered two early pg losses. That was HARD.

But it looks good so far! We saw the heartbeat at at 8 1/2 week US and i heard the heartbeat on the doppler this week at the midwife visit. I love that sound.

We are planning a midwife assisted hospital birth, with water labor and possible water birth. Yes, they do that at the hospital here! My son was an attempted homebirth but my labor stalled and we all decided, after a long time, to transport to the hospital. i was dehydrated. I was given IV fluids to hydrate and my contractions started up again. my son was born shortly after! So it wasn't a homebirth but was still largely under our control and very fulfilling.

I look forward to getting to know all the July mamas-to-be!
#30 of 87 Old 12-31-2004, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Pippi and Emily. Great to meet you

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page