First midwife appointment! - Mothering Forums
July 2005 > First midwife appointment!
MamanFrancaise's Avatar MamanFrancaise 05:29 PM 12-17-2004
Well I finally met my midwife on Wednesday and she's fantastic! She really seems to understand what I want for this pregnancy and delivery. I had about a pint of blood taken, LOL. Even though she did say all the tests were optional I just went ahead and did them all. I guess because I felt so comfortable with her and not pressured into it.

Anyway... we didn't try to hear the heartbeat, she said it would be too soon so we're waiting for Jan. 12th at my next appointment.

Her exam room is so relaxing! It has couches and a bazillion toys that Hannah can occupy herself with when we go for appointments.

I have an u/s scheduled for Feb. 15th (I requested it) just so I can see my baby.

She asked if I wanted to have the blood test that tests for spina bifida and downs at 15 weeks but I declined because seriously, what could I do about it but worry.

She also moved my due date up about two days (like that really means anything anyway, LOL).

So I'm 10 weeks today. Wow. I remember when I found out I was just over 3 weeks.

Hope everyone is starting to feel better!!

MamanFrancaise's Avatar MamanFrancaise 05:31 PM 12-17-2004
Oh nd for those going for a natural childbirth and haven't already done so, I highly reccommend reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. I am in love with this book!
Mer's Avatar Mer 11:40 PM 12-17-2004
Glad your appointment went well. Your midwife sound a lot like mine. I love mine too.
Up